Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-23-2022, 06:16 PM   #241
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
What about Pre-soiled brands like the Oilers though?
Huggies sponsorship
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:43 PM   #242
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
Huggies sponsorship
They're bringing Stortini back?
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:14 AM   #243
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

So apparently it is up to the team if they sell Authentic jerseys to fans with advertisements.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1574445576065884160

https://twitter.com/user/status/1574446150848872450

https://twitter.com/user/status/1574446538150903811
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:30 AM   #244
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

That requires giving money to Fanatics, which is something I strongly discourage. Absolute garbage company, terrible customer service, and their monopoly has completely ruined sports merchandising.

Fanatics sucks. Ads on jerseys suck. Don't buy either.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 11:42 AM   #245
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fanatics does suck. Their merchandise quality couldn't be worse if it was manufactured by Tesla. I simply won't buy anything made by them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 11:56 AM   #246
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Yes, Fanatics is awful but the jersey you'll be buying from them is the Adidas one, sans ads. Get it numbered after locally.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:38 PM   #247
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
That requires giving money to Fanatics, which is something I strongly discourage. Absolute garbage company, terrible customer service, and their monopoly has completely ruined sports merchandising.

Fanatics sucks. Ads on jerseys suck. Don't buy either.

Is that why you cant get New Era hats anymore?
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:36 PM   #248
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Is that why you cant get New Era hats anymore?
Kind of. New Era no longer has contracts with the NHL, but rather with individual teams. The Flames, fortunately, have one but you can only buy it from their team store. You won’t find New Era NHL hats on Fanatics.

New Era still has contracts with other league, hence you can find NFL or MLB hats on Fanatics still.

Other NHL teams are the same. It’s really brutal, as the 59Fifty’s are by far the best hats on the market.

And these slime bags bought Lids too, so you can’t order New Era hats for in-store pickup anymore.

Just destroying sports merchandise. I like to collect hats, and to get New Era hats for some less popular teams (like Jacksonville in the NFL, for example) I have to go through eBay to avoid paying USD and insane shipping costs. You used to be able to just go to Lids website and order them for pickup. Not anymore.

Last edited by N-E-B; 09-26-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #249
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Kind of. New Era no longer has contracts with the NHL, but rather with individual teams. The Flames, fortunately, have one but you can only buy it from their team store. You won’t find New Era NHL hats on Fanatics.

New Era still has contracts with other league, hence you can find NFL or MLB hats on Fanatics still.

Other NHL teams are the same. It’s really brutal, as the 59Fifty’s are by far the best hats on the market.

And these slime bags bought Lids too, so you can’t order New Era hats for in-store pickup anymore.

Just destroying sports merchandise. I like to collect hats, and to get New Era hats for some less popular teams (like Jacksonville in the NFL, for example) I have to go through eBay to avoid paying USD and insane shipping costs. You used to be able to just go to Lids website and order them for pickup. Not anymore.

They're going to destroy the sports card market too!
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2022, 04:38 PM   #250
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
So apparently it is up to the team if they sell Authentic jerseys to fans with advertisements.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1574446538150903811
None of those jerseys are true "authentics", i.e. the same as what the players wear. They're just made to "look" like it, and I'm irrationally annoyed that they created an inferior product (aka the Fanatics "replica" jerseys) just so they could market the Adidas ones as "authentic" (and charge more as well). /rant
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:44 PM   #251
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
None of those jerseys are true "authentics", i.e. the same as what the players wear. They're just made to "look" like it, and I'm irrationally annoyed that they created an inferior product (aka the Fanatics "replica" jerseys) just so they could market the Adidas ones as "authentic" (and charge more as well). /rant
I disagree. The old authentic Reebok’s were $100 more than the “authentic” Adidas jerseys. While they’re not exactly what’s worn on the ice, they’re damn near identical and it’s extremely difficult to actually tell the difference in most cases.

I’ll gladly save the $100 and take the “authentic” jersey over the actual authentic jersey any day. The Adidas jerseys are really good quality, and definitely worth $50 more than the Reebok Premier’s with the cheap silkscreen shoulder patches.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2022, 07:34 AM   #252
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Overall, the quality of the jerseys available for fans to buy has gone down but the price has raised.

Wow. What a great deal for us. I am so excited that they care for the fans and make it easy to be a fan. /s

The amount of money I spend on the Flames/NHL has drastically dropped. The cost of tickets and the cost of merchandise has made it that only extremely rich people can afford to be fans. They don't care about the lower class, only the elite.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:09 AM   #253
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are the jerseys on NHL.com a better quality? I only ask because I’ve never ordered from them directly before.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:41 AM   #254
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Are the jerseys on NHL.com a better quality? I only ask because I’ve never ordered from them directly before.
I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that the numbers and name plates are junk. So, it’s okay to order blanks, but not numbered jerseys.

I haven’t done it personally, so someone please confirm.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #255
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that the numbers and name plates are junk. So, it’s okay to order blanks, but not numbered jerseys.

I haven’t done it personally, so someone please confirm.
Yeah the blank Adidas jerseys are fine and the same as you'd find elsewhere.

But the quality of sending the jersey to great plains through the Flames for official name and number cresting the Flames use is miles ahead of the stock name/numbering you'd get on other websites (nhl.com, sportchek, etc)
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2022, 10:01 AM   #256
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Overall, the quality of the jerseys available for fans to buy has gone down but the price has raised.
Really? I find the Adidas jerseys to be much higher quality and fit than the old Reebok authentic jerseys. The materials, the shoulders with the breathable holes, I like the look much more and the fit actually feels like I’m wearing something fitted rather than a baggy jersey.
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:36 PM   #257
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great plains is awesome. It’s all I use for lettering.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:50 PM   #258
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone in the know have any idea if the Flames are even having a jersey ad this year?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #259
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Montreal has RBC as a home jersey sponsor and CIBC as a away helmet sponsor? You figure there would be an exclusivity clause for one of those companies not to have a direct industry competitor also having wearable ads.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:55 AM   #260
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The RBK Authentic Pro version jerseys from a few years ago are the real deal. They were the 100% authentic on ice product that the players wore. Getting them crested at Great Plains in essence was the same jersey as our favorite players. They were made in sizes 46, 50, 52 etc, not M,L,XL etc. They were also made in Canada and used to retail for approx $300+ cresting.

The Adidas jerseys that are considered the pro version and almost everything else is low grade garbage, end of story. It's just not high quality products but your paying the same amount approx.

The
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote