Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #4241
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
If there's 800,000 police officers, it only takes what, 250 interactions each for that statement to be true. That's like 2 interactions a day per officer while on shift.

There would undoubtedly be hundreds of millions of police/civilian interactions per year. (Not hundreds of millions of police officers, but mere interactions).
I miss read what he typed. I thoufht he was saying their was hundreds of million of police. My bad . Will correct
Old 08-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #4242
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Body cam footage now leaked from George Floyd.
Disclaimer : Very disturbing and not safe for work.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #4243
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Jesus $@&% what is wrong with cops? I think I'm finally at my breaking point. I really don't want to believe it, but the truth won't stop slapping me in the face hard enough to avoid it.....

All. Cops. Are. Bad.

This is just too systematic to ignore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mily-gunpoint/

Watch the video, its heartbreaking.
Besides the fact that they seem like scum they should be fired for not knowing the difference between an SUV and motorcycle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:35 PM   #4244
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
No man. We have the ability to (thankfully) have these things documented and shared almost instantly. It’s really easy to look at all the stories that come in and feel the way you are.

But it’s important to remember that there are literally hundreds of millions of police/civilian interactions every year. Some of the worst ones are shared and brought to light, an unfortunate number are probably not. What you certainly don’t see is the vast majority of ‘positive’ interactions.
But when have we seen cops anywhere working to reform the situation??? In this country we had all sorts of protests and they were usually met with more disproportionate violence. Are there any law enforcement agencies that condemned the Portland incidents? Any fraternal orders of police coming out and acknowledging the problem and trying to push for changes? All I see is more and more people doubling down on the thin blue line.

I know the saying is played out, but I keep coming back to the whole 1 bad cop, but 10 good cops do nothing is actually 11 bad cops cliche.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #4245
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyfire89 View Post
I’m not seeing the video?
https://www.reddit.com/r/alberta/com...you_to_wear_a/

What an #######. I love that they're just laughing at him.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #4246
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Jesus $@&% what is wrong with cops? I think I'm finally at my breaking point. I really don't want to believe it, but the truth won't stop slapping me in the face hard enough to avoid it.....

All. Cops. Are. Bad.

This is just too systematic to ignore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mily-gunpoint/

Watch the video, its heartbreaking.
My heart broke listening to those poor kids screaming for their mom. Seriously, eff those cops. I'm so angry after watching that.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #4247
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/alberta/com...you_to_wear_a/

What an #######. I love that they're just laughing at him.
He stole a bottle, check the bulge on his back. I bet this guy just flipped on the insane racist switch so he could walk out without getting busted
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 08:07 PM   #4248
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
He stole a bottle, check the bulge on his back. I bet this guy just flipped on the insane racist switch so he could walk out without getting busted
yep. he might be a ###### but he aint stupid
Old 08-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #4249
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
According to a guy on reddit who spoke with the owner, he had walked in with whatever is in his pants already in his pants. And according to the owner who the guy was yelling at, he immediately started a confrontation as he was entering the store (not really any opportunity to pocket anything).

So, I doubt it. He is an ####### AND stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 01:17 AM   #4250
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

A pickup truck just drove through the crowd in Portland, with a motorcycle underneath it spraying sparks everywhere. Wow. Not sure if anyone was hurt.

Also, the cops used the "time to leave or tear gas may be used" line. Let's see what happens tonight.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:31 AM   #4251
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Body cam footage now leaked from George Floyd.
Disclaimer : Very disturbing and not safe for work.

This. This is the exact reason why we need to defund the police and put the resources in different areas. George Floyd could not have been having a more obvious panic attack. The officers, instead of knowing how to deal with it, escalated the situation with force and violence.

#### this. ACAB.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:34 AM   #4252
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watching the live steams - a small fight broke out & 3 shots were fired (from a car?), now cops are arriving. Night is getting tense, cops will have to break this up now.

Edit: things cooled down after the shots & I've stopped watching. Turns out the pickup drove slowly through the crowd & eventually stopped. They surrounded his truck & damaged it. A guy put his motorcycle in front of the truck & the driver took off, plowing the bike. No injuries apparently. Crazy.

Edit again: @ 2am, despite not much happening (turns out someone lit a fire near the courthouse) , it was declared a riot and tear gas & force was used on protesters & press (also instructed to leave).
Old 08-05-2020, 01:44 AM   #4253
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
My heart broke listening to those poor kids screaming for their mom. Seriously, eff those cops. I'm so angry after watching that.
I really wish I could still be shocked by this kind of police bull####. But every day it is something new, more of our human rights being #### on by power hungry pigs.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #4254
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
A pickup truck just drove through the crowd in Portland, with a motorcycle underneath it spraying sparks everywhere. Wow. Not sure if anyone was hurt.

Also, the cops used the "time to leave or tear gas may be used" line. Let's see what happens tonight.
They slashed his tires and threw a motor bike in front of his car. He was on his way home from work and then they followed him home. He had a pistol so they didn't attack him. I sure wouldn't be stopping for mobs who have been known to attack drivers and cause violence.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #4255
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
They slashed his tires and threw a motor bike in front of his car. He was on his way home from work and then they followed him home. He had a pistol so they didn't attack him. I sure wouldn't be stopping for mobs who have been known to attack drivers and cause violence.
Did you watch the video? He drove right into the protest, a motorcyclist came up to stop him and he hit the motorcycle, and nobody follows him more than a block. What are you even talking about? Slashed tires? Nobody touches his tires and they're in just-fine shape when he drives up to the protest.

This is a bull#### narrative and you know it.

I mean, they "threw a motor bike in front of his car." Sure, one guy threw a motor bike. Because motor bikes are that light, right? Just throw them around like no big deal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #4256
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Where did you get all that info?

There have been incidents of vehicles driving through protests and causing injuries so I can understand why they maybe be a little on edge as one approaches.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #4257
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Did you watch the video? He drove right into the protest, a motorcyclist came up to stop him and he hit the motorcycle, and nobody follows him more than a block. What are you even talking about? Slashed tires? Nobody touches his tires and they're in just-fine shape when he drives up to the protest.

This is a bull#### narrative and you know it.

I mean, they "threw a motor bike in front of his car." Sure, one guy threw a motor bike. Because motor bikes are that light, right? Just throw them around like no big deal.
I didn't see tires being slashed or any evidence he was followed home, but it does appear the truck driver was slowing down for the crowd when the motorcyclist dropped his motorcyle in front of the truck to create an obstruction, while other people started smashing the trucks windows with a hammer. Obviously the driver panicked and took off.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1290897577739722753

https://twitter.com/user/status/1290948957661728775
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkMasterFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #4258
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Oh yeah, not saying anything here other than the “tires slashed/motor bike thrown by protestors/followed home” narrative is bunk. What the truck was doing there (given anyone could see what was happening and would know what has been happening for weeks) is anyone’s guess, but they absolutely blocked his path and started smashing his windows. I’d drive off in that situation too.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #4259
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah sorry, but the protesters and the motorcyclist were clearly the instigators and in the wrong here. The truck was proceeding slowly, bike guy pulls immediately in front of the truck, then dumps his bike in front of the truck as people start to bang on the truck and smash the windows.

I don't see how you fault the driver of the truck for NOPE-ing the f--k out of there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #4260
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure anyone here is faulting the driver, we're trying to figure out what happened and waiting for northcrunk to share the source(s) of info.
The Following User Says Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread