Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #21
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Temper the expectations. It’s his job to lose. If he doesn’t play well Mangiapane will take the top RW spot at ease.
Yeah there's a fine line between being extremely optimistic and having unrealistic/unfair expectations.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #22
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyloob12 View Post
I didn’t click. Is this another “best shape of my life” training camp cliche?
Nah, he’s put the work in, excited to get going and will give 110% out there with a great group of guys. There’s nothing cliché about it!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 10:05 AM   #23
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT77 View Post
The fact that you’re still hanging on to that little bit of hope and continuously bringing up the “40 goal pace” to attempt to back up and support your love affair with Toffoli is still the most hilarious thing I’ve seen on here.
Lol I know hilarious right. Toffoli is a bum. He only averages 25 goals a season over his career, thinking he might get 5-7 more goals over 82 games playing with better players in a elevated role is such a dumb suggestion.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 12:28 PM   #24
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The fact that you’re still hanging on to that little bit of hope and continuously bringing up the “40 goal pace” to attempt to back up and support your love affair with Toffoli is still the most hilarious thing I’ve seen on here.
lol at your post history

Your last posts before this: Taffoli sucks and Gaudreau isn't coming back

then not a single post through the trade of the century and the top free agent center signing in Calgary

Pops back up to criticize me saying its not outlandish to think he might have a career year considering he would have 1 season ago with a full schedule

get a life dude, you aren't even a flames fan go troll elsewhere
Old 09-24-2022, 01:07 PM   #25
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
I'd wager 30-30=60 easily if he's on the top line.
I’ll take that bet.

30-30=0 regardless of which line he plays on
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 01:28 PM   #26
AT77
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
lol at your post history

Your last posts before this: Taffoli sucks and Gaudreau isn't coming back

then not a single post through the trade of the century and the top free agent center signing in Calgary

Pops back up to criticize me saying its not outlandish to think he might have a career year considering he would have 1 season ago with a full schedule

get a life dude, you aren't even a flames fan go troll elsewhere
Not a single post….because I was banned for continuously saying Toffoli sucks lmao. Must have hurt someone’s feelings. Maybe you complained to the mods or something because I hurt your feelings for saying your lover boy sucks.

I’m definitely a Flames fan, but I’m also a realist. Toffoli actually, like actually, sucks.
AT77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 01:49 PM   #27
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sure hope he'll have a great year. I was so high on him getting in the Flames uniform after that trade last season but was totally disappointed with his plays down the stretch and into the playoffs.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 01:59 PM   #28
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not a single post….because I was banned for continuously saying Toffoli sucks lmao. Must have hurt someone’s feelings. Maybe you complained to the mods or something because I hurt your feelings for saying your lover boy sucks.

I’m definitely a Flames fan, but I’m also a realist. Toffoli actually, like actually, sucks.
Seemed like the world was a better place with you banned. Really makes me appreciate what the mods do around here.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #29
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

So you get banned for posting constantly about Toffoli and the first thing you do once your ban is over...is to go back to posting about Toffoli.

It's just weird when someone gets so obsessed about a single player. Had the same thing a few years ago with a dude that only ever posted about James Neal.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #30
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
So you get banned for posting constantly about Toffoli and the first thing you do once your ban is over...is to go back to posting about Toffoli.

It's just weird when someone gets so obsessed about a single player. Had the same thing a few years ago with a dude that only ever posted about James Neal.
And then there was that other guy who was obsessed with whining about Sean Monahan. The pathological need to complain about an individual player is just weird.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:34 PM   #31
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Saying any NHL player ‘sucks’ is ridiculous. As a self proclaimed realist, how does being in the top .01% of your field, earning millions of dollars equate to sucking?

Complain about facets of their game you don’t like etc. but you come off like an idiot saying Toffoli sucks!
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 02:36 PM   #32
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ll take 30 goals, that would be a homerun. And playing more than 70 games as injuries have bothered him lately. 40 goal pace is kind of a silly projection IMO, kind of like the Geoff Ward winning percentage argument that was trotted out for a while.

Pretty clear this team is designed to be much less of a one line team so no need for Toffoli to replace Tkachuk’s production.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:42 PM   #33
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I’ll take 30 goals, that would be a homerun. And playing more than 70 games as injuries have bothered him lately.
The only season where he's missed significant time was 2016-2017, which was about twenty games. Any time lost the last couple of years was universal due to covid. 82 games in three of the previous four seasons before that.

74 games last year and 52 of a max 56 the year before.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 02:44 PM   #34
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

20g/20a would be just fine
25g/25a would be a huge year for him and the Flames

Anything more than that would be just incredible
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 02:52 PM   #35
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Toffoli has a chance to be a much bigger impact on this team this year. He's got a golden chance and I think Darryl has him like the rest of the boys much more dialed in this off season.

I think 40 goals is a possibility. More realistically 35 but even then at his salaray it's a huge win for what we gave up to get him.

Re: the poster saying "he sucks"... if he sucks what do you look like out there? This guy has two cup rings. Hes a valuable top six guy. Go back to EA sports with that BS take.

Like have some nuanced criticism ie. His skating has always held him back. Or, his fitness waned last year.

These types of takes are so puerile and juvenile. I vote for ban. This type of derision does us all a disservice by lowering the base quality of discussion around here.

let's start a O/U of his performance...

I say Over 30 goals and over 30 apples.
Old 09-24-2022, 03:06 PM   #36
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tofolli should be able to hit 20/20 if he is stapled to the second line with Kadri.

If he clicks on the top line with the player who just put up the highest assists of a left winger ever, I don’t see how he won’t hit 30. Even if you unreasonably hate the guy for whatever reason, it’s just plain dumb to think anything less.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #37
bzoo02
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Toffoli ####ing sucks LMAO
You seem a bit obsessed. Did Toffoli steal your girlfriend??
bzoo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #38
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzoo02 View Post
You seem a bit obsessed. Did Toffoli steal your girlfriend??
I’m guessing no:

GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 09:52 AM   #39
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Toffoli is a consistent 20 goal scorer, playing mostly a middle 6 role.

In the last 8 years, he has missed 20 twice, and in one of those, he was on a 20 goal pace.

Over those 8 years, he is 41st in the league, among forwards, in goals, ahead of Kessel, Wheeler, Huberdeau and Kadri, to name a few. He is 49th (1 behind Monahan) in EVG. And that has largely been as a 2nd liner.

To suggest that he has a good chance to get 30, playing with Huberdeau and Lindholm, is not only reasonable, but probably a good bet. It is not crazy, or blind homerism, to suggest he could hit 40

Since his rookie season, Bennett has never had more than 13 goals. Last year he got 28, playing with Huberdeau. If a guy who averaged 12 goals per year can get 28 with Huberdeau, it isn't unreasonable to think that a guy that has averaged 22 over the last 8 years could get 30 or more.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 10:34 AM   #40
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not convinced he will stick on the 1st line or with Huberdeau. But he and at least one other winger should have a career year. Kadri was a 100 pt pace player last year. Backlund hits 40 in a good year, there's no comparison, whoever gets the 1st/2nd line RW spot and 2nd line LW spot is going to feast unless something goes very wrong.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote