Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-28-2022, 09:51 AM   #1
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon46 Vancouver is No Good 3

Brandon Sutter continues to suffer with long Covid, unable to do anything strenuous.

Quote:
“Basically, I’ve been left with a lot of different things,” said Sutter. “With my lungs and my breathing and any exertion, I just can’t do it. I stop and feel like I have to cough something out and just feel like I can’t get oxygen into my body.
Quote:
“I still can’t do any cardio. I tried working out again in March and April to kind of get going again. But I’d have a really bad day and it would just crush me — I just couldn’t do it — because of a lack of oxygen and just depleting myself. The lingering effect is an inability to breathe normally and properly.

“I was also having gastrointestinal issues, but I’m 100 per cent better than I was a year ago. But I still can’t train or work out. When I take it easier, I’m OK. When I do too much, it just crushes me.”
Sounds like he is taking Ivermectin...

Quote:
Microscopic clots can also restrict blood flow in the lungs and impair oxygen exchange, and the only supplement that Sutter continues to take is the controversial and polarizing Ivermectin that isn’t recommended by Health Canada to prevent or treat COVID. It’s used to de-worm farm animals and mainly cattle, but in the human form, it’s prescribed for parasites and worms.

“Canadian doctors are not allowed to prescribe it for COVID and I had to get it myself, but it helps remove the COVID spike protein,” added Sutter. “It works. And in the U.S., it’s everywhere and it’s helping a lot of people and there is zero risk.

“It either helps you or it doesn’t, but 100 per cent it won’t hurt you. I can’t speak for others, but it has helped me.”
Quote:
Dr. Brian Conway, president and medical director of the Vancouver Infectious Diseases Centre, responded to Sutter’s claims with caution and concern.

“This is a toxic medication that has absolutely no place in the treatment of COVID-19,” he said. “My biggest concern is this is an issue that was studied early in the pandemic and it physically doesn’t work against COVID. A disease like long-COVID can improve over time, but people will sometimes want things to get better and it’s the placebo effect of you really wanting it to work.

“We all want Brandon Sutter to get completely better, and waiting for things to get better on their own would be difficult. But Ivermectin has been studied and discredited.”
https://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...box=1658875526
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:03 AM   #2
RobotTalk
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Brandon Sutter continues to suffer with long Covid, unable to do anything strenuous.

Sounds like he is taking Ivermectin...

https://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...box=1658875526
It's funny people are still freaking out about others taking Ivermectin. If it's low risk and helps, who cares if others want to take it.
RobotTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobotTalk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good to see he's educated on the matter:

Quote:
“Canadian doctors are not allowed to prescribe it for COVID and I had to get it myself, but it helps remove the COVID spike protein,” added Sutter. “It works. And in the U.S., it’s everywhere and it’s helping a lot of people and there is zero risk.
Unless he's immunocompromised and has had a chronic infection, the spike protein has been out of his system for well over a year already.

That said, you've got to feel sorry for him. And he wouldn't be the first person with a long-term condition that has no real treatment who has descended into quackery out of desperation.
opendoor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 10:40 AM   #4
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just hope he gets better soon. A friend's friend is also suffering from long covid (2 years now) and still struggles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 10:45 AM   #5
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Long Covid is no good.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #6
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotTalk View Post
It's funny people are still freaking out about others taking Ivermectin. If it's low risk and helps, who cares if others want to take it.
I don't care what people do but I don't think any real medical expert says taking ivermectin is low risk. And hockey players giving medical advice is just asinine.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 11:20 AM   #7
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That isn't how medicine works. It is a prescribed medication with risks and side effects. Physicians prescribe medications based on well researched science. A layperson with no medical training or knowledge beyond buzzwords shouldn't be prescribing themselves medication.

Also it doesn't help.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:45 AM   #8
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
That isn't how medicine works. It is a prescribed medication with risks and side effects. Physicians prescribe medications based on well researched science. A layperson with no medical training or knowledge beyond buzzwords shouldn't be prescribing themselves medication.

Also it doesn't help.
Ivermectin for covid treatment was born by right-wing doctors and media, not only does it not work for covid the side effects can be very harmful.

good article on Ivermectin

another

side effects

One who takes this drug for covid is a complete idiot IMO
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #9
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

All he has to do is google "overuse of ivermectin" and he will find a lot of his symptoms could also be due to that. There are countless articles by real doctors to read and not one says humans should be taking it for covid. Damage from ivermectin overuse in animals is irreversible. I suspect this applies equally to humans. Hopefully, someone can convince him to stop before it is too late.
OldSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:45 PM   #10
RobotTalk
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post

Also it doesn't help.
Although I'm loathe to derail this any further, Ivermectin is very low risk and well tolerated in the majority of patients. You can see the reported percentages of side effects at this link (the overwhelming majority of which are not serious and disappear within a few days of a patient stopping taking the drug).

https://www.rxlist.com/stromectol-drug.htm#side_effects

You can also read this article from 2017 (pre-covid crazy) that calls Ivermectin a 'wonder drug' with a wide range of potential benefits, including the treatment of epilepsy and other neurological disorders.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

I'd also point out I'm not making any claim on its effectiveness on treating either acute or long-covid, just that its a low risk medication so, if someone suffering from long-covid finds it helps them, even if it's just via the placebo effect (which is real), all the power to them. We have very little understanding of what causes long covid, ergo, it logically follows that we don't have a good understanding of what treatments are or are not effective, so if something brings someone relief from a low risk treatment I'm all for it.

Its unfortunate that the treatment of covid has gotten caught up in the politicization of vaccination and the left/right divide.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, hopefully Sutter fully recovers; the Canucks suck; and thanks for 6 years of Chucky dim Jim.

Last edited by RobotTalk; 07-28-2022 at 12:54 PM.
RobotTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RobotTalk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 01:03 PM   #11
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I shared the article also because Brandon is part of the Sutter family and I'm sure our coach also is saddened that his nephew is suffering still to this date. I would venture to guess that Brandon isn't going to change his current direction, so I'm hoping his long covid symptoms disappear soon, and he stops taking whatever he is taking.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:14 PM   #12
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Although I'm loathe to derail this any further, Ivermectin is very low risk and well tolerated in the majority of patients. You can see the reported percentages of side effects at this link (the overwhelming majority of which are not serious and disappear within a few days of a patient stopping taking the drug).

https://www.rxlist.com/stromectol-drug.htm#side_effects

You can also read this article from 2017 (pre-covid crazy) that calls Ivermectin a 'wonder drug' with a wide range of potential benefits, including the treatment of epilepsy and other neurological disorders.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

I'd also point out I'm not making any claim on its effectiveness on treating either acute or long-covid, just that its a low risk medication so, if someone suffering from long-covid finds it helps them, even if it's just via the placebo effect (which is real), all the power to them. We have very little understanding of what causes long covid, ergo, it logically follows that we don't have a good understanding of what treatments are or are not effective, so if something brings someone relief from a low risk treatment I'm all for it.

Its unfortunate that the treatment of covid has gotten caught up in the politicization of vaccination and the left/right divide.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, hopefully Sutter fully recovers; the Canucks suck; and thanks for 6 years of Chucky dim Jim.
Invermictin is a single dose anti viral, the Covid numpties are taking it every day because, well I guess Darwin is punishing their stupidity, as such for them it is very dangerous and likely is causing a raft of what he thinks is his long covid symptoms, kind of like Lindros taking 10 or 20 tylanol for his headaches that were actually being caused by the 10 or 20 tylanol he was taking
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:27 PM   #13
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should take it for your asthma
Old 07-29-2022, 12:15 AM   #14
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Six years of Chucky plus at least one year of Huberdeau and Weegar (and hopefully more).
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowlord For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 12:18 AM   #15
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Kids: Just say NEIGH to Ivermectin.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 10:49 PM   #16
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 08:56 AM   #17
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe not re-use the Vancouver slogan there...
Old 09-12-2022, 09:02 AM   #18
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Weird to start a new thread with something sad as the first topic?
savardandjokinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #19
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where do the Canucks finish this year? They have a pretty solid set of forwards but their blueline appears to be a mess. They will need some significant bounce back from the likes of Myers or OEL if they want to compete.

A lot of rumors that Miller and Boeser would be traded but both were given extensions so now who do the Canucks move if they want to shake things up? Horvat is a pending UFA but also their captain. Garland’s name has been out there but he is not bringing back a high end Dman on his own in a trade.

I think the Canucks are like the Jets and stuck on the bubble with some nice forwards, a great goalie and thin D corps. As of today it feels like it is Vancouver, Vegas and LA battling for that third spot in the division.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:57 AM   #20
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine buying a home in a desert in this day and age.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote