Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2023, 09:01 AM   #6821
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

You'd be hard pressed to meet a youth pastor that doesn't come off as a kid ####er.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:02 AM   #6822
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
When it ends up being true like most of the conspiracy theories have, make sure you still defend him.
LOL I assume we are still waiting of examples for this?
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 09:04 AM   #6823
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You don't even need to go to the US to find that nonsense.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1661479482262278146

In fact, you may be surprised to know that many of the new "UCP" believe in the same nonsense.
Anything not from Theo Fleury? I wouldn’t accept anything he says as reliable.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:16 AM   #6824
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry, are you looknig for a reasonable person with a brain that has also said they think grooming is going on? The people saying this are the crazy ones, so all the "info" comes from misinformation sources.

Uhm, here?
https://www.rebelnews.com/tags/stop_classroom_grooming

And here's a specific example:
Quote:
“I’m sorry to say but you could not pay me to sponsor anything to do with child grooming tranny’s [sic].

“Please keep these sick people away from the children of this community, you should be disgusted with yourselves.”

He added that he’s sure there would be “some woke organization mentally ill enough to help” the group with their event, but it “isn’t Valbella’s.”
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-canmore-pride
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:35 AM   #6825
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I hope that Theo realizes that every dumb tweet and conspiracy theory he posts online makes the likelihood of the HHOF and his # retired just that little bit more out of reach for him
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:39 AM   #6826
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post
I hope that Theo realizes that every dumb tweet and conspiracy theory he posts online makes the likelihood of the HHOF and his # retired just that little bit more out of reach for him
I hope we stop giving him an of the attention he is craving. I agree with what you are saying though.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:42 AM   #6827
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sorry, are you looknig for a reasonable person with a brain that has also said they think grooming is going on? The people saying this are the crazy ones, so all the "info" comes from misinformation sources.

Uhm, here?
https://www.rebelnews.com/tags/stop_classroom_grooming

And here's a specific example:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-canmore-pride
I guess that is a loaded question. I was just questioning Photons remark about accusations of leftist grooming in the US, that’s all. Wasn’t something I was aware of. But thanks for your response anyways.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:44 AM   #6828
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think he knows that ship has sailed.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 10:33 AM   #6829
RobotTalk
Farm Team Player

Exp:

The Liberals are running scared after loosing the vote calling for Johnston to resign.

Parliament to be prorogued next week (or shortly thereafter) so they can try and reset the narrative next fall.
RobotTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:57 AM   #6830
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I assume he's counting on it, it allows him to reman a "victim" of the woke lefty something something
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:36 AM   #6831
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Probably his NDA with the 15 year old girl at the academy that also forced his resignation mid semester and court proceedings which were staid after the agreement was signed and her family was paid out.
I mean, if there was court proceedings, there should be public record of same. Have we seen a Statement of Claim?

No person has ever went to the court house and searched the school or Trudeau?
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:38 AM   #6832
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
The funny part about the left being groomers rhetoric from the right is that some Churches are a breeding ground for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-sexual-abuse
It's all projection.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 11:59 AM   #6833
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Probably his NDA with the 15 year old girl at the academy that also forced his resignation mid semester and court proceedings which were staid after the agreement was signed and her family was paid out.
While I'm sure it'd never actually come to it, you do realize that people have been sued for defamation for posting things less explosive than this (see Brian Burke), right?
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:35 PM   #6834
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Show your work.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:25 PM   #6835
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Show your work.
I had honestly never heard this claim before reading it here.

So i started looking around.

This says it happened

https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/10...rey-departure/

This says it didn't.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/7734988b

Between the two, the second one gets all the weight from me.

Looks like another twitter/internet rumor gone out of control.

There is more than ample evidence to suggest Trudeau is both corrupt, incompatant and a complete hypocrite to ever need to make nasty stuff like this up.

Move along on this silly narrative.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:40 PM   #6836
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Zero.
I'm not so sure. He has already insinuated in the HoC that Trudeau only won because of Chinese interference, and he's doing a lot of groundwork on the daily to go into the next election with Canadians doubting the legitimacy of Liberal wins. That message is also helped out by O'Toole saying he thinks the Conservatives lost as many as 9 ridings last time because of interference.

Canada's not as far gone as the US was to have something like a Jan 6th event, but he is strategically calling into question the legitimacy of the last Liberal victory and planting seeds that Liberal candidates in ridings across the country will be benificaries of outside interference acting against Canada's interests while Conservatives will be victims of that interference. I don't think it's farfetched at all that if he loses in the next election he will lean into the fear he has been cultivating and go with the narrative that the conservatives were hurt by foreign interference and the government formed from the election is illegitimate or even some sort of puppet of foreign interests that isn't working for Canadians.

Hopefully he changes tack before the next election, but considering he's refusing to even view information about possible interference and corruption because it might affect his ability to stay on the political attack I think he sees leaning into that kind of stuff and increasing fear and doubt as his path forward. Maybe he moderates his message for a federal election, but I doubt he stops the dog whistles for believers of those ideas. Add on to it that he's playing up online conspiracy theories about pedophilia in the HoC to make implied accusations of statutory rape against Trudeau and I don't think he should be expected to act graciously should he lose.

It's a different context and a different approach, but it looks like we're seeing lessons learned from US politics being applied in Canada.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:25 PM   #6837
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

in a vote from parliament, the majority vote (all MP's for , all liberal MP's against) to recuse David Johnson as Special rapporteur. He has issued a statement however that hes not going to leave until told so by Trudeau. Sounds pretty dubious. Ethics be damned.
I would bet its pretty much 100% they get prorogued before this comes to pass.

Last edited by shotinthebacklund; 06-01-2023 at 02:28 PM.
shotinthebacklund is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shotinthebacklund For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 02:43 PM   #6838
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotinthebacklund View Post
in a vote from parliament, the majority vote (all MP's for , all liberal MP's against) to recuse David Johnson as Special rapporteur. He has issued a statement however that hes not going to leave until told so by Trudeau. Sounds pretty dubious. Ethics be damned.
What's dubious is the ability of a parliament to vote to make an appointed official "recuse". Recusal is voluntary. And there are obvious problems with independent appointments being at the whim of parliamentary votes.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:46 PM   #6839
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
What's dubious is the ability of a parliament to vote to make an appointed official "recuse". Recusal is voluntary. And there are obvious problems with independent appointments being at the whim of parliamentary votes.
What should have been done instead of a vote?
Old 06-01-2023, 02:47 PM   #6840
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotinthebacklund View Post
If Trudeau was to prorogue parliament I wonder if that would cause Singh to reconsider the supply and confidence agreement?
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote