Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #201
Gaudreau is a Ninja
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I would be shocked if Pelletier made the team.
He had fairly average point totals, despite the fact that his line-mates were just as offensively skilled.

Not saying he was a bad pick. But for a late first round pick to make their team during their +1 draft year, they usually have to have huge years. Pelletier did not.
Plus there's too much depth in front of him. He will probably need to have added 15-20 pounds just to start start the conversation.
Completely disagree 32 goals, 82 points +57 in 57 games plus all of his leadership skills. To say he is not even in the conversation in just plain wrong. But with that said I do think he spends one more season in Junior
Calgary Flames #1 St. Louis Cardinals #1
Gaudreau is a Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #202
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I would be shocked if Pelletier made the team.
He had fairly average point totals, despite the fact that his line-mates were just as offensively skilled.

Not saying he was a bad pick. But for a late first round pick to make their team during their +1 draft year, they usually have to have huge years. Pelletier did not.
Plus there's too much depth in front of him. He will probably need to have added 15-20 pounds just to start start the conversation.
McKenna who finished tied for 2nd in team scoring spent a bunch of time with L'Heureaux and Groulx, meaning it was likely the sub-60 point Cyr was centering Pelletier and Khovanov for a good chunk of the season.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #203
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
McKenna who finished tied for 2nd in team scoring spent a bunch of time with L'Heureaux and Groulx, meaning it was likely the sub-60 point Cyr was centering Pelletier and Khovanov for a good chunk of the season.

When Pelletier returned from his concussion it was after Moncton made their big adds and so they didn't lean on him as much in the back half of the season.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:35 PM   #204
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
When Pelletier returned from his concussion it was after Moncton made their big adds and so they didn't lean on him as much in the back half of the season.
Makes sense, when you got a 16 year old at near a point per game, it makes sense to put him with better offensive players and spread it around. I was just bringing it up the guy I quoted claimed Pelletier's linemates had as much offense as him.

Next year it will be interesting to see if one of L'Heureaux or Pelletier is moved to their off wing so they can play together.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #205
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Makes sense, when you got a 16 year old at near a point per game, it makes sense to put him with better offensive players and spread it around. I was just bringing it up the guy I quoted claimed Pelletier's linemates had as much offense as him.

Next year it will be interesting to see if one of L'Heureaux or Pelletier is moved to their off wing so they can play together.
Pelletier was traded to Val-d'Or and L'Heureux was traded to Halifax.
AustinL_NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #206
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinL_NHL View Post
Pelletier was traded to Val-d'Or and L'Heureux was traded to Halifax.
Huh, shows what I know