Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #981
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wound up getting a Pfizer booster a couple weeks ago but from what I have read, for those who can, seems like Moderna is the way tp go.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:31 AM   #982
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
not that this helps much right how, but suspect there will be other waves of deliveries and so I'm sure you will get there before March- but having been in your shoes til recently in booking various family members I feel your pain

may want to follow AB vax hunter(@ab_vax) if you don't already , as there are often tips on drop ins and etc which are definitely more prevalent for moderna (if you are >30)
Definitely give AB Vax hunter a follow. In my limited experience, it seems like walk-ins aren't that difficult to get, you just have to find them. Depending on the date of your second dose, I'd consider a March booking through AHS a last resort.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 09:55 AM   #983
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried sitting on 811 yesterday to rebook the kids' appointments. Sat there for 15 minutes, after it said a 10 minute wait and at the 15 minute mark, they said it would now be a 30-45 minute wait so I just hung up.

Called just now, said 10 minute wait, I think I waited maybe 5 minutes, so that was nice. As it turns out, it was a lie of sorts - the booker who told us she was booking us at an AHS site because those appointments don't get canceled, booked us at a pharmacy that is NOT an AHS site, hence the cancellation.

New booker, who was just lovely to speak to, got them rebooked for Jan 18. We have to go to the AHS site in Okotoks but that's perfectly fine. I will travel for this, if that's what it takes and it looks like that's what it takes.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:34 PM   #984
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thought that I would look to the CP braintrust here as I'm getting mixed information online. Anyone have COVID and then got their booster? I was told from AHS that I can get it as soon as I'm out of quarantine, but online there looks to be studies from Europe that say 30 days after is the best to get it. Has anyone been through this situation already and how long did you wait to get your booster?
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:41 PM   #985
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
Thought that I would look to the CP braintrust here as I'm getting mixed information online. Anyone have COVID and then got their booster? I was told from AHS that I can get it as soon as I'm out of quarantine, but online there looks to be studies from Europe that say 30 days after is the best to get it. Has anyone been through this situation already and how long did you wait to get your booster?
I got covid at the same time as I got my 1 dose. I waited for 8 weeks after my positive test to get my second dose. Got a third dose 2.5 months later (AZ was my first).

If I was to re-do it, I would probably wait longer as it seems like longer intervals provide better protection and you are very unlikely to get it again right after recovery.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:22 PM   #986
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
Also interested in this. My son is currently due to get his the day he comes out of isolation.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:30 PM   #987
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

48 hours post booster shot. Sore arm is gone. Thankfully, that is all I had. My wife and I decided that we'll get our shots and come home and nap and just take it easy for the remainder of the day. Not sure if that helped but getting rest always helps in some way!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:37 PM   #988
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

My wife and I boostered this afternoon.

Half dose Moderna booster shots.

Both of us just have a sore arm so far.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:24 PM   #989
LiquorPig
Draft Pick

Booster completed today. AZ/Pfizer/Moderna in that order. Bring it on Omicron.
LiquorPig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LiquorPig For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2022, 09:02 PM   #990
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
My wife and I boostered this afternoon.

Half dose Moderna booster shots.

Both of us just have a sore arm so far.
Ended up a bit achey last night, but managed to sleep ok. Took an Advil this morning because I was still achey, and it didn’t take too long before I felt fine.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:23 PM   #991
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by calgaryred; 01-01-2022 at 11:04 PM.
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #992
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Triple pfizer boosted the other day. Sort of had chills that afternoon and felt kinda sluggish the next day. But not bad. My wife on the other hand was a write off.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:51 AM   #993
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im now triple Moderna’d. last night sucked with shivering and sweating and a headache. I got the flu shot at the same time which might not have helped. Feeling tired and sluggish today.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:06 AM   #994
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I got my booster about a week and a half ago but it's still not listed on the MyHealth Alberta app. I'm guessing it's due to the holidays and volume of boosters that are happening? My Dad got his booster a could days before me and his record was updated by the end of that week.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:09 PM   #995
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out in Vancouver, got my invite to book my booster at like 3AM this morning. Booked and ready!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #996
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorPig View Post
Booster completed today. AZ/Pfizer/Moderna in that order. Bring it on Omicron.
I wouldn't go that far having just watched several boosted healthy people get their asses kicked by Omi the last couple weeks. It does not look fun.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2022, 12:25 PM   #997
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I wouldn't go that far having just watched several boosted healthy people get their asses kicked by Omi the last couple weeks. It does not look fun.
Also folks need to remember it takes up to 2 weeks for the vaccine to deliver it's protection.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 01:12 PM   #998
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Previously I posted a tweet from AHS about getting the 5-11 second dose earlier than NACI guidelines.

I can confirm that my 10-year-old son had his second dose at the 5 week mark. NACI suggests 8, Pfizer and the CDC are doing 3. 5 weeks seemed like a reasonable compromise given the onset of Omicron. We spoke with our pediatrician and he said that it was a safe and wise strategy as long as we were following "reputable guidelines", and we were.

Obviously a personal choice, but for those that wish to split the difference between NACI and Pfizer/CDC, you definitely can do it. We were asked if it was because of travel or being immunocompromised, and we answered with a truthful "no, it is to try and get ahead of Omicron". The nurse said "good plan - others are doing that as well" and that was it.

The site let us book it, there was no resistance at the clinic (Brentwood), and everything went smoothly.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2022, 01:18 PM   #999
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Also folks need to remember it takes up to 2 weeks for the vaccine to deliver it's protection.
Boosters are much faster to react. Less than a week. I don’t have a source handy though.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:02 PM   #1000
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Previously I posted a tweet from AHS about getting the 5-11 second dose earlier than NACI guidelines.

I can confirm that my 10-year-old son had his second dose at the 5 week mark. NACI suggests 8, Pfizer and the CDC are doing 3. 5 weeks seemed like a reasonable compromise given the onset of Omicron. We spoke with our pediatrician and he said that it was a safe and wise strategy as long as we were following "reputable guidelines", and we were.

Obviously a personal choice, but for those that wish to split the difference between NACI and Pfizer/CDC, you definitely can do it. We were asked if it was because of travel or being immunocompromised, and we answered with a truthful "no, it is to try and get ahead of Omicron". The nurse said "good plan - others are doing that as well" and that was it.

The site let us book it, there was no resistance at the clinic (Brentwood), and everything went smoothly.
Thanks for this info. I went to book my daughters second, and there are no appointments past January 25, which is when the 8 week interval begins for kids who got their first dose right away. My daughter would be 2 days short of 8 weeks, and we want it for travel purposes.

I guess I’ll make the appointment based on your info. Thanks.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote