Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #181
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't wait for Butler to pick 6 Brady and then take the ball over and give it to Belichick. A fan can dream....
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #182
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Orleans Saints @Saints
Saints Owner Tom Benson, 90, passed away peacefully today at Ochsner Medical Center with his wife Gayle Marie Benson at his side http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...e-d56c906bde63
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #183
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Titans release Klug, please don't sign Suh *BARF*
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #184
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

This really is a whole new regime in GB...TT would never have gone down this kind of road. Wow.

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers have signed cornerback Kyle Fuller, who received the transition tag from the Chicago Bears, to an offer sheet, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The Bears have five days to match the offer.

The news was first reported by the Chicago Tribune.

The Bears placed the transition tag on Fuller on March 6, guaranteeing the cornerback $12.971 million for 2018 and giving Chicago the right to match any offers.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #185
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

And matched quite quickly.

4 years, 56 million. I was expecting worse considering the circumstances

Last edited by DropIt; 03-16-2018 at 05:56 PM.
DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #186
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Former Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu is signing a one-year, $7 million deal with the Houston Texans, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Good add for that squad, they sucked hard in the secondary last year.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #187
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jets trade 6th overall, 37, 49 and 2019 2nd to Colts to move up to 3rd overall.

Quite the haul for the Colts. Guess Jets want to make sure they get a QB with that pick. Does this mean we see Barkley go 4th to the Browns?
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #188
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double post
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #189
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow, that's beyond stupid from the Jets. Paid a ransom to move to a spot where Darnold and Rosen are probably gone, so they can choose ... Mayfield?! What a stupid idea. Some teams just never learn.

Brilliant move from Chris Ballard. And the Browns will be happy too, they could very realistically end up with both Darnold and Barkley now.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #190
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
wow, that's beyond stupid from the Jets. Paid a ransom to move to a spot where Darnold and Rosen are probably gone, so they can choose ... Mayfield?! What a stupid idea. Some teams just never learn.

Brilliant move from Chris Ballard. And the Browns will be happy too, they could very realistically end up with both Darnold and Barkley now.
I doubt its for Mayfield...though it is the Jets so who knows?

My guess is that they either know one of Darnold or Rosen will be there, they want Barkely, or they really like Josh Allen and wanted to be sure Buffalo didnt get ahead of them.

I'd go with they know who the first 2 picks are and want Rosen.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #191
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it a sure thing the Giants are going to be taking a QB? What happened to their love of Barkley at 2?
Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #192
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Is it a sure thing the Giants are going to be taking a QB? What happened to their love of Barkley at 2?
Yeah they could easily go Barkely as well...but I've seen where they are after a guard to play beside Nate Solder (their Oline was abysmal last year) and may be looking at Quenton Nelson out of ND.

Who knows though.

Oh...and Bradley Chubb may still figure into all this as well.

Last edited by transplant99; 03-17-2018 at 09:55 AM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #193
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
who knows. I'd be very surprised though, Manning is 37 and they had such a bad season that they unexpectedly got into a position to draft a franchise QB without giving up any assets. Do you give that up for a running back? I certainly wouldn't. I'd take Rosen in a heartbeat and have him sit a year behind Eli. People take a look at this year's playoffs and say "See? You don't necessarily need a franchise QB!". But at the same time, it's quite clear that you don't need an elite RB either.

I'd be really shocked if Darnold and Rosen didn't go at 1 and 2. If it's not the Giants picking a QB at 2, they might very well find a willing trade partner in a team like Buffalo or Denver. They could trade down, get an extra asset or two and still draft a guy like Quentin Nelson.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #194
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think the Giants are going to take a QB and maybe the Jets know this for fact. It appears they believe (foolishly IMO) they still have a window with Manning.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #195
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't get it for the Jets. The only QB to me worth drafting is Lamar Jackson, not because I think he's going to be great, but because of his physical gifts he simply has the highest ceiling. Rosen, Darnold, Allen....their ceiling is basically Jay Cutler. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to be giving up significant assets for a potential Jay Cutler. Should have thrown two of those seconds at the Eagles for Foles instead, but this is why they are the Jets. Home run for the Colts though, essentially picking up (if they hit the picks) three starters. For a team badly in need a depth, amazing trade really.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #196
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
who knows. I'd be very surprised though, Manning is 37 and they had such a bad season that they unexpectedly got into a position to draft a franchise QB without giving up any assets. Do you give that up for a running back? I certainly wouldn't. I'd take Rosen in a heartbeat and have him sit a year behind Eli. People take a look at this year's playoffs and say "See? You don't necessarily need a franchise QB!". But at the same time, it's quite clear that you don't need an elite RB either.

I'd be really shocked if Darnold and Rosen didn't go at 1 and 2. If it's not the Giants picking a QB at 2, they might very well find a willing trade partner in a team like Buffalo or Denver. They could trade down, get an extra asset or two and still draft a guy like Quentin Nelson.
None of the QB's in this draft project to be "franchise" types though. One or more might get there, but unless you don't have a guy right now like the Giants do, it makes no sense to reach on them.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #197
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lamar Jackson is incredibly overrated. Nothing more than a stat padder. Seeing how he played against great defenses I.e. LSU, Clemson, and Miss State, he was absolutely terrible

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #198
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
None of the QB's in this draft project to be "franchise" types though. One or more might get there, but unless you don't have a guy right now like the Giants do, it makes no sense to reach on them.
People said the same thing about Watson and Trubisky last year (jury is admittedly still out on Trubisky), and Wentz and Goff the year before. The thing is with the cap on rookie salaries, it makes sense to gamble on QBs if you even remotely believe they can be franchise players.

EDIT: That said, everything I've read regarding the Giants says they believe their problems were at Oline and RB and they want to give Eli one more shot. Seems dumb as hell to me but that organization has been a mess for the last few years.

Last edited by rubecube; 03-17-2018 at 10:12 AM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #199
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I agree, but there were question marks about Wentz and Watson pre-draft too and teams still picked guys like Trubisky top 3. Teams are so QB-needy that I fully expect three QBs in the top 5 this year. To me it seems like an overrated group of QBs too and every single one of them has warts, but I'd be surprised if teams didn't draft them early nevertheless.

If the Giants don't like them, I'd certainly trade down though. Reaching for a guard would be worse than reaching for a quarterback.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #200
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the benching of Eli, along with a new coaching staff will see the Giants play thus one conservatively and take the BPA at #2 rather that get cute.
Jets don't make this trade without know if their guy us there.

Smart move by the Colts though, they could possibly still get their guy at 6 in Chubb I'd the pieces fall into place. I think the Broncos nab Nelson if they get the chance.