Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2022, 05:58 PM   #81
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Does anyone know if both of the split squad games tomorrow are available on NHL Center Ice or Sportsnet Now Premium?
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:24 PM   #82
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Turns out my SN Now early bird promo email was sent to my spam folder. I decided to give in and pay for it despite their service not being ideal. After taxes, it comes to $200, but I wanted to avoid the temptation of pirated streams. I'm not very good at avoiding the malware that sometimes comes with that.
Geez, what a scam to charge Canadians $200 when it's $69.99 for ESPN+ over here. I guess they figure they can charge whatever they want.

Should be the same price for anybody who wants to watch.
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 07:40 AM   #83
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
Checked the NHL.TV page today and it has been updated to say that 2022-23 details will be available shortly.

Fingers crossed the price doesn't go up too much, especially with the conversion rates the way they are currently.
I almost expect to be halfway through the season looking at the same screen.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 11:33 AM   #84
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Nhl.tv

Been doing some searches to find out what is going on. You will no doubt be surprised that the NHL streaming offer in the UK is shrouded in uncharacteristic murkiness.

The NHL have sold UK streaming rights to a company called Viaplay. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...ming-offering/

What’s that you say? Who TF is Viaplay? That was my question too. Some answers can be found here: https://ukhockeyfan.wordpress.com/20...-uk-from-2022/

The above article references the obvious conundrum around Premier Sports in the UK who hold the broadcast rights and a new NHL streaming partner. PS in the UK has rights for exclusive presentation of 15 NHL games a week for a 48 hour period. This means the handful of Flames games broadcast on PS have been unavailable to UK streamers of NHL TV. Not much of a problem during the season. Big problem during the play-offs.

Viaplay out of Scandinavia have bought Premier Sports operating from Dublin. https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broad...172797.article

What this could mean is that purchase of streaming packages if they even become available before the season starts, could provide full coverage including games relayed by PS. However, if Viaplay do this, it could mean canabalising its own PS coverage.

So far we know nothing about the offering, the cost and the launch date. This despite the preseason starting. If you go to NHLTV, https://www.nhl.com/subscribe you see this screen:

If you go to Viaplay in the UK, https://viaplay.com/gb-en/ you get this:

Yet another wonderful piece of business by the NHL.

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 09-26-2022 at 04:28 AM.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 11:38 AM   #85
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's terrible for fans in Europe who want to catch NHL games. Willing to pay, but no way to do it...
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:36 PM   #86
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
That's terrible for fans in Europe who want to catch NHL games. Willing to pay, but no way to do it...
As always the NHL driving people to illelgal streams as they make it too difficult to get the genuine product, sigh.
UKflames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UKflames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 06:09 PM   #87
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have SNNOW+ or ‘premium’ as they now call it, but can’t access all the pre-season games this evening. I had no issues accessing NHL Live last season being a SNNOW+ subscriber.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:18 PM   #88
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is horrible. Just no operational fast forward or rewind. Not why I cut cable, lol. This is a joke
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 11:40 PM   #89
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
This is horrible. Just no operational fast forward or rewind. Not why I cut cable, lol. This is a joke
This is especially handy when you choose the restart option and then Halfway through the game the live feed finishes so it kicks you off the restart and you get to forward 30 seconds at a time through the replay feed until you catch up to where you were when it kicked you off.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:37 AM   #90
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

My biggest concern over the inclusion of NHL Live with SN Now is whether or not they'll carry the TSN regional games (Leafs, Sens, Habs) during the season. Pre season has always been hot or miss I found, whether it be NHL Live or NHL Centre Ice but I'm wondering if now that Rogers has complete control if they'll have access to, or just not choose to show, the TSN regionals. Also wondering if they'll have the same home/away feeds for the out of market games they do carry.

Edit - Just saw my own question answered as SN Now has listed the Habs vs. Devils tonight which is a TSN regional broadcast. A bunch of games added actually. Cool!

Last edited by Toonage; 09-26-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:34 PM   #91
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The next game is in Seattle, Tuesday at 7 p.m., on NHL Network.

I wonder if SN Now or NHL Center Ice will be showing it?
Old 09-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #92
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Turns out my SN Now early bird promo email was sent to my spam folder. I decided to give in and pay for it despite their service not being ideal. After taxes, it comes to $200, but I wanted to avoid the temptation of pirated streams. I'm not very good at avoiding the malware that sometimes comes with that.
You don’t actually need an email.

If you had NHL Live last year, sign into SN using your nhl live login. That’s all you need to get the discount.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:38 PM   #93
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sports Net now is a borderline scam.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 05:56 PM   #94
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

For those of us out of market in BC, would we be able to watch the next Flames preseason game in Seattle tomorrow night at 7 p.m. with Sportsnet Now Premium?

I don't see it showing up on the Shaw tv guide NHL Center Ice channels. (The Oiler game is there though. Not impressed.)

Last edited by Brick; 09-26-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:07 PM   #95
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been doing some research on SN Now+ and it sounds terrible.
MLB TV allows me to watch any baseball game at any time and can start from the beginning, no problem unless it's a Jays game which I don't watch. Which is basically how NHLTV was last year.
SN+ only allows live and delay if the game is still playing as you can rewind it to the start. But once the game ends, you can't restart it until the next day.
Additionally, if TSN holds the rights to the game, you may not be able to watch it depending on regional restrictions.
NHL center ice is still a possibility, but then you need to PVR whatever game you want to watch and then start it from the beginning. Which is kind of an archaic way to watch.

Can anyone confirm if I have this laid out correctly?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #96
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It looks like it (tonight's game against Seattle) might be on NHL Center Ice, Shaw channel 647, 7 p.m.

Also on SN Now, not sure if you need Premium or not.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:47 AM   #97
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Sports Net now is a borderline scam.
What do you mean?

What hard core “sports” fan isn’t dying to get access to watch professional wrestling?
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:01 PM   #98
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
It looks like it (tonight's game against Seattle) might be on NHL Center Ice, Shaw channel 647, 7 p.m.

Also on SN Now, not sure if you need Premium or not.
Just checked, and the game is listed on SportsNet Now. However, it also says it is locked, and I can't view it with my subscription, which is a bit odd since I have Premium.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #99
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I currently have access to SN NOW standard through the portal by using my BellTV subscription. To access Premium, I need to basically pay for the standard again rather than just the additional $50 that it should cost for the upgrade. I asked support to advise a discount code that will remedy this situation so I don't have to essentially pay for standard twice and they had nothing. Has anyone found a way around this?
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:54 PM   #100
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

I see it as upcoming (not locked) on Premium, but I'm in BC.