Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #661
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1326642870204338177
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #662
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Still holding out for Amazon but may have to clear the calendar for 9:00AM MST and deal with crashing websites to get this thing.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #663
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
nope thats how big they are
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #664
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
EDIT: Holy size image. Anybody know how to change that?
The easiest way for me is I've got a browser plugin where I can just right click on an image and there's a "rehost image" that automatically uploads it to imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/f24ZjcC.jpg

Then I found if you add `l` (lower case L) to the last letter of the image URL before the extension it'll actually come back with a smaller size thumbnail.

EDIT: You can use m and s instead of l as well for "medium" and "small" thumbnails as well.

https://i.imgur.com/f24ZjcCl.jpg

Then I just use that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 04:11 PM   #665
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
My Best Buy Xbox has arrived in Calgary and expected delivery has been updated from the 16th to the 13th now.
Yup same here, I won’t be around on Friday so it’ll have to wait at the post office. Enjoy yours!
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:18 PM   #666
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Guess based on Series X shipping times is that nobody sees the PS5 until Monday.

Just horrible job by Best Buy on this. Series X should have shipped Friday and PS5s on Monday. Just no planning or foresight for the weekend / Remembrance Day
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #667
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
My Guess based on Series X shipping times is that nobody sees the PS5 until Monday.

Just horrible job by Best Buy on this. Series X should have shipped Friday and PS5s on Monday. Just no planning or foresight for the weekend / Remembrance Day
Not sure this is a Best Buy issue. Walmart has emailed saying there is a 2-3 day delay. Shoppers the same. Amazon too. Looking more like a Sony issue.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #668
jgotti
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Ordered first day and Best Buy still showing as being processed. So I take it it hasent even been delivered yet ?
jgotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #669
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Yup same here, I won’t be around on Friday so it’ll have to wait at the post office. Enjoy yours!
I'm actually out of town until December so I will also be waiting!
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 05:41 PM   #670
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea my first hour Amazon and BB orders are still have no update... like wtf. I picked the two biggest retailers because I thought they'd handle their pre-orders well.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #671
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
Not sure this is a Best Buy issue. Walmart has emailed saying there is a 2-3 day delay. Shoppers the same. Amazon too. Looking more like a Sony issue.

At least Wal-Mart has said something. Best Buy just charged my credit card like a week ago and nothing since.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #672
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
At least Wal-Mart has said something. Best Buy just charged my credit card like a week ago and nothing since.
That's more of a hold just to make sure you had the credit limit... they cancelled that on mine yesterday.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #673
sfpipes
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I just called Best Buy to see what was up, as I also had a pending charge that disappeared today. They said my order was still marked as being processed, but that there are no other issues with it. I will still be receiving my product. He said it looks like it should ship tomorrow. I didn't pay any extra for expedited shipping, so I had always thought Friday or Monday would be when I'd receive my PS5. So, as much as I was hoping for sooner, at least I know I'm still getting one. Fingers crossed. lol
sfpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #674
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got an email from Best Buy saying my PS5 and Miles Morales has shipped. It says my expected delivery date is next Thursday though.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #675
phaneuf_train
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I just got an email from Best Buy saying my PS5 and Miles Morales has shipped. It says my expected delivery date is next Thursday though.
Did you pay extra for shipping?
phaneuf_train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #676
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_train View Post
Did you pay extra for shipping?
No, I live in Northern Manitoba so paying extra for shipping is useless. I've been burned before trying that.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #677
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

No email but website show shipped from Best Buy non express

Edit: both shipped and say still calculating ready in 24hrs so basically not even shipped yet just sent to Canada post

Last edited by Raekwon; 11-11-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #678
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is frustratingly hilarious that every single console launch has had so many issues with shortages and pre orders dating back to the PS2 (maybe earlier).

I remember pre-ordering my PS2 after saving all summer to find out a week before EBgames was not going to honor my pre-order because Sony had some kind of shortage and only people who paid for their systems in full got their pre-order. I recall being so angry as i was 5th on the list and would have paid out the balance if they called me to advise me before. I was fortunate that I was able to park outside the Canadian Tire on launch day about 40 minutes before they opened and got one of the consoles.

I was fortunate to get a PS3 from my girlfriend at the time for Christmas during the launch year. She had an in at Best Buy and was able to get one.

PS4 I lucked out and was able to get one shortly after launch at Best Buy by sheer luck of just calling them on a day they happened to receive a new shipment. The sales guy told me he would hold one if I bought a warranty and since my PS3 had fried 8 months earlier I took him up on the offer (that PS4 is still going strong so pure waste of money).

PS5 seems to be a similar gong show. I have tried a few times to get a pre-order. I mentioned earlier in the thread I woke up at 2AM to try for the Superstore preorder that started at 3AM about a month ago. Now based on what I am reading online it doesn’t look like anyone is getting their system tomorrow and likely early next week is the best people can hope for. I know I am going to try all the retailers I can tomorrow and just hope to secure one before Christmas as I will have a couple weeks off at the end of the year and winter is definitely gaming season for me.

Maybe it is to build suspense or maybe it is just the capacity they have to build these things but every console generation is never able to meet the demand. Covid seems to make this year even worse but I am actually glad I don’t even have the option of lining up somewhere tonight to try and get a PlayStation in store.

I definitely feel for the folks in here who were on the ball and got their preorder but now sit in limbo waiting to find out when they get their system. Hopefully many of you are pleasantly surprised in the next couple of days and it arrives.

I can’t wait to play the Spider-Man sequel as the original was one of my favorite games on the PS4 and one of my favorite games of all time.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 08:21 PM   #679
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Shipped from Best Buy. Now I book Friday off and get unreasonably angry when it doesn’t arrive until Monday. As is the custom.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #680
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Same. Just got the notice. Hoping that it shipped earlier today and they are just now updating their system but really just happy that it shipped.