Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #61
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreshins View Post
Where are you guys watching this? We watched the first two episodes and it’s fun.

My laptop is goosed at the moment - so any way to watch on ps4 or iOS?
You can download the Youtube app on the PS4 and sign into your account.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #62
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
You can download the Youtube app on the PS4 and sign into your account.
Yeah, did that. it says payment is needed but there is no way to actually make payment. Apparently YouTube red isn’t available in canada. Has anyone here actually managed to watch the entire season on YouTube (ps4 or otherwise?). I actually don’t mind paying as the first two episodes were excellent.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #63
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 PM   #64
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just found out about this. It's brilliant. Can't wait for season 2.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:53 PM   #65
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just watched this and I thought it was tropey, predictable, and cheesy. I loved every minute of it.

Actually the surprise to me was Johnny's character. He's the best written, dynamic, and likable character on the show. If he was written the same way the rest of the show is, it would be not much more than nostalgia and novelty.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #66
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post
Actually the surprise to me was Johnny's character. He's the best written, dynamic, and likable character on the show.
He's also the best acting performance. William Zabka owns this show.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #67
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
He's also the best acting performance. William Zabka owns this show.
Agreed.

I think its hilarious, as kids we all identify with Daniel but as we grow up we understand more and it shifts to Johnny.

This show has been a pleasant surprise.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #68
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Question is, will I be able to sign up for the free 30 day trial on Youtube premium...again.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #69
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Agreed.

I think its hilarious, as kids we all identify with Daniel but as we grow up we understand more and it shifts to Johnny.

This show has been a pleasant surprise.

Its funny, because as the show progessed, Daniel became a bigger and bigger butt head

Karate Kid One - Basically a good kid with a mouth that got him into trouble. I mean Cobra Kai went way over board, but Daniel soaked Johnny's weed man, that earns a serious butt kicking.

Karate Kid two - Goes over seas with his mentor. Completely pushes buttons through out. Oh breaking that ice is easy for someone as awesome as me. Stupidly confronts the villain about his weight scale thing causing him to lose face.

Karate Kid three - I'm awesome but don't want to defend my title. Oh I want to defend my title, but I go to a guy that trys to cripple me in training and I don't think it through. I get int a bar fight because I think I'm awesome. Then I get into a tournament and cheat with an illegal blow to the head.

The real hero's of Karate Kid

1) Kreese - clearly a Vietnam Vet who's traumatized by the war to see everyone as the enemy. He tries to give kids survival skills because clearly the neighbourhood is a dangerous place. He probably wanted to attack Mr Miahghi because he was having flash backs to the war.

2) Johnny - Clearly he was a good kid underneath and he clearly turned out to be the lesser jerk of the two. He was humbled and still tried to help out a kid.

3) Terry Silver - Clearly running a company that helps clean up the cities in terms of waste management. Clearly a patron of the art. Donates his time and money to train Daniel after his former teacher refuses to.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #70
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #71
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished binging season 2. Much like S1, it continues to be a fun, light, highly enjoyable series with great characters, terrific acting, and plenty of 80s nostalgia. Johnny really is the heart of the show at this point and William Zabka's performance is excellent. Macchio is pretty solid too, but Zabka just steals every scene he's in.

Most of the kids are quite likeable as well. It was also a treat to see the return of Kreese (Martin Kove) and Johnny's old Cobra Kai gang from '84.

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #72
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Renewed for season 3.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #73
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I liked season 2 even better than season 1. Some of the characters are rather fickle.

Spoiler!
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #74
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Just binged watched season 1 and 2 over the past few weeks, great show. As others have said, its light, it makes fun of itself. It has complete self awareness of what it is and just embraces that, not trying to be anything else.

Everyone I have talked to that watches the show goes into binge mode and loves it.

But mostly everyone I talk to was born in the 80's so maybe that is why...

I've been re watching the Karate Kid movies as well, forgot how great the first one was. Loved it as a kid but haven't seen it in probably 25 years.

Really looking forward to season 3, which according to this teaser (I will put in spoilers cause obvious spoilers) starts Jan 8th, and season 4 was just announced.

DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN UP TO THE END OF SEASON 2 YET

Spoiler!
Old 10-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #75
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Great to see so much love for this show on here. I binged it a few weeks ago and can’t wait for S3. I agree with a lot of the sentiments. Johnny feels like the most dynamic character, especially as the plot continues and he can’t catch any breaks. I also really like Daniel’s wife, Amanda. She’s a hilarious commentary on the guys.

The writers are doing a great job of being self-aware and giving us the goods. I like the balance between flashbacks and callbacks with the modern story. Has anyone else noticed that Robbie looks like Sean from Boy Meets World? Maybe they’re long-lost TV bros. Anyway, with so much insanity this year, it’s great to have S4 to look forward to in early 2021!
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:08 PM   #76
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
I liked season 2 even better than season 1. Some of the characters are rather fickle.

Spoiler!

I realize your post is like a year and a half old, but I just watched this and would hardly agree she's fickle.
Spoiler!
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:43 PM   #77
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!

Old 10-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #78
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaracci_31 View Post

The writers are doing a great job of being self-aware and giving us the goods. I like the balance between flashbacks and callbacks with the modern story. Has anyone else noticed that Robbie looks like Sean from Boy Meets World? Maybe they’re long-lost TV bros. Anyway, with so much insanity this year, it’s great to have S4 to look forward to in early 2021!
Funny I thought the same thing so I looked the actor up on IMDB, he actually was on a few episodes of Girl Meets World. Not as Sean's son, just a random character, but still funny that connection exists.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #79
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are we going to get a dark and gritty season of Robbie fending off predators in jail after he is convicted of assault?

Perhaps Daniel 'Crane-kicking' a Judge in the face after Robbie is sent to prison?

So much potential.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #80
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that every one has this expectation of all of the former characters coming back in this show.

Allie, That girl from the third one, Robin Lively, Mike Barnes, the evil son from the second one, Terry Silver.

I guess most of those actors aren't doing much, I mean even Elizabeth Shue has kind of faded out.

I would like to see Barnes come back, donkey Kick Daniel and burn some Bonzai trees.

Tags
get him a body bag! , sweep the leg