Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #881
missdpuck
Franchise Player
 
missdpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a swamp, tied to a cypress tree
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Some generations stormed foreign beaches to defend freedom, others threw their groceries on the floor in protest of reasonable protective measures..
Floridians stormed their local beaches, and now some of the beaches are going to be closed again.

Imo they should close them now. Packs of people at the beach yesterday. No precautions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ge/3277800001/
__________________
http://arc4raptors.org

Last edited by missdpuck; 06-29-2020 at 06:03 PM.
missdpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #882
Derek Sutton
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Derek Sutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sunnyvale
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdpuck View Post
Floridians stormed their local beaches, and now some of the beaches are going to be closed again.

Imo they should close them now. Packs of people at the beach yesterday. No precautions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ge/3277800001/
The beach in the linked story is practically empty. Maybe not the best example if you’re advocating for beach closures to help slow the spread.
__________________
The only thing better then a glass of beer is tea with Ms McGill
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek Sutton For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #883
missdpuck
Franchise Player
 
missdpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a swamp, tied to a cypress tree
Exp:
Default Morons of the Pandemic

I can only go by my local beaches, which are in south and central Palm Beach county.

Sorry if I seemed a bit angry. We’re one of the counties with the big uptick, and the beaches have been packed here since Memorial Day, at least on the weekends.

But ya that picture is kind of off point to say the least.

Okay- I watched the video and that’s Juno Beach.
That’s a small town at the very northern edge of Palm Beach county.

That’s one of those places that people go because it’s rarely crowded, and is definitely not a good example for that article.


They should’ve hit Boynton Inlet on Sunday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
http://arc4raptors.org

Last edited by missdpuck; 06-29-2020 at 07:24 PM.
missdpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:30 PM   #884
chemgear
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

Spoiler(?) for the Last of Us Part 2 video game.


chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #885
djsFlames
Franchise Player
 
djsFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Where opinions are fact
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Some generations stormed foreign beaches to defend freedom, others threw their groceries on the floor in protest of reasonable protective measures..
The next one is going to be generation Karen the way its headed.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:12 PM   #886
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Others mock wearing a mask and vouching freedom over fear, weeks after the same infamous last words were said by someone killed by oppression and racial injustice.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7106772/g...-mask-protest/

Seriously this is Marie Antoinette level of ignorance.
Way OT, but there’s some interesting evidence that Marie Antoinette was legitimately a victim of a subversive ‘smear campaign’, and her ambivalence towards her people was not anywhere near fact.
__________________
Quote:
Accused of assaulting a fish! Funniest thing I have ever heard.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #887
Dion
Not a casual user
 
Dion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: A simple man leading a complicated life....
Exp:
Default

__________________
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:03 AM   #888
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Dion'ed again.
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - Almost as bad as Winnipeg.
Calgary Roads Dept - Ya, we'll get to that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 03:47 PM   #889
Old Yeller
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default




I'll just take the virus thanks.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #890
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sylvan Lake
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Others mock wearing a mask and vouching freedom over fear, weeks after the same infamous last words were said by someone killed by oppression and racial injustice.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7106772/g...-mask-protest/

Seriously this is Marie Antoinette level of ignorance.
"Feel The Freedom"
__________________
Captain James P. DeCOSTE, CD, 18 Sep 1993

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #891
wwkayaker
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Exp:
Default

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/al...rnd/index.html

The new tide pod challenge has begun.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #892
nik-
Franchise Player
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/al...rnd/index.html

The new tide pod challenge has begun.
I bet PIMking was at this party. And then started a GoFundMe to help with his medical bills.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Johnny eats garbage and isn’t 100% committed.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #893
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar
 
Flashpoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Exp:
Default

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/02/...-covid-19.html

Quote:
Cain was at President Donald Trump's rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, last month, and was photographed sitting in close proximity with other attendees, none of whom appeared to be wearing masks.
Quote:
On Wednesday – two days after Cain was said to have tested positive – he tweeted his apparent support for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's decision not to require mask-wearing or social distancing during Trump's upcoming visit to Mount Rushmore.

"Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump," Cain tweeted. "PEOPLE ARE FED UP!"
__________________
""You miss 100% of the shots you don't drink."
-Wayne Gretzky
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #894
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

I hope every doctor, nurse, orderly remind him why he’s in the hospital every time they see him.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #895
monkeyman
First Line Centre
 
monkeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I was at Home Depot yesterday, wearing a mask, trying to keep my distance. there were these two guys that kept walking around me, not wearing masks, not respecting distance. Stupid, selfish, dick wads. Some people deserve to catch this thing, unfortunately for me, that mask is to protect others from me and their stupidity is putting others in danger more than themselves.
Honestly, how ####ing stupid and selfish are people?
Hey, if you're on CP, go #### yourself.
__________________
The Delhi police have announced the formation of a crack team dedicated to nabbing the elusive 'Monkey Man' and offered a reward for his -- or its -- capture.
monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #896
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
I was at Home Depot yesterday, wearing a mask, trying to keep my distance. there were these two guys that kept walking around me, not wearing masks, not respecting distance. Stupid, selfish, dick wads. Some people deserve to catch this thing, unfortunately for me, that mask is to protect others from me and their stupidity is putting others in danger more than themselves.
Honestly, how ####ing stupid and selfish are people?
Hey, if you're on CP, go #### yourself.
I would have just coughed a couple of times.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 07-02-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:17 PM   #897
squiggs96
Franchise Player
 
squiggs96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Section 203
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I bet PIMking was at this party. And then started a GoFundMe to help with his medical bills.
Two days ago he was saying how he couldn't afford a house in Raleigh. He's laying the groundwork for his next campaign and has gone back to his steroid forum name of Krampus1313 https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment...m_medium=web2x

He had the following post in the conservative sub, but deleted it when I asked him about the Merry Christmas thread here.

__________________
My thanks equals mod team endorsement of your post.

Do not ever use my own words against me.
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #898
corporatejay
Franchise Player
 
corporatejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Two days ago he was saying how he couldn't afford a house in Raleigh. He's laying the groundwork for his next campaign and has gone back to his steroid forum name of Krampus1313 https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment...m_medium=web2x

He had the following post in the conservative sub, but deleted it when I asked him about the Merry Christmas thread here.

Glad you and the dink are back on the case.
__________________
corporatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corporatejay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:51 PM   #899
chemgear
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

https://twitter.com/user/status/1278772837386510336
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:35 PM   #900
nik-
Franchise Player
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Two days ago he was saying how he couldn't afford a house in Raleigh. He's laying the groundwork for his next campaign and has gone back to his steroid forum name of Krampus1313 https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment...m_medium=web2x

He had the following post in the conservative sub, but deleted it when I asked him about the Merry Christmas thread here.

Clearly there's something wrong with that guy's bootstraps.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Johnny eats garbage and isn’t 100% committed.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016