Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Ivrnet

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #4641
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hah I love Chris Pratt:

Quote:
In “Avengers: Infinity War,” Earth’s Mightiest Heroes will team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy to take on the Mad Titan Thanos. However, before we see the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy fight together towards a common goal, the two factions might have to overcome their own inner-turmoil, at least according to the “Guardians of the Galaxy” cast. Speaking to Fandango, several members of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” cast chimed in on what fans can expect when the Guardians inevitably come face-to-face with the Avengers.

“We’re the Guardians of the Galaxy — we don’t get intimidated!” said Star-Lord himself Chris Pratt. “[Okay] I was a little secretly intimidated. Chris Hemsworth, he’s so tall and handsome — I had to go home and really look myself in the mirror and say, you know, there’s a possibility that you just might be one of those guys who mostly loves your wife but also kind of loves Chris Hemsworth a little bit too.”
http://www.cbr.com/guardians-of-the-...y-war-rivalry/
Old 04-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #4642
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Original song for GotGV2, starring a rap by The Hoff

Old 04-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #4643
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Chris Pratt with some words of wisdom for DC, NSFW language:

NSFW!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #4644
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Wow, saying pretty much exactly what everyone else was saying. DC is rushing it. They want the payoff without the groundwork.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #4645
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

The Black Company is next on the TV series list apparently:

Quote:
Glen Cook’s epic series The Black Company may be the next fantasy adaptation to make the jump to the television screens—Deadline is reporting that the series is in development with IM Global Television, who are working with Eliza Dushku’s Boston Diva Productions along with David Goyer’s Phantom Four. Dushku, known for her work in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dollhouse, will star as The Lady, a dark sorceress who hires the mercenary Black Company.
Warning: Possible plot spoiler, but I didn't realize they were coming out with a new book set in the same timeline..

Spoiler!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:49 AM   #4646
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Is it a good book series? I don't read much fantasy anymore but every so often I will (i.e. currently stuck waiting for the next books in The Stormlight Archive, The Broken Earth series, and The Kingkiller Chronicle)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #4647
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I read it many moons ago, but I remember liking it. However this was before I got into Malazan, or deeper into GoT or Stormlight, WoT.. so I would put it a step below all of those, but still well written, it is a series that has stuck with me over the years though.

Reading Malazan I was reminded of TBC often. I actually prefer the simplicity of TBC over Malazan's complex cluster crap of characters. There are some pretty decent twists and some very likable characters.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #4648
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Chris Pratt with some words of wisdom for DC, NSFW language:
Meh..It's totally possible to introduce a plethora of characters at once and have a good movie. Ironically enough that's exactly what GotG did, and Suicide Squad was meant to be DC's answer to GotG. It was a movie filled with lesser known slightly darker characters for a teamup.

What it boils down to at the end of the day is that you actually need to have a good movie with compelling characters. The issue with Justice League isn't that they are introducing characters too fast, it's that DC is simply making movies that are fundamentally flawed on a basic level.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #4649
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Jeff Goldblum has joined the cast of the Jurassic World sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-sequel-997569
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #4650
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

My life is complete.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #4651
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Old 04-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #4652
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Jeff Goldblum has joined the cast of the Jurassic World sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-sequel-997569
Relevant:

Quote:
Jeff Goldblum hits Sydney Streets Australia today serving Food from a mobile food van called "Chef Goldblum's"

http://imgur.com/gallery/DES9g
Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #4653
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

After the very first JP movie the ongoing sequels have ranged from bad to poor to horrendous.

JP 1 - Great movie, but maybe the first real use of real looking CGI covered up a lot of flaws. But Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Wayne Knight and Jeff Goldblum had real chemistry. This is the movie that created the dinosaur craze in school, and probably a lot of dissapointment when kids found out that Rapter's were actually chicken sized egg suckers and not 7 feet tall apex predators. For me it was a 4 1/2 stars out of 5

JP 2 - The Lost World - They bought back Jeff Goldblum and bought in Julianne Moore, and they were ok, but the cast just couldn't match the chemistry of the first one. They had to introduce a villain who wanted to kidnap dinosaurs. It frankly was a pretty boring movie and the CGI didn't disguise that fact. Even the T-Rex getting to civilization didn't have much punch. 3 stars

JP 3 - Just an awful movie and a cast that didn't really work nor were they sympathetic. They bought back Sam Neill to help but he couldn't overcome the annoying main characters in a pretty bad William H Macy and a really bad Tea Leoni. How do you keep movie goers coming? Well the T-Rex wasn't quite big enough so they bought in the Spinosaur and made a storyline about super intelligent and somewhat understandable Rapters. Overall this was pretty much a dumb movie 2 1/2 stars

JP IV - This movie was just plain dumb with an incredibly unlikeable cast and Chris Pratt was bought on because of his GOG success so he basically played Star Lord in Dinosaur land. Remember the Spinosaur? While the gentically engineered Indominus Rex would have totally kicked its a$$. This movie had a stupid premise, the worst over exaggerated dinosaur ever The CGI didn't even look that great. You know they could have prevented the whole disaster and had unbreakable security if, and stick with me here, they didn't put 30 foot tall doors in the dinosaur cages? I mean seriously, once its in there, why do they need to bring it out. And couldn't they have just "I don't know dropped it in by helicopter. This movie was just not very good and when all else fails, have the dinosaur be part Rapter, part cuttlefish and have it super intelligent and able to blend in to its surrounding. 1 1/2 stars.

So now they're making a sequel. you would think that the movie would be 10 minutes long and based around the premise that genetically engineering dinosaurs is stupid, so its banned, then pan in on Malcolm applauding in the background.

How are they going to make the main bad dino even worse. I got it, its going to be a 60 foot tall genetic combination of cuttlefish, needlefish, raptor human.

that's right it will have an incredible need to swim up your urine streak and into your junk to breed. Halfway through the movie they will capture one and enhance it using cyberdyne technology to kill its rampaging mate.

To me outside of the first movie, this has been a really underwhelming franchise in terms of quality.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 04-26-2017 at 10:14 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #4654
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
After the very first JP movie the ongoing sequels have ranged from bad to poor to horrendous.

JP 1 - Great movie, but maybe the first real use of real looking CGI covered up a lot of flaws. But Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Wayne Knight and Jeff Goldblum had real chemistry. This is the movie that created the dinosaur craze in school, and probably a lot of dissapointment when kids found out that Rapter's were actually chicken sized egg suckers and not 7 feet tall apex predators. For me it was a 4 1/2 stars out of 5
Add me to the list of disappointed kids...did not know that
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #4655
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeman4Gilmour View Post
Sorry dude
Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #4656
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm going to assume that everything is delivered dry.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #4657
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Funny story, but I took this girl out on one of our first all day dates to Drum and the museum, because I'm fracking awesome that's why. Plus it seemed like a cool way to spend the day with her and she wanted to go.

Until we got to the area with the Raptor bones and claws, and she said in this sad little voice "Its so small maybe its a baby" and I basically said "Nope that's full size"

That's right, I drove her out to drum and then completely crushed her perception of dinosaurs.

Then we went to the snake museum and I did the Indiana Jones thing, where I had a snake around my neck and I said "Snake's why'd it have to be snakes. I hate snakes" and she practically yelled at me for bringing her to a place where I had an obvious phobia. I was going to ask her if she'd had ever seen an Indiana hones movie in her life, but I was afraid that her answer would be Indiana who? Which would have killed this relationship in its infancy.

She moved to Winnipeg shortly afterwards.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:30 PM   #4658
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
They also had feathers. They probably looked far more like pissed off chickens than the movie portrayal.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #4659
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

We need to clone these because I suddenly have a hankering for a bucket of Kentucky Fried Raptor

Clever Girl you taste delicious.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:31 PM   #4660
sa226
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think we've been over this before. There is a dinosaur that fit what we have seen in the Jurassic Park movies. Thats the Deinonychus. But how do you make that sound cool?

Deinonor? Deiny? The Toronto Deinonychus'?

Hence the use of the Velociraptor.

Given how iconic the Raptor has become, its too bad that its based on a lie. But its not like they completely fabricated it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote