Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will Reinhart and Granlund graduate next season?
Both make it out of camp and play NHL seasons 67 25.77%
Both get cut, but play the majority of the season up with the Flames 69 26.54%
Granlund makes it, Reinhart down. 61 23.46%
Reinhart makes it, Granlund down 63 24.23%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #41
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Reinhart can get his weight up to 200 pounds he should be fine for the bottom two lines. I agree with Granlund, it's either top 6 or nothing. Same goes for Baerstchi and Gaudreau.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #42
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd say Reinhart is the most deserving, but Granlund may simply be the best forward on the Heat and will just play himself onto the team with strong performances. He has an NHL shot and playing style that suits the big league. He has already shown a more seamless transition to the NHL game than Sven or Reinhart (probably from playing at the top level in finland before coming over), so I wouldn't be surprised if he butts his way in before the other two.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #43
kehatch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reinhart and Granlund are both young prospects that can benefit from another year in the AHL. There is no rush for them to make it. Given Burke and Treliving both being on record about taking time with their prospects, and given Phoenix's history of taking their time, I think there is a real both play a majority of their season in the AHL.

That isn't a knock against either player.
kehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:39 AM   #44
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Granlund passed Baertschi last year IMO in NHL readiness. Gaudreau could knock him out of a spot but unless he does Granlund has to be favoured as one of our most NHL ready top two line players. If we don't replace Cammalleri via UFA then I think Granlund and Gaudreau are the obvious choices to replace him.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 AM   #45
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Why would that be an option?
Well, if you only want to hear opinions you agree with, why have a poll in the first place?

I think Granlund will still be an injury recall, because I think that would still be best for his development and both Burke and Trelivig have said words about letting prospects get more than ready. Whether or not he plays most of the season with the Heat or with the Flames is really up in the air, especially with Gaudreau and Baertchi pushing for spots. But I'm betting on no.

Reinhart I have no strong opinion on, but what little I've seen and read, I don't see anything to get excited about. I'm thinking Knight is probably better for that bottom 6 spot, and even Arnold has an outside chance. Or maybe our top 4 pick goes Monahan-light on us.

So basicly, my point is mostly that I don't think these are our top prospects and could easily be passed by other guys.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #46
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ agree on Reinhart, great that he improved this year but don't see him in an offensive role on the team and not sure he's what management wants in the bottom six. Granlund I like and think he will be a big part of the team at some point. Might not be full time next year but he will be soon.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #47
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
If Reinhart can get his weight up to 200 pounds he should be fine for the bottom two lines. I agree with Granlund, it's either top 6 or nothing. Same goes for Baerstchi and Gaudreau.
I think that's a little old fashioned. Granlund at least can play on the third line and probably Sven too if he has a good off season.

Impossible to predict who makes the team however.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #48
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post

Reinhart I have no strong opinion on, but what little I've seen and read, I don't see anything to get excited about. I'm thinking Knight is probably better for that bottom 6 spot, and even Arnold has an outside chance. Or maybe our top 4 pick goes Monahan-light on us.

So basicly, my point is mostly that I don't think these are our top prospects and could easily be passed by other guys.
Interesting view on Reinhart. In what little I've seen of him, he's impressed me. Nothing too flashy but very solid and perfect for a third line centre role IMO. I wasn't as impressed with Knight. I thought Reinhart played better in his call up than Knight and seemed more ready for NHL duty. May have something to do with the adjustment to the NHL schedule from college for Knight.

I think Arnold is a couple of years away. But I agree there is a lot of depth in the bottom six and it's likely that one or two of our depth prospects will be moved in the next while.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #49
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

If one of these guys can play the RW they have a good shot, especially if we don't sign one in the offseason.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think Max can play any position, Sven is RW/LW and Markus only does C/LW?
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #50
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Fool View Post
I think that's a little old fashioned. Granlund at least can play on the third line and probably Sven too if he has a good off season.

Impossible to predict who makes the team however.
If you want to be successful in today's NHL, you'd better have 3 lines that can score.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #51
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I still see the spot being Baertschi's to lose next season. Gaudreau almost certainly to the AHL at least for the first quarter. Granlund gets the opportunity to be the lead offensive player and carry a team.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #52
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
I still see the spot being Baertschi's to lose next season. Gaudreau almost certainly to the AHL at least for the first quarter. Granlund gets the opportunity to be the lead offensive player and carry a team.
As much as I would love Johnny in the NHL right away, I am really curious if he can put up 1-2 PPG in the AHL as well and tear it up there, kind of forcing himself into us putting him into the NHL. And I think we all are not opposed to that one bit. If he goes to the AHL, no question he is on the first line.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #53
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
As much as I would love Johnny in the NHL right away, I am really curious if he can put up 1-2 PPG in the AHL as well and tear it up there, kind of forcing himself into us putting him into the NHL. And I think we all are not opposed to that one bit. If he goes to the AHL, no question he is on the first line.
I like this idea: it's kind of like Theoren Fleury tearing it up in Salt Lake.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #54
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

It will be interesting to see if CP votes either or both of these 2 higher than Sven on our prospect ranking poll?

Based on last season these 2 seem the closest to making the team next year. Reinhart with the slight edge because I think he is effective in the bottom 6 where Granlund is better suited to play top 6 or back on the farm
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #55
greentree
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
2ppg? 1ppg would be fan frikkin tastic
greentree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #56
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
It will be interesting to see if CP votes either or both of these 2 higher than Sven on our prospect ranking poll?

Based on last season these 2 seem the closest to making the team next year. Reinhart with the slight edge because I think he is effective in the bottom 6 where Granlund is better suited to play top 6 or back on the farm

That would depend on how people voted. If they voted overall who is going to be better I got to think Sven takes it. If people vote because the other 2 might be closer to making nhl then Reinhart and Granlund. I'll be voting Sven . That is if he is still with team come poll time. My gut tells me he is going to be traded in a package for a dman or Rw.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #57
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well that toy known as NHLE or in this case AHLE for college players is .53, so that would put Johnny at just over a PPG.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #58
Scoutski
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm curious if anyone knows about the offseason training being done by these two? I'd really think Max would be doing everything he can to be in the best possible position to get a spot out of camp.
Scoutski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #59
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reinhart stays up, in my mind he's an NHL player. Granlund goes down but is up before the season is over.

It's such a shame he got hurt, would have been nice to see what he was going to do with extended time.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #60
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutski View Post
I'm curious if anyone knows about the offseason training being done by these two? I'd really think Max would be doing everything he can to be in the best possible position to get a spot out of camp.
It looks like Granlund is doing some training with Ortio in Finland.

Haven't heard anything about Max.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote