Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Opinion on condo buildings

Now that the Guardian units that I was interested in have been snapped up during the developer friends/family event I'm taking a look at what is on the market right now.

Does anybody have opinions on any of Vetro, Colors or Keynote? All three have units for sale that look interesting in my price range. I seem to remember Colors getting rave reviews on the SkyscraperPage Forums but I'm not sure if that wasn't just about the exterior design.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

If you are thinking of a building already built, the best way would be for us to get out and look at a couple units within your price range in all of the buildings that interest you.
This will surely narrow your search down.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I should qualify the SSP comments about Colours. I think for the most part we were excited by the design and especially the colour wall used to cover up the above-ground parking levels.

Interior finish leaves a lot to be desired, or so I have heard. However lots of people have installed flooring over the concrete floors that were the standard in Colours (and Chocolate).
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have two friends in Vetro, and they both seem to really like it, I also know a couple in Keynote and they really like having Sunterra, RBC, and Starbucks right below them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Fueled By Fire
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Yeah, I should qualify the SSP comments about Colours. I think for the most part we were excited by the design and especially the colour wall used to cover up the above-ground parking levels.

Interior finish leaves a lot to be desired, or so I have heard. However lots of people have installed flooring over the concrete floors that were the standard in Colours (and Chocolate).
I have a friend that lives in the Chocolate building and if its anything like the finishings in the Colours building, I'm not a fan of it. I really dislike the concrete floors.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fueled By Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Having lived in Chocolate, I would say I wouldn't want to live there again.

The flooring is the biggest issue that I had there. They put an extra coating onto the concrete flooring in my unit and it started cracking and coming off the concrete floor.

I looked at the Colors units when they first came out and none of the floor plans were laid out well. A lot of the units had bedrooms with no windows. If Colors concrete flooring is similar's to Chocolates, I wouldn't recommend buying those units.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber317 View Post
I looked at the Colors units when they first came out and none of the floor plans were laid out well. A lot of the units had bedrooms with no windows. If Colors concrete flooring is similar's to Chocolates, I wouldn't recommend buying those units.
The Colors 2 bedroom units where neither bedroom has windows is the most atrocious floor plan design I have seen, and I've seen a lot of floor plans.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
JMN
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I have two friends in Vetro, and they both seem to really like it, I also know a couple in Keynote and they really like having Sunterra, RBC, and Starbucks right below them.
Have a couple friends that live in Keynote and love it for the reasons mentioned by Bigtime. Another nice condo in that area is Nuera (same builders as Vetro), a couple other friends live there and also love it.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
Fueled By Fire
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Have a couple friends that live in Keynote and love it for the reasons mentioned by Bigtime. Another nice condo in that area is Nuera (same builders as Vetro), a couple other friends live there and also love it.
I have a friend that lives in Nuera too. She has a 1 bed room, 1 bath room setup and it's not bad, although I'm not a fan of what she paid for it though.

It looks like there are going to be a number of new developments starting this year, which is never a bad thing for a buyer!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Despite the issues with the finish and floors in Colours the area it is in is excellent. 1st street has become a great little area in the Beltline. You have pubs, restaurants, clothing shops, the park next to Union Square, Central Memorial Park and 4th street a quick walk away. Not too mention it is definitely walking distance to the Dome and Stampede park.

Perhaps if the finish and unit layout in Colours isn't right you should take a look at any units for sale in Union Square right across the street?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Fueled By Fire
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Despite the issues with the finish and floors in Colours the area it is in is excellent. 1st street has become a great little area in the Beltline. You have pubs, restaurants, clothing shops, the park next to Union Square, Central Memorial Park and 4th street a quick walk away. Not too mention it is definitely walking distance to the Dome and Stampede park.

Perhaps if the finish and unit layout in Colours isn't right you should take a look at any units for sale in Union Square right across the street?
Indeed it is a nice area, but I wonder if Union Square it's out of the price range of the OP? I thought I remembered seeing 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom units going for around 350K?