Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #21
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am playing Orcs Must Die Unchained Beta... anyone else playing that right now?

I am having a blast haha
I_H8_Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:53 AM   #22
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got some Heroes of the Storm Beta keys. PM me, I guess?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #23
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Just hooked up my Original NES and have been playing Mario 3. It's pretty awesome.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #24
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Just hooked up my Original NES and have been playing Mario 3. It's pretty awesome.
I just picked up flashcarts for my NES and SNES, I love playing the old systems. Picked of Zelda - Link to the past for $5 from a thrift store a few weeks ago also. Having the flashcarts has tamed my thirst but I still want to collect physical copies of certain sets of games.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #25
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided announced

Beyond pumped for this game. HR was one of my favorite games from the past decade.

Edit. Official announcement trailer

Last edited by cDnStealth; 04-08-2015 at 01:20 PM.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #26
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I just picked up flashcarts for my NES and SNES, I love playing the old systems. Picked of Zelda - Link to the past for $5 from a thrift store a few weeks ago also. Having the flashcarts has tamed my thirst but I still want to collect physical copies of certain sets of games.
My collection of physical games is pretty standard. Dr Mario, Tetris, Final Fantasy, Startropics, Mario 1 and 3. Looking to get my hands on Mario 2
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #27
Knalus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I'm actually playing through that exact game right now myself, and I have also been looking at those flashcarts. Did you pick up a PowerPak? Which one did you get? Do you like it/have any advice for someone looking to pick one up?
Knalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #28
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knalus View Post
I'm actually playing through that exact game right now myself, and I have also been looking at those flashcarts. Did you pick up a PowerPak? Which one did you get? Do you like it/have any advice for someone looking to pick one up?
I picked up the everdrive flashcarts from http://shop.krikzz.com/ I actually ordered from Spain emere.es as everywhere in NA was out of stock when I ordered and it was an authorized dealer.

The N8 nes flashcart works great, load up the sd card with the os and roms and you are off, nearly all games work with the main exception being koei games.

The Snes flashcart is a little different as some games had extra chips like the FX chip in starfox making them non playable on a flash cart but I ordered the version with an onboard dsp-1 chip so it adds a bunch more games like mario kart and pilot wings. it takes about 10-15 secs for the cart to load the rom but then its been perfect so far with my limited testing as I just got the snes cart yesterday.

I screwed up on the snes cart ordering from spain it was shipped in a super famicom shell so I had to open my street fighter cart and throw it in there.

This is supposed to be a good place to order them from http://www.stoneagegamer.com/ They seem a bit pricey at $150 each but it seems worth it to me.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 AM   #29
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Counterspy is fun, especially for a free game on PS+, but damn does the difficulty ramp up quickly. I'm kind of afraid to try the final mission
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #30
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have four Heroes of the Storm beta keys if anyone wants one.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Ashasx; 04-10-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #31
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I have four Heroes of the Storm beta keys if anyone wants one.

Spoiler!
Thanks, I took one of these because I've wanted to try this game out. I took #4.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #32
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Witcher 4K

Spoiler!
Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #33
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Witcher 4K

Spoiler!
Cool. Sting is in the game.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LockedOut For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #34
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

I'm excited for Magic Duels: Origins.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #35
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mods - can we get a separate thread for Bloodborne? I don't play it myself, but there's a decent amount of chat in this thread that it would probably warrant its own thread.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #36
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, WTF?!

And this?!

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...paid-dlc-sales

A day one update to Mortal Kombat X has made in-game gold, the currency used to obtain locked items in the Krypt, rarer to obtain, leading to accusations that the patch has been released in order to encourage sales of paid DLC.

What makes this update even more suspicious is that it has been released after reviewers have been given their copies of the game to rate, therefore meaning that many reviews won’t mention this new change to Mortal Kombat X‘s gold system. It has been suggested that NetherRealm/Warner Bros. may have held off on releasing the update so that reviewers could easily access all facets of the game prior to its release, only to significantly reduce the amount of gold the game dishes out when it reached its full retail release.

In a post on Reddit, a user notes how the game’s difficulty has also been increased, and how completing certain boss fights now only rewards the player with 200 gold rather than the 2,500 gold that could be earned prior to the update.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #37
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
A day one update to Mortal Kombat X has made in-game gold, the currency used to obtain locked items in the Krypt, rarer to obtain, leading to accusations that the patch has been released in order to encourage sales of paid DLC.

What makes this update even more suspicious is that it has been released after reviewers have been given their copies of the game to rate, therefore meaning that many reviews wont mention this new change to Mortal Kombat Xs gold system. It has been suggested that NetherRealm/Warner Bros. may have held off on releasing the update so that reviewers could easily access all facets of the game prior to its release, only to significantly reduce the amount of gold the game dishes out when it reached its full retail release.

In a post on Reddit, a user notes how the games difficulty has also been increased, and how completing certain boss fights now only rewards the player with 200 gold rather than the 2,500 gold that could be earned prior to the update.
Really glad I restrained myself and didn't pick this one up. Locking core series characters to pre-order bonuses was bad enough, but they're straight up F2P'ing a full price AAA title now. Hot garbage
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #38
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Really glad I restrained myself and didn't pick this one up. Locking core series characters to pre-order bonuses was bad enough, but they're straight up F2P'ing a full price AAA title now. Hot garbage
For what it is worth, more info is coming out and some people claim the drop rate hasn't been pared back? Not sure.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #39
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Mortal Kombat X has been awesome. You can still do the fatalities if you know the button presses.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #40
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Just on principle alone I won't buy this.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote