Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #21
Ashasx
Franchise Player
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Exp:
Default

Capitals emailed
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #22
JonDuke
Franchise Player
 
JonDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Sorry for leaving this till last minute. The 23/24 year old thing is messing me up again.
I fine toothed my roster before sending my email and have a question

Domink Simon. 24 years old and 66ov (above the thresehold)

Because he's 24, he can stay in the AHL when I submit my UFA bids and he can be recalled anytime in the season without going through recall waivers but is waiver eligible when I send him back down.

Is this correct?
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #23
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

I think at 66ov be has to be up in the cphl to start, no?
__________________
Be better.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #24
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player
 
Hanna Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Sorry for leaving this till last minute. The 23/24 year old thing is messing me up again.
I fine toothed my roster before sending my email and have a question

Domink Simon. 24 years old and 66ov (above the thresehold)

Because he's 24, he can stay in the AHL when I submit my UFA bids and he can be recalled anytime in the season without going through recall waivers but is waiver eligible when I send him back down.

Is this correct?
The rule is for 23 and under, guys that can pass up and down the roster without waivers. He's 24, he's no different than a 29 year-old

Not part of that 23 and under rule. No different than Darcy Kuemper for me
__________________
- Say No to Vertical Video -

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 07-22-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #25
JonDuke
Franchise Player
 
JonDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
The rule is for 23 and under, guys that can pass up and down the roster without waivers. He's 24, he's no different than a 29 year-old

Not part of that 23 and under rule. No different than Darcy Kuemper for me
So Doug, you can bring Kuemper up any time in the season, without worrying about losing him. It's just sending him back down is when he'd be exposed, correct?
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:26 PM   #26
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player
 
Hanna Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
So Doug, you can bring Kuemper up any time in the season, without worrying about losing him. It's just sending him back down is when he'd be exposed, correct?
Yes, everyone passed on him when I waived him the first time.
__________________
- Say No to Vertical Video -
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #27
Jiri Hrdina
Moderator
 
Jiri Hrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

^Yup all of that is correct.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #28
TheScorpion
First round-bust
 
TheScorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ottawa
Exp:
Default

Are we getting batches after this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Staples, Edmonton Journal
Holland made transactions which have been a net positive for the Oilers, including his massive, massive, massive Grade A trade of Milan Lucic to the Calgary Flames for James Neal.
TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #29
Jiri Hrdina
Moderator
 
Jiri Hrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

yes probably on the weekend.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #30
Ashasx
Franchise Player
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Exp:
Default

It looks like Nicklas Backstrom and Mattias Ekholm were accidentally added to the Capitals roster page.

I mean, I'll keep them, but they were not my UFAs.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #31
Jiri Hrdina
Moderator
 
Jiri Hrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Oops. Man all these years later and I still think of Jon as the Caps GM.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016