Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #221
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
No, Angela and Kaycee would each take Tyler to F2
I don’t see how they do that. I think Tyler is gonna have to win his way to final two. I don’t see anyone taking him. Maybe Sam out of loyalty, but I gotta think Angela and Kaycee know they would lose to Tyler in a final two so if given the chance at final three, they would boot him.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:03 AM   #222
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
What would be worse?

A bitter jury who votes against Tyler because he played them.

Or a jury who doesn't believe Tyler did anything and votes for someone like Angela because "she had him wrapped around her finger?"
I don't think it's a slam dunk Tyler wins if he gets to the final two as most of the jury members from here on in will find out that Tyler wasn't completely honest with them and there seems to be a trend of spiteful voting in recent years.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #223
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hoping we see footage of the jury house soon.

Zingbot (tonight?) will be great
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #224
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think it's a slam dunk Tyler wins if he gets to the final two as most of the jury members from here on in will find out that Tyler wasn't completely honest with them and there seems to be a trend of spiteful voting in recent years.
Certainly a chance. Bayleigh was definitely mad at Tyler. If he isn't sitting beside Brett or Angela, she could easily not vote for him for "lying" and "disrespecting her." Which sucks, because of all the lies and deception he's told in the house he was completely honest about that conversation, but Bayleigh's the type of person who will go to her grave, long after seeing the livefeed video, and still think he was lying.

And if Bayleigh doesn't vote for him, Rockstar won't either because she's got some weird SJW love for Bayleigh and needs her acceptance.

I know jury management is already considered strongly by the good players, but I wonder if it doesn't go far enough. Getting in two people like Bayleigh and Rockstar as the first jurors, and giving them months to taint all the rest of the jurors who come in with their hate could easily tilt the scales. Especially someone like Scottie or Sam going out next, wanting to be accepted and social with the other juries, will have conversation and grow to the same ideas that Bayleigh and Rockstar have been spewing to each other in a weird stockholm syndrome situation.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #225
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Certainly a chance. Bayleigh was definitely mad at Tyler. If he isn't sitting beside Brett or Angela, she could easily not vote for him for "lying" and "disrespecting her." Which sucks, because of all the lies and deception he's told in the house he was completely honest about that conversation, but Bayleigh's the type of person who will go to her grave, long after seeing the livefeed video, and still think he was lying.

And if Bayleigh doesn't vote for him, Rockstar won't either because she's got some weird SJW love for Bayleigh and needs her acceptance.

I know jury management is already considered strongly by the good players, but I wonder if it doesn't go far enough. Getting in two people like Bayleigh and Rockstar as the first jurors, and giving them months to taint all the rest of the jurors who come in with their hate could easily tilt the scales. Especially someone like Scottie or Sam going out next, wanting to be accepted and social with the other juries, will have conversation and grow to the same ideas that Bayleigh and Rockstar have been spewing to each other in a weird stockholm syndrome situation.
Although when you consider Angela and Brett's goodbye messages, I think Tyler would win over either of them in a bitter jury situation.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #226
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
Although when you consider Angela and Brett's goodbye messages, I think Tyler would win over either of them in a bitter jury situation.
That's Tyler's strategy - getting other HGs to leave insulting goodbye messages and implying he'll do the same, then turning around and leaving nice/boring goodbye messages
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #227
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

To me it seems the priority of the jury has changed recently to choosing the player they feel betrayed them the least over the straight up best player. Tyler has manipulated the entire house and that could come back to haunt him despite he's been by far the best player who has masterminded nearly every eviction to date.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #228
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I think the term best player gets used a lot but ignores jury. Paul wasn’t the best player, he was the biggest bully. But best player in BB is quite subjective. Is it comps? Being the group leader? Being popular?

I think Tyler’s doing a good job of staying friends without betraying people too bad, unlike Paul. I feel like he’s gonna have plausible deniability depending on whether Angela goes to jury angry. I feel like she’d sell him out in an instant and poison the jury for him.

He seems to be the only one who has had a good social game with the other side of the house. As several HGs have mentioned KC and Angela haven’t done a very good job of socializing with Fess, Scottie, Haleigh and Sam.

If you influence other houseguests to evict your “friends” but eventually get caught and the jury hates you, like Paul and like what could potentially happen to Tyler, then you’re not the best player. To be the best you get what you want without getting caught.

Or just own it like Brett. I still think Paul wins if he doesn’t deny being an ####### so hard. And it was weird because he believed it so bad. People always use the finale to give speeches about how they ran the house and won comps but never just admit and apologize for stabbing their friends in the back. Just own that #### and people may forgive you.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #229
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
To me it seems the priority of the jury has changed recently to choosing the player they feel betrayed them the least over the straight up best player. Tyler has manipulated the entire house and that could come back to haunt him despite he's been by far the best player who has masterminded nearly every eviction to date.
I think the bitter jury issue has been there for a while, its just lately, and by lately I really mean Paul, has been unable to deal with it. I know for me last season his messages were all flowery about being ride-or-die with everyone rang hollow once I learned he was doing it to everyone. I think the bitterness comes from them trying to continue the deceit instead of just owning their game.

Tyler's goodbye to Bayleigh for example was a straight up, I wanted you gone cause you were a threat and it happened. She really seemed surprised and respected that (once we get some Jury House footage that might be different). No fake flowers to butter her up and not being rude. I think the jury will respect the game, but won't respect a jerk and won't respect fake compliments, a balance that Paul just couldn't get.

I think Tyler has a lot less to worry about jury wise, at least until Brett and Angela find out they were played into leaving terrible messages to jury members.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #230
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

They didn't even show the veto ceremony tonight! Aaaaargh! Is Fessy really stupid enough to put up Haleigh??
Old 08-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #231
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Watching Scottie and Sam go after Fessy to nom Haleigh was cringy. Now I hope they both get evicted. So dumb. Angela is the obvious replacement. They need to be campaigning to JC and Fess to find a new target.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #232
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Watching Scottie and Sam go after Fessy to nom Haleigh was cringy. Now I hope they both get evicted. So dumb. Angela is the obvious replacement. They need to be campaigning to JC and Fess to find a new target.
I feel like Kaycee might be the replacement because Fessy said he wants the strong competitors in his mind, him Tyler Angela Haleigh, to work together
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:31 AM   #233
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Fessy tells Hayleigh about Scottie and Sam throwing her under the bus I could see Hayleigh wanting Sam out immediately. She has been under the impression that Angela and Kaycee want her out but once she finds out Sam wants her out and has been campaigning about it I could see her pushing Fessy to put up Sam.

I knew Sam was crazy but I'm not sure why Scottie would go along with throwing Hayleigh under the bus as she's the only person in the house looking out for him.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:43 AM   #234
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I knew Sam was crazy but I'm not sure why Scottie would go along with throwing Hayleigh under the bus as she's the only person in the house looking out for him.
He explained it. He knows that once Brett takes himself off the block, it doesn't matter who goes up against him. He doesn't have the votes to stay. Except if Haleigh goes up beside him.

Unless, he can get Fessy to put up the one person in the house he can beat, he's a gonner so might as well swing for the fences.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #235
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I think the term best player gets used a lot but ignores jury. Paul wasn’t the best player, he was the biggest bully. But best player in BB is quite subjective. Is it comps? Being the group leader? Being popular?

I despised Paul on both seasons he was on, but last year, he was far and away the best player. What he got people to do for him or believe in was ridiculous. Question or criticize his tactics all you want(bullying was definitely something he employed), but I don't think you can call someone else last season a better player because everyone just did what Paul wanted. He ran the house.

Paul's jury management is what lost him the game. Josh didn't win it, Paul lost it.

Ugh, still can't believe Josh won. Last season SUCKED!!
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #236
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Angela is just as dumb as fessy, she just happened to choose the right team at the start.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #237
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Angela is just as dumb as fessy, she just happened to choose the right team at the start.
Angela isn’t the brightest bulb but fessy is probably the worst strategist this season by far
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:33 PM   #238
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

This veto competition is awful. What’s with the lame special effects and production on a few of the comps this year? It’s not even campy fun like some of the comps can be, it’s just plain bad tv and not entertaining to watch.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:36 PM   #239
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

And it felt like it went on forever. Not sure how boring the livefeed is, might not be a lot of content when everything was so predictable with the Angela HoH win but just seemed for an 8-person house that the amount of screentime given to the Veto competition was way too long.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:50 PM   #240
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

It’s also sad to watch Fessy. He’s so oblivious. Part of me hopes Haleigh hooks up with Brett the minute Fess leaves and we get to watch him find out from the jury house.

As for Battle Back, I don’t see anyone sticking around unless they also win HOH. But even if they do go after L6, they’ll need to actually play the game and get Sam and JC on board for an alliance. Then they might have the numbers to match the other side of the house. I just don’t see JC or Sam making a logical choice unless Scottie wins and works hard on his gameplay.