Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2018, 12:47 AM   #41
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Damn it really sucks It be a Yotes fan
Jordan! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:29 AM   #42
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
As of today coyotes got the best player in the deal. Wouldnt be surprised is adding 2 big wingers means hawks will be looking to move Saad at some point this year.

Strome is a big centre winning close to 58% of his face offs this year. Don’t be surprised if he centres Patrick Kane.

At 21 years of age, he has a ton of projection left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #43
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouw N Arrow View Post
I agree, Schmaltz is a decent player but the eye test says he was a product of playing with Kane/DeBrincat last year, he just doesn't seem to ever stick out to be the key player on any line he plays on.

I would have liked to see what Quenneville could have done for Strome but I still think he could be good player under some guidance, and I love Perlini's speed and hands for a big guy.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:42 AM   #44
WCW Nitro
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Arizona is the poorest managed team in the league. How can you be so bad for so long and not have a single 1st line player?
I think it's more a case of terrible luck at the draft, a couple of lottery balls go their way and they could have had McDavid, Eichel,or Matthews.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:29 AM   #45
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just kinda feels like Arizona was trying to deal away Strome. I don't like it for the Coyotes.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:56 AM   #46
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was told from a really good source that there was concern within the coyotes last season that Strome would never be an NHL caliber player.
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:57 AM   #47
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just move this team to Houston already.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #48
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouw N Arrow View Post
Shouldn’t turn your back on your original favorite team just because you moved to a new city.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #49
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Double post
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #50
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
The Domi trade was horrid for Arizona, players with similar skills but one of them was a softie perimeter player.
At that time of the deal a lot of folks felt that it favored the Yotes. And I think it is far too early to make a ruling on it. Domi is off to a great start, but I personally like Galch more overall as a player.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:27 AM   #51
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tkachuk bros > Strome bros
That is all.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #52
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_McCool View Post
Tkachuk bros > Strome bros
That is all.
Well yeah, one set are studs, the other are duds
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #53
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure Strome will learn a thing or two from that Toews dude.

this has the potential to be brutal for the Yotes. Schmaltz is a good player, but 21 goals aren't that huge of an accomplishment if you ride shotgun with Kane/Debrincat/Toews etc. and play 18+ min per game and 2:40 on the PP. Perlini scored 17 last season with a lot less ice time and worse teammates ...

Really like it for Chicago. Jokiharju, Boqvist, DeBrincat and now those two ... that's a decent young base for a bit of a re-tool. The Yotes on the other hand ... I don't know, it just feels they never go anywhere. Chayka also seems a bit impatient and too focused on advanced stats.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #54
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Arizona gets a confirmed NHLer for a question mark and a lesser player. It makes sense to sell high on Strome and get at least a garunteed 50 point player back. Strome was never gonna succeed there. It makes sense for Chicago since it is a huge gamble but if Strome can develop than thats exactly what they need to get back into the playoff mix. Pretty even trade for now.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #55
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

This trade reminds me of the Hamilton trade. Strome hasn’t produced a lot to this point and schmaltz has to appears that Arizona gets the best player. This is similar to Lindholm and how he was completely disregarded as a good return in Hamilton deal til now. I like schmaltz but he’s an rfa that got lots of ice with good players. My guess is he out prices himself this summer when he gets a 4+ mil deal and Chicago keeps perlini on a bridge deal for around 2 and strome still on his elc next year. Not enough stock gets put on contracts when trades are made

See domi for galchenyuk. I loved that trade for habs from day 1. Most people hated it yet so far looks like the habs raped Arizona in that deal and domi makes half as much and is a rfa on next contract
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #56
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boy, I remember balking at my leaf fan friends for missing out on that big potential #1C at the draft, when they didn't get strome and got marner instead........................

Is it just me, or are these NHL brother families getting more and more disappointing these days (reinharts, stromes). looks like tkatchuks may be the exception to this mind you..
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #57
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like it for the Yotes.

Strome has been a total dud so far and Perlini is a bottom sixer. I have no idea why Chicago did this.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #58
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it was more bad luck that the Coyotes fell back in the lottery to the point where they kind of had to pick Strome. He's just not a special player and this return shows that he's not nearly as highly regarded as he was at the draft. It's not like the Coyotes had all this forward depth keeping him down. The guy just hasn't been ver good.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #59
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
Arizona gets a confirmed NHLer for a question mark and a lesser player. It makes sense to sell high on Strome and get at least a guaranteed 50 point player back.
I'm not sure if he is guaranteed to get 50 points. He is far from it this year, and he only got it last year getting premium time with Kane and on the PP.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #60
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was kind of impressed with Perlini last night and was thinking that is exactly the type of player the Flames need to add: big, skilled and fast. He's being talked about as sort of the throw in in this deal, whereas Strome is the main piece.

Sounds like he has holes in his defensive game though and maybe the production isn't quite there yet, but he is still young. On a good team, he might blossom.