Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #561
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
There's a preview tonight on Showcase of Star Wars: Resistance if anyone is interested!

I think it was a mistake to have another cartoon series so soon after Rebels. When you have a series that ends that strongly and it did, then there are going to be comparisons.

While the animation itself was better then expected. the storyline was relatively unexciting, the characters were generic, and the main hero was Ezra Bridger season one without good dialogue.

I know we have to give it time to get better, the starting point just didn't grab me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #562
Jagermeister
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
they need to make a new trilogy totally separate of this age and base it entirely on the knights of the old republic video games.
Exactly this. So much potential.
Jagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:03 PM   #563
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure we have a general Star Wars thread so I'll leave this here. This is a documentary that apparently has just surfaced on Youtube from 1980 about the making of Empire Strikes Back. I'm sure some of you supernerds have seen this, but I found it pretty interesting.

Interesting to hear Lawrence Kasden emphatically discuss that they are making Fantasy, not Sci-Fi.

Crazy amount of effort went into the practical effects, and watching the special effects is like seeing someone build an iPhone with a hammer and chisel. Amazing what they could do at the time.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: