Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #661
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It really sucks how much things are becoming like American politics up here, we're five months out from the election and I'm already sick of the ads. And it's only one way traffic right now so once the NDP and I guess whatever this new Wilder-rose party start getting into it....goddamn it.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #662
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's true, for the last two years I've seen so many ####ing bumper stickers about how evil the NDP and Trudeau are.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #663
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
It's true, for the last two years I've seen so many ####ing bumper stickers about how evil the NDP and Trudeau are.
The fear monger from the NDP has been ridiculous this past year. They keep filing complaints with ethics comish and keep losing
Old 11-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #664
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean bumper stickers are a big whatever for me, it's the ads that are so much harder to avoid and now starting six months out is just awful.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:42 PM   #665
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean bumper stickers are a big whatever for me, it's the ads that are so much harder to avoid and now starting six months out is just awful.
I haven't seen or noticed a single ad...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #666
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watch more football I guess. Or don't actually so you can avoid it.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:00 AM   #667
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't get over the fact that the NDP appointed Tzeporah Berman as co-chair of the Oil Sands Advisory Group.

I appreciate that Notley and the NDP are taking a different stance now than they were two years ago, but talking to other people in the industry, they can't get over the idea that these aren't really stances that the NDP truly supports and instead are just trying to quash the current outrage.

Last edited by Ashasx; 11-14-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:02 AM   #668
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
I haven't seen or noticed a single ad...

This one makes me laugh. Her close ally.

I swear there was one comparing Kenney to nesting dolls.but not sure If im just not misremembering.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #669
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I can't believe people are willing to put bumper stickers on their car in general.
why do that to your car?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #670
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I can't believe people are willing to put bumper stickers on their car in general.
why do that to your car?
How else can we know their beliefs so that we can be prejudiced against them?

Its like wearing your heart on your sleeve. We can now know which politicians they hate, which sunglasses they love, their favourite sports team, their preferred brand of bottom-shelf booze and what kind of music they like assuming that its not the Insane Clown Posse, what firearms they're likely carrying and who their co-pilot is, be it Jesus or Xenu.

Bumper stickers can tell you a lot about a person. It really helps make that decision about whether to let them in front of you or to hold your place on the road and see if they over the side of the bridge.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #671
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting column about the US effort to screw over the oilsands and the work of Vivian Krause
https://edmontonjournal.com/business...-the-oil-sands

In a post on his CorpEthics.org website, Michael Marx trumpeted the success of the 10-year campaign to throttle Alberta oilsands production, saying: “From the very beginning, the campaign strategy was to land-lock the tar sands so their crude could not reach the international market where it could fetch a high price per barrel. This meant national and grassroots organizing to block all proposed pipelines.”

Who is Marx? He’s the executive director of Corporate Ethics and the man who in 2008 co-ordinated two major American charitable foundations, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund and The Tides Foundation, in their anti-oilsands fight. The campaign has since supplied tens of millions in U.S. dollars to groups such as Greenpeace Canada, Idle No More, Leadnow, Living Oceans Society, the Pembina Institute, the Sierra Club, the World Wildlife Fund Canada and various First Nations to battle against the oil sands.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #672
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

My son is an honor student at Felcher Elementary school

Note to self, blow up Felcher Elementary school.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #673
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Interesting column about the US effort to screw over the oilsands and the work of Vivian Krause
https://edmontonjournal.com/business...-the-oil-sands

In a post on his CorpEthics.org website, Michael Marx trumpeted the success of the 10-year campaign to throttle Alberta oilsands production, saying: “From the very beginning, the campaign strategy was to land-lock the tar sands so their crude could not reach the international market where it could fetch a high price per barrel. This meant national and grassroots organizing to block all proposed pipelines.”

Who is Marx? He’s the executive director of Corporate Ethics and the man who in 2008 co-ordinated two major American charitable foundations, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund and The Tides Foundation, in their anti-oilsands fight. The campaign has since supplied tens of millions in U.S. dollars to groups such as Greenpeace Canada, Idle No More, Leadnow, Living Oceans Society, the Pembina Institute, the Sierra Club, the World Wildlife Fund Canada and various First Nations to battle against the oil sands.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is Economic Terrorism and must be responded to the same way you would against a terrorist organization.

They've cost us tens of billions of dollars already, and nobody is doing #### to stop it. Shame.
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Envitro For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #674
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It's come to a point where I would almost be ok with building our own refinery. I'd put my tax dollars towards building it because the amount of money we are losing and have already sacrificed would probably make it a viable project.

Plus, I'd love to see the look on the feds face when they realize that we don't need Transmountain any more and they just blew 5.5 billion on it for nothing.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #675
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
It's come to a point where I would almost be ok with building our own refinery. I'd put my tax dollars towards building it because the amount of money we are losing and have already sacrificed would probably make it a viable project.

Plus, I'd love to see the look on the feds face when they realize that we don't need Transmountain any more and they just blew 5.5 billion on it for nothing.
I may not be reading this right, but explain to me how building a refinery supplants the ability to sell product to international markets?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #676
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post

Yah, building a refinery here wouldn't change anything.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #677
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I can't get over the fact that the NDP appointed Tzeporah Berman as co-chair of the Oil Sands Advisory Group.

I appreciate that Notley and the NDP are taking a different stance now than they were two years ago, but talking to other people in the industry, they can't get over the idea that these aren't really stances that the NDP truly supports and instead are just trying to quash the current outrage.
According to energy reporter Markham Hislop, Berman was appointed at the request of the CAPP.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #678
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_guy View Post
According to energy reporter Markham Hislop, Berman was appointed at the request of the CAPP.
Source please.

And no just stating a random person doesn’t count.

Edit: quick google of Hislop... lol

Last edited by Weitz; 11-16-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #679
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Source please.

And no just stating a random person doesn’t count.

Edit: quick google of Hislop... lol
Shannon Phillips has stated that as well.

https://twitter.com/UniteAlberta/sta...53496194330624
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #680
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_guy View Post
Shannon Phillips has stated that as well.

https://twitter.com/UniteAlberta/sta...53496194330624
I’m sure you can post the part where CAPP confines it as well. Because the tweets in the link show that no one called them to ask.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote