Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 12-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #161
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It looks like they need loads of fans. I wonder if you could setup a much cheaper passive arrangement in the Pincher Creek area, and other high wind regions. Let nature do the blowing. They may also be able to harness the hot air coming out of Ottawa.
One of the often misunderstood issues is transportation. You still have to move the energy from where its generated to where its needed, so windfarms in the middle of nowhere still pose energy collection, storage and transportation issues.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #162
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
One of the often misunderstood issues is transportation. You still have to move the energy from where its generated to where its needed, so windfarms in the middle of nowhere still pose energy collection, storage and transportation issues.
I was talking about those CO2 sequestering dealies as shown here:

http://carbonengineering.com/
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #163
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
WHOOSH!!

HAHAHA am I right? You missed the reference to wind stuff and it went right over your head and made a sound like wind going over your head!!

Hahaha

Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #164
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
“Climate change is the direct result of pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels, including from your products,” her signed letter read.

“You cannot make billions of dollars selling your product, knowing that it is causing significant financial harm to communities around the world, and not expect to pay for at least some of that harm.”

I wonder if there's any oil in the glue these people are sniffing, because that's a reduction I'd be happy about. I just cannot comprehend how these people think. I know it's a ridiculous notion, but man, I'd love to hear the tune they'd sing after a week of being cut off of all things oil. Forget about driving to the grocery store, because the shelves would be bare anyway.

The insane amount of energy spent protesting fossil fuels would be better spent inventing ways to harvest renewable energy, but that's not a cool and easy way to spend your day, so the losers that can't be bothered to think about what they're protesting won't do it. Not that they're smart enough, anyway.

This orchestrated and calculated attack on Alberta oil is so frustrating. Our own countrymen are buying that bull##### that is being fed to them by American interests. People that, ironically, would loathe to be associated with anything American, yet they're attacking their own national industry like puppets.

It's so f-ing unbelievable that it's cool to trash and attempt to destroy literally your/our economy. BC is part of CANADA. They benefit from Alberta oil as much as any other Canadian. What the F is their dysfunction? Quebec too. WTF? You'd rather import from fricken Saudi Arabia, than buy local, and reap the benefits? A country that stones women for not being exactly how men want them to be? Really?

And blocking pipelines that would pay for anything you want... Schools, Hospitals... Dildos... What the hell ever... But no, BC would rather shoot themselves in the face than support their neighbour, who pays the HOA fees for the whole community.

There just isn't even an analogy to properly conveys how f-ing stupid BC and Quebec are. They use more oil than Alberta, and yet treat the industry like it's the blight. Unreal. Simply unfathomably unreal.

The thing that really ticks me off though, is that the industry doesn't defend itself. The Alberta government is barely trying to defend the industry. There should be a campaign equal to the anti-Alberta campaign informing these morons about what they're protesting. Go ahead and protest fossil fuels, but demonizing Alberta in particular is absolutely ridiculous. You'd rather that Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela get your money, instead of your own country? What in the living F?

Why am I related to people that are so goddamned stupid? My own country is so full of stupid. It's embarrassing.
always love a good rant that supports my position but just want to point out that Quebec actually does not get any of its oil from Saudi Arabia. All Saudi oil goes to New Brunswick. Still though, point still stands as presumably after being refined in New Brunswick it makes its' way into products and services into Quebec.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #165
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they get a lot of their oil from Suncor now. Hardly any comes from overseas anymore. But it would be fun to cut them off once and a while.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote