Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-02-2020, 05:29 PM   #2201
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that I'm bothered about the lack of accountability in stories like this.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1290043752954781696

Quote:
Chief Duraiappah said, “This represents a tragic outcome for a young person who carried a bright future. I extend my sincerest condolences to the loved ones who have been left behind. In this incident, the sadness I feel for the victim and her family is mixed with frustration for a complete failure of our justice system to protect her. At the time of this incident, the accused was the subject of an interim judicial release stemming from a previous domestic violence incident between the accused and the victim. Since that charge, he had been arrested on four separate occasions for breaching terms of his release by being in contact with her. The family and police struggled to keep her safe.
In May 2020, the accused was arrested for possession of an illegal firearm for an unrelated matter. After only six days in custody, this accused who regularly ignored his conditions of release, and continued to offend by possessing illegal firearms was released back into the community with a GPS monitoring device. This was despite clear concerns regarding his risk to the victim, the community and the potential to continue to re-offend.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #2202
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some world-class parenting here:

Quote:
More than a decade after a grown man orchestrated the savage beating of a 14-year-old boy as revenge for a "high-school spat" with his son, a B.C. judge has awarded the victim nearly $500,000.

The attack and the criminal case that followed — in which the man was convicted of assault and sentenced to six months in jail — have never been reported.

But the details are spelled out in a B.C. Supreme Court judgment last week that followed years of legal wrangling.

According to Justice Paul Walker's decision, the then-45-year-old man — known by the initials MT — followed the victim, RS, off the grounds of his Delta high school one afternoon in April 2009.

MT was in a truck. One son was in the front seat and two adult males were in the back, holding metal batons.

In the days before, RS had punched MT's younger son in the face after the other boy claimed he had kissed RS's girlfriend and the two had traded insults.

Now, seeing the teen, MT brought his truck to a screeching halt.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ages-1.5698456

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #2203
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m guessing the assailant doesn’t have $450,000 since he is representing himself in court ... among other reasons
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:29 AM   #2204
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

This year has had no shortage of vile, disgusting behavior from people on social media. I genuinely wish social media did not exist, in any capacity. I think we would all be so much better off without it.

Quote:
It’s the latest viral trend in which parents show their children photos of disabled people, who they say is their child’s new teacher. The kids' reactions — typically frightened and embarrassed — is filmed, of course. And it’s all done for a laugh.
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/202...source=twitter
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #2205
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be ok with Alberta Health creating a list of people who would be banned from owning anywhere that serves food or drink.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...ter-inspection

Quote:
The inspector found a “substantial amount of mouse droppings” and mouse urine throughout the business, including in the kitchen, office, front counter area and storage area.
Quote:
There was also no liquid soap or even a dispenser in the staff washroom.
I recently worked at a place that shared a wall with a pizza place, and I had to call the authorities because the mice running through our business (food free) to get to their's was disturbing in frequency. It turns out that they had no vermin control at all for the premises.

Yum.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #2206
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This is horrifying, it sounds like Nazism with prisoner experimentation and planned eugenics

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ice-...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

Quote:
On Monday, a nurse at a private immigration detention center in Georgia came forward about a range of dangerous medical practices at a U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. According to her, the center has not only ignored COVID-19 protocols, but is actively performing mass hysterectomies on detained people.

Quote:
“I’ve had several inmates tell me that they’ve been to see the doctor and they’ve had hysterectomies and they don’t know why they went or why they’re going,” Wooten said in the report. She also noted how ICDC consistently uses one out-of-facility doctor, who is responsible for the hysterectomies in addition to accidentally removing the wrong ovary in one patient. “He’s the uterus collector.”

Old 09-14-2020, 07:13 PM   #2207
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
This is horrifying, it sounds like Nazism with prisoner experimentation and planned eugenics

This cant't be real.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #2208
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

hoping for not real debunking, I would feel ok with apologizing to all of you for posting, but I haven't seen any retractions yet.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:01 AM   #2209
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horrifying, and unfortunately it's true. I simple cannot believe how bad things have become in that country. It's absolutely barbaric.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #2210
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone kills a black bear, barely the minimum legal size, and brings it up into a Calgary highrise apartment for processing. Neighbors are upset, fish and wildlife say that they have the right permits to hunt, and the building didn't have 'large animal processing' in their bylaws.

I don't know what these people look like, but I kind of need a picture of these warlocks.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7335041/d...ary-apartment/
Old 09-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #2211
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Just making some bear sausage.

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #2212
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

or Canada a few decades ago in any facility for the handicapped or mentally ill unfortunately
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 06:23 PM   #2213
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
or Canada a few decades ago in any facility for the handicapped or mentally ill unfortunately
Fortunately, many things have changed in a few decades.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #2214
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
Fortunately, many things have changed in a few decades.
Agreed, thank the Lord, but if we dont remember then we run the risk of some shysty scumbag like Trump except dropping the occasional 'eh' taking us right back there.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #2215
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1306125349990871041
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:56 AM   #2216
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Someone kills a black bear, barely the minimum legal size, and brings it up into a Calgary highrise apartment for processing. Neighbors are upset, fish and wildlife say that they have the right permits to hunt, and the building didn't have 'large animal processing' in their bylaws.

I don't know what these people look like, but I kind of need a picture of these warlocks.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7335041/d...ary-apartment/
Outstanding. Simply outstanding.

I'm not a hunter and wont go in to all that, but I love that this was all legal and appropriate.

2020. What a time to be alive!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #2217
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Thats crazy, I can't believe the number is so high. Who would have thought 77% of people would believe it was real, I'm shocked.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #2218
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

111 pages? Wowza! The world must be a wonderful, fantastic place, in just about every way imaginable.

I don't know what's more unsettling... the fact that there are numerous major problems that threaten the future of our species, or the fact that many people believe that everything is hunky dory.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #2219
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
It is stories like that that make me wish there was a global plague that would simply wipe out all of humanity like the parasites we are. Sure there are good people, but there are enough bad ones, that this planet would be so much better of without the human race.

Humanity has done nothing but ruin everything on this precious planet, and we don't deserve to be here anymore.
This post aged well lol.

Not all of humanity...yet.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #2220
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post
111 pages? Wowza! The world must be a wonderful, fantastic place, in just about every way imaginable.

I don't know what's more unsettling... the fact that there are numerous major problems that threaten the future of our species, or the fact that many people believe that everything is hunky dory.
Go back to the UBI thread or read a book! For the majority of humans living conditions hav never been better.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote