Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2021, 01:50 AM   #121
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player
 
SuperMatt18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
No kidding, you shouldn't have four games in hand on a team in the 2nd week of the season

Christ when does Dallas pass us?
Part of it is weirdness with only having 7 teams in the division and the teams playing “series” to reduce travel and contact between teams.

Montreal and Vancouver played a three game set over the 5 days.

Toronto and Edmonton played a two game set over the 5 days.

Ottawa and Winnipeg played a 3 game set over the 5 days.

Means the Flames are the odd team out when it comes to having a dance partner for this week.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2021, 07:14 AM   #122
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Part of it is weirdness with only having 7 teams in the division and the teams playing “series” to reduce travel and contact between teams.

Montreal and Vancouver played a three game set over the 5 days.


Toronto and Edmonton played a two game set over the 5 days.

Ottawa and Winnipeg played a 3 game set over the 5 days.


Means the Flames are the odd team out when it comes to having a dance partner for this week.
Technically, the Sens-Jets and Habs-Canucks haven't played their 3 game series yet. The 3rd game is on Saturday.
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #123
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Final scores
https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/sco...p?day=20210121
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-R...ate=01-21-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post

PHILADELPHIA 4 at BOSTON 5: in the shootout

NEW JERSEY 1
at NY ISLANDERS 4:

TAMPA BAY 3 at COLUMBUS 2: in overtime

WINNIPEG 4 at OTTAWA 1:

MONTREAL 7
at VANCOUVER 3:

COLORADO 2 at LOS ANGELES 3:in reg time

The Islanders are playing an excellent defensive system as Varlamov has only allowed one goal in his three games. The Devils had to start Scott Wedgewood in net because Blackwood is on the Corona Virus list. It was Wedgewood's first NHL start in almost 3 years. Eberle had 2 goals and Barzal had 3 points.

The Lightning win in OT, Point scored the GWG.

The Jets PP was non existent even though they beat the Senators, it was 0/7. The Sens PP was 0/3.

LOL at the Canucks. The Habs score 2 SHGs and finally get a PPG and were 1/9 on the PP.
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #124
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
This is just stupid. There is an all Canadian matchup on TV but I am only allowed to watch the Kings/Avalanche. Who wants to watch that??

I think the NHL could have really benefited by bringing back new and old fans while people are at home. They could have really milked this All-Canadian division but they blew it. Very short term thinking.
I totally agree with you. There is a maximum of national games each team can have and for the Habs it's 22 games and for the Canucks it's 27 games. Sportsnet should have scheduled less Sunday and other weeknight national games in order to get more Wed. and Sat. games on. The other weird thing had NBCSN showing the Habs-Canucks game as part of their national doubleheader which made for 2 straight nights showing canadian teams. Wake the bleep up SN!
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #125
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

^^I have you say, I am completely disinterested in the US divisions in the NHL this year. It might as well be another league.

Reminds me a bit of when the Expos were in the National league(early 70s) and no one followed the American League in Montreal.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #126
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsawwassen View Post
I totally agree with you. There is a maximum of national games each team can have and for the Habs it's 22 games and for the Canucks it's 27 games. Sportsnet should have scheduled less Sunday and other weeknight national games in order to get more Wed. and Sat. games on. The other weird thing had NBCSN showing the Habs-Canucks game as part of their national doubleheader which made for 2 straight nights showing canadian teams. Wake the bleep up SN!
What is this about? Why is there a maximum? And why is it different for different teams?
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:33 AM   #127
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
What is this about? Why is there a maximum? And why is it different for different teams?
The Habs, Jets, and Senators have a majority of games shown regionally on TSN. The Canucks, Flames, Leafs, and Oilers have the majority of games on Sportsnet which also has the national contract. The regional and national amounts are negotiated. The Jets normally have 60 regional games, 55 for the Senators, and 50 for the Habs. The totals are different this year because it's a 56 game season so it's about 2/3.
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsawwassen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2021, 10:17 AM   #128
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Exp:
Default

In a game decided in regulation, Doughty's TOI is 30:31.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #129
Rick M.
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Does the M. in Caleb M. stand for Metal Foil Hat?
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #130
Rick M.
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
^^I have you say, I am completely disinterested in the US divisions in the NHL this year. It might as well be another league.

Reminds me a bit of when the Expos were in the National league(early 70s) and no one followed the American League in Montreal.
There’s a lot of baad hockey being played. The lack of a pre-season is obvious. I’ll get more interested in the American divisions when more teams find their games.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #131
Fighting Banana Slug
First Line Centre
 
Fighting Banana Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
Does the M. in Caleb M. stand for Metal Foil Hat?
Mangling English would be my guess.
__________________
From HFBoard oiler fan, in analyzing MacT's management:
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021