Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #101
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I mean. It's not amazing.

But I don't know how any one could have strong enough feelings to hate this series. It's still a good time. It's still star wars, and it is based in one of the most beloved fictional locations in the franchise.

I don't know why people dislike TM either. Why does Boba have to fit a specific look/mould or whatever. I'd argue Oberyn Martell being Din Djarin was harder to get used to.

When it comes to fighting, he still kicks ass. Do people think he just doesn't don the helmet enough like Din, therefore he doesn't feel like Fett?

He was Jango in Episode II so he is legit & canon.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:19 PM   #102
KPJ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrns View Post
Not enjoying this show at all. Doesn’t feel Star Wars to me. I’ll keep watching but I don’t understand the direction or plot, just seems pointless.

That 'high speed' chase scene was really bad.

100% agreed with the chase scene. The speeder bikes looked so slow and the gags of things running into the streets were weak. Reminded me of the slowly choreographed fight scenes with the assassins in the first episode. I will still watch as the nostalgia still works for me and I enjoy it on some level, but I just wish there was a little more production value invested.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:21 PM   #103
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I mean. It's not amazing.

But I don't know how any one could have strong enough feelings to hate this series. It's still a good time. It's still star wars, and it is based in one of the most beloved fictional locations in the franchise.

I don't know why people dislike TM either. Why does Boba have to fit a specific look/mould or whatever. I'd argue Oberyn Martell being Din Djarin was harder to get used to.

When it comes to fighting, he still kicks ass. Do people think he just doesn't don the helmet enough like Din, therefore he doesn't feel like Fett?

He was Jango in Episode II so he is legit & canon.
Is it really? I'm absolutely sick of Tatooine at this point, for a planet that's supposed to be an insignificant backwater (or backdesert) there's been far too much time spent on it. The Star Wars galaxy is huge with an untold number of planets to set stories in, but Disney is too afraid to veer away from anything not connected to the OT
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #104
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Is it really? I'm absolutely sick of Tatooine at this point, for a planet that's supposed to be an insignificant backwater (or backdesert) there's been far too much time spent on it. The Star Wars galaxy is huge with an untold number of planets to set stories in, but Disney is too afraid to veer away from anything not connected to the OT
Well given where Boba left off in ROTJ this show kind of had to have strong connections to Tatooine.

I still like it, and so do many. But it has been over used between the two shows to this point.

What I will say is that Boba coming back to Tatooine to take Jabba's throne doesn't feel like what Fett would be after once he regained his ship and armour.

I would've thought he would be on to different things and places.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:34 PM   #105
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well given where Boba left off in ROTJ this show kind of had to have strong connections to Tatooine.

I still like it, and so do many. But it has been over used between the two shows to this point.

What I will say is that Boba coming back to Tatooine to take Jabba's throne doesn't feel like what Fett would be after once he regained his ship and armour.

I would've thought he would be on to different things and places
This does make me wonder because he's obviously a pretty crappy crimelord.

He was never a crimelord before and I dont know why he decided that was going to be his Jam now.

It could mean that the show is in for some twists? Because tip-toeing and negotiating around competing Crime Families doesnt exactly make for compelling television.

Its a little too...'prequelly' for my liking. Negotiating trade rights and treaties and the like.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #106
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hope there is a twist and I hope there is a compelling reason for why this is his endeavor now.

It would give the show much more gravity. I'm hoping the motivations and conflicts tie into a much larger plot that involve TM, BOBF and Asohka. If I recall, it was hinted that Thrawn was supposed to be entering the fold?
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #107
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrns View Post
Not enjoying this show at all. Doesn’t feel Star Wars to me. I’ll keep watching but I don’t understand the direction or plot, just seems pointless.

That 'high speed' chase scene was really bad.
Punk rock 80s teenager bike scene.. are you $%^&in kidding me..

I couldn't care less about this Sand people stuff either.

What the hell are they doing with this show?

-I like the prequel trilogy btw
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:46 PM   #108
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hope there is a twist and I hope there is a compelling reason for why this is his endeavor now.

It would give the show much more gravity. I'm hoping the motivations and conflicts tie into a much larger plot that involve TM, BOBF and Asohka. If I recall, it was hinted that Thrawn was supposed to be entering the fold?
I dont know what you want me to tell you. As far as I can tell nobody, especially not Thrawn, would seem to give half a crap what Boba Fett is doing on some crap ass world in the middle of nowhere.

I mean...he's not even committing any meaningful crime!

So it begs the question...why would Boba Fett, the greatest Bounty Hunter of all time, abandon the career at which he was the absolute best at in order to take up a profession he's never done before, doesnt appear to be particularly good at, isnt apparently all that lucrative and on a planet that nobody cares about?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-12-2022, 05:36 PM   #109
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I thought Boba Fett was terrible in The Mandalorian and was the only part of season 2 I didn't like. This thread has soundly convinced me to pass on this one.
It's still a pretty good dive into the Star Wars universe IMO. I do think they get the overall atmosphere of the Star Wars universe. It actually gets pretty deep into SW lore, so may appeal more to serious fans...who also don't mind the Fett character being butchered.

Last edited by blankall; 01-12-2022 at 05:40 PM.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:36 PM   #110
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont know what you want me to tell you. As far as I can tell nobody, especially not Thrawn, would seem to give half a crap what Boba Fett is doing on some crap ass world in the middle of nowhere.

I mean...he's not even committing any meaningful crime!

So it begs the question...why would Boba Fett, the greatest Bounty Hunter of all time, abandon the career at which he was the absolute best at in order to take up a profession he's never done before, doesnt appear to be particularly good at, isnt apparently all that lucrative and on a planet that nobody cares about?
He's committing crimes of peace! That's his crime.

Bringing respectful rule to the wretched hive of villainy and scum is probably the worst thing he could do.

The show is fun but I'm with you, I'm not exactly sure why it was made, what Boba is trying to accomplish and why he's doing it.

But in the dog days of January, I'm glad this exists.
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2022, 06:46 PM   #111
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It's still a pretty good dive into the Star Wars universe IMO. I do think they get the overall atmosphere of the Star Wars universe. It actually gets pretty deep into SW lore, so may appeal more to serious fans...who also don't mind the Fett character being butchered.
I don't know if Fett was so much butchered as neither we nor any one else knew anything about him (i guess unless you read the books?)

Its like that bartender you befriend in college with the cool car who at first you think is the coolest friend you've ever had, until you later learn he asks his mom for permission to do everything and doesn't know how to do laundry.

Less is more I guess.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:08 PM   #112
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

…those stupid 1950s looking speeder bikes just reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls motorcycle chase scene with stupid ass Mutt.

These three episodes so far have done nothing for me. The story isn’t interesting at all.

I feel like the best scene of the entire show so far was the 15 seconds of Boba sitting at the table talking about having to respond. This show should have been Tony Soprano in the Star Wars universe.

They’ve also made no use of Fennic.

Last edited by ComixZone; 01-12-2022 at 09:11 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:56 PM   #113
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
Punk rock 80s teenager bike scene.. are you $%^&in kidding me..

I couldn't care less about this Sand people stuff either.

What the hell are they doing with this show?

-I like the prequel trilogy btw
You totally missed the reference.

They use droid parts to modify their bodies, they are mods.

Mods in the sixties in the UK drove tricked out scooters

Also boo this show

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2022, 10:44 PM   #114
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't care what anyone says there is now a Rancor, my favorite Star Wars creature is here.

Also the fight with the Wookie bounty hunter was fun, Boba held up better than his one Gamorian guardsmen did.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 11:29 PM   #115
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hmmm, lets see a 10 foot tall loud wookie manages to sneak into Boba's bed room, rip open and throw him around loudly and the first person there isn't Fennec, but the scooby gang. That's not suspicious, remember she's as ruthless as Bobba is suppossed to be and his whole nice guy act is probably costing her profits in her own mind.

Yeah the speeder bike chase was poorly done, mainly because they did it in back alleys and tight streets so there was no speed to the chase. Its was like grandma riding her seqway and chasing after mean Mr Mcgonicle.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 02:23 AM   #116
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Hmmm, lets see a 10 foot tall loud wookie manages to sneak into Boba's bed room, rip open and throw him around loudly and the first person there isn't Fennec, but the scooby gang. That's not suspicious, remember she's as ruthless as Bobba is suppossed to be and his whole nice guy act is probably costing her profits in her own mind.

Yeah the speeder bike chase was poorly done, mainly because they did it in back alleys and tight streets so there was no speed to the chase. Its was like grandma riding her seqway and chasing after mean Mr Mcgonicle.
Nah. It was The Pet Shop Boys costumes and super lame speeders.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:10 AM   #117
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I never complain too loudly about anything Star Wars, because 8 year old Misterpants thought the original Trilogy and the 2 Ewok movies were all we were going to get so anything more than that is gravy. That being said, I still can't watch cartoons of SW.

Anyhoo, my only complaint in any of these movies or shows is when they try and earthitize stuff in the Star Wars universe. I know that lots of the alien stuff draws on foreign and historical cultures but anything Americanized is instantly lame.

-The mon clamari guy in a cable knit sweater and rain overalls
-scooter gang
-that planet in the prequels that was basically Tokyo/New York in terms of ads everywhere
-the crappy pod race announcers emulating Bob Euker
-deathsticks

Thos types of things are what always pull me out of the SW experience. But at the end of the day, these new shows are just fun. If I was told we would be watching all these rad SW series for 8 bucks a month to kid version of me, I would be ecstatic.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:18 AM   #118
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

The we are too poor to buy water but can buy genetic implants and own the only shiny things in tattooine scooter gang was so terrible.

Why did they pick the lamest speeders possible. Compare that chase with last weeks on the train or the ewok speeders in VI. That was so bad.

Now in 3 episodes he is going to ride a Rancor through the streets to solidify his claim.

This series has some problems.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 09:03 AM   #119
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The we are too poor to buy water but can buy genetic implants and own the only shiny things in tattooine scooter gang was so terrible.

Why did they pick the lamest speeders possible. Compare that chase with last weeks on the train or the ewok speeders in VI. That was so bad.

Now in 3 episodes he is going to ride a Rancor through the streets to solidify his claim.

This series has some problems.
Good post. Like I said, I am EXTREMELY forgiving in regards to Star Wars but what is this??

I'm happy to have the content to watch, don't get me wrong but I am questioning where this series is going and how they're butchering the Boba Fett character so far is almost as bad as Luke in The Last Jedi so far.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #120
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

That street chase scene....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: