Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #2041
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:43 PM   #2042
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I'm a dog guy. I love my Dachshund and Golden Doodle. But I just don't understand how these Pit Bull owners don't get that these things are frikking weapons. Correct that, I have gone to dog parks, and after meeting the owners of the vast majority of these dogs, I kinda do understand. That being said....

It might be the nicest sweetest dog 99.999% of the time, but the second it becomes unhinged, there's nothing you can do to stop them unless you have a firearm.

Just ban the breed already FFS.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssee-rcna51148
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 01:21 PM   #2043
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s even dumber to have 2. Pact mentality kicks in and you have zero chance of control.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #2044
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Since so many dogs in shelters have some pit bull in them the easiest solution is they should start putting down every pit and pit mix that comes in to a shelter. No wait, no rehoming, nuke it as soon as it comes through the door. You’ll drive down the dog population at the same time and provide a final solution to the pitbull problem.

The reasonable next step is make everyone with a dog that has any pit in it register their weapon and charge exorbitant home or renters insurance premiums for anyone who’s chosen to own one of these AR15 dogs. I think it may be a good idea to provide some sort of additional compensation to vets to encourage them to put down any pit or pit mix when they come in for a standard vet visit. Call it an accident and give the family a coupon to get a yorkie poo.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:21 PM   #2045
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw that story earlier on a different site, they didn't mention the breed but I knew it would be pit bulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Since so many dogs in shelters have some pit bull in them the easiest solution is they should start putting down every pit and pit mix that comes in to a shelter. No wait, no rehoming, nuke it as soon as it comes through the door. You’ll drive down the dog population at the same time and provide a final solution to the pitbull problem.

The reasonable next step is make everyone with a dog that has any pit in it register their weapon and charge exorbitant home or renters insurance premiums for anyone who’s chosen to own one of these AR15 dogs. I think it may be a good idea to provide some sort of additional compensation to vets to encourage them to put down any pit or pit mix when they come in for a standard vet visit. Call it an accident and give the family a coupon to get a yorkie poo.
This is a little extreme, mainly the last couple sentences.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #2046
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
I saw that story earlier on a different site, they didn't mention the breed but I knew it would be pit bulls.

Extreme? I hardly see how the targeted genocide of an entire breed is extreme. You must love watching the daily deluge of stories where pit bulls are tearing children limb from limb, eating their precious child faces, and being told they’re a good doggo then given a treat.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 03:00 PM   #2047
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, I clearly love that
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 03:01 PM   #2048
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

You don’t genocide dogs. You exterminate them. You can’t genocide animals, only people.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 03:05 PM   #2049
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, I clearly love that
Lord knows I do. Kids are the worst. A lack of a face builds character I say
Old 10-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #2050
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just sterilize them all and make it illegal to breed them.

The breed only exists because humans created it. I don't see anything morally wrong with ending that breed.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #2051
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
You don’t genocide dogs. You exterminate them. You can’t genocide animals, only people.
Sure you can. Blue Fin Tuna is nearly extinct because of how delicious they are

Just gotta figure out how to get the right kind of wine pairings for pit bulls
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #2052
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Woman Attacked by dog in front yard.

https://www.barrietoday.com/local-ne...t-yard-5926837
Old 10-08-2022, 06:17 PM   #2053
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Just sterilize them all and make it illegal to breed them.

The breed only exists because humans created it. I don't see anything morally wrong with ending that breed.
The dogs or the owners?
Old 10-08-2022, 09:54 PM   #2054
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.

Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.

Gibson wrote on Facebook Bennard suffered “uncountable amount of stitches and bite marks over her entire body, including her face.”

The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family

Last edited by chemgear; 10-08-2022 at 10:39 PM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:24 PM   #2055
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

and from the 5th estate documentary you have these effing idiots in Calgary flying in pitbulls from California kill shelters.

Ban this effing breed.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:06 AM   #2056
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:

You're missing some clear sarcasm, lol.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:00 AM   #2057
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yay, more Pitbull attacks. This time, dead kids. Pitbulls are half the problem, Pitbull owners the other half. It may be cold, considering what they went through, but the parents should be charged.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #2058
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Yay, more Pitbull attacks. This time, dead kids. Pitbulls are half the problem, Pitbull owners the other half. It may be cold, considering what they went through, but the parents should be charged.
Looks like the dogs were raised well with all precautions taken. The issue is it's just a dangerous breed. They have been bred to fight and kill. You can train them all you want, but there's always a chance their genetics take over. And yes dogs do inherit behavioral tendencies, dispositions, and moods.

For example, if you own a dachshund they may dig holes in your yard... Which is annoying. No matter how much you train them, they may do that. A pitbull, on the other hand, may just murder some people.

The other issue is that when pitbulls do snap, they are very difficult to stop.

Sterilizing pitbull type dogs is the solution. We no longer need dogs bred to fight for sport, as dog fighting is illegal.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2022, 11:45 AM   #2059
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine....

We have this fun robotic toy that can entertain your family, provide love and companionship, but it's got a catch. One in 10,000 tend to glitch out and attack and may kill one or more of your family members, or random strangers. Would you bring this robot home to your family?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #2060
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you have any brains at all you should realize that dogs act very very differently alone than in pairs or more, you should really never have more than one dog if you have kids almost regardless of breed, personally I would never have a pitbull, they are not only capable and bred to be able to kill a child easily but they are also dumber than a fence post as a breed, they were bred to be violent and stupid as a smart dog doesnt want to get torn to shreds in a pit by another dog
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog attack puppy barking