Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2019, 06:40 AM   #101
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reem and Wendy, opposite poles but equally useless.

Clearly have never watched a season of Survivor.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:28 AM   #102
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Stupid question but, If Aubrey does make it back into the game does she still have the extra vote power? It did say up until 7 ppl left.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #103
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
Stupid question but, If Aubrey does make it back into the game does she still have the extra vote power? It did say up until 7 ppl left.
I was wondering the same thing. She’s not officially out of the game and if she manages to get back in does she keep the advantage and/or her idol..?
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #104
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was an episode.

Reem continues to display why she got voted off first. And will likely be voted off immediately if she manages to get back.

That was a brilliant blindside on Aubrey.

Not surprised Wendy was 'voted' out.

Finally a merge and we get to see how this Extinction works, and if it's been worth the first half of the season.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #105
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If Aubry gets back in this game swings because we're post merge and the returning players, Aubry, David, Joe, Wentworth suddenly forms a pretty strong strategic block of players. Lets be honest, the new players haven't been overwhelmingly good strategy wise, social game wise or challenge wise.

I don't think it would be hard for the returning players to start nibbling away on idiots like Wardog

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #106
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wardog(ugh) gets more and more useless every episode.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #107
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Lets be honest, the new players haven't been overwhelmingly good strategy wise, social game wise or challenge wise.
I tend to agree for the most part save for.....man I'm bad with names....the redhead girl? I've been quite impressed with her. She was mostly behind the Aubry blindside. She's playing a good social/strategy game. Think she's a dark horse.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #108
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I tend to agree for the most part save for.....man I'm bad with names....the redhead girl? I've been quite impressed with her. She was mostly behind the Aubry blindside. She's playing a good social/strategy game. Think she's a dark horse.
Victoria. And I'm much the same. She's been pretty impressive. I thought that the blindside of Aubrey was Eric's idea, but was put onto Victoria to execute, which she pretty much did flawlessly.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2019, 09:59 PM   #109
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright. So...that's how EoE works. I'm not sure I like it. I really find that I like the permanent consequences aspect of the vote. Now they just wander off and wait on crappier island for a chance to get back in.

At least we are actually down 2 players now. Which seems weird to say, seeing as we're at a merge.

And are the three left over really on the jury? Or is everyone left after the next EoE challenge "voted off" at the same time?

Weird season, and not a lot going on strategy-wise, either.

Also, Reem is starting to amuse me with how crusty she is. Has she never seen a single episode of Survivor before? Man, is there something ever rammed up her...

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-27-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #110
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its a huge advantage that the player that wins back into the game will have been sitting on the jury, that's a tremendous advantage.

I felt sorry for Wendy in that re-entry challenge, what a brutal challenge for someone with tourette's.

I thought tonight's strategy was just stupid, and loved that loud "Lame" from the Jury. Its really tough this year compared to the last few seasons, because there aren't any really strong players strategy wise.

You just know that someone like WarDog is somehow going to waterski to the final 3.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:16 PM   #111
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

There wasn't much Joe could do other than win the challenge. Kama is playing it smart and safe, can't blame them.

It's not the most exciting gameplay right now, but Kelley, Lauren, and now Devens all have idols. It could turn around very quickly if the outsiders get on the same page against Kama.

And Kelley made a good move not playing the idol. I would've played one in her situation, I thought she was going to go home.

I assume everyone who gets voted out from this point will end up on jury in addition to those three if they fail to get back in the game, so it's gonna be a bigger jury this season.

Also just thought about how whoever gets the second shot to get back in could very well win the game, they're getting to spend a ton of time influencing and befriending the jury.

Last edited by mile; 03-27-2019 at 11:22 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #112
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Such a boring season, really hope anything happens soon
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #113
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I felt bad for Aubrey when she lost because the first part of the challenge she was terrific and her going back into the game would have made things interesting. Seeing how heart broken she was, was a big sad.

But the problem now is that Joe is on edge of extinction which means he's a monstrous favorite in any physical challenge to get back in the game.

I wasn't surprised that Keith and Wendy rang out, Keith was kind of soft and not very good in the game, Wendy really wasn't playing the game, she was just happy to be around people.

Reem or whatever her name is might as well ring out, she's going nowhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #114
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horrible and Boring....we finally lose a few...losers?

White Tiger, KevanGuy, surferguy and Hockey all take a hit..you should be proud.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #115
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I'm unclear on the split immunity idol.

If one of the holders had been voted out did the other person get the piece or was it a dead idol? Do they now have to fight to the death to reunite the pieces, because from a strategic standpoint, you could basically screw the other holder over hard by refusing to give the piece back and voting him out.

I don't get it.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #116
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The idol would be dead.

Are they going to do some bulk eliminations or something? They've had, what 6 or so episodes and only 2 people are out out?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #117
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The idol would be dead.

Are they going to do some bulk eliminations or something? They've had, what 6 or so episodes and only 2 people are out out?

Ok, then it wasn't even much of a negotiating tool.

I expect that at the end of this one person is going to come back from the edge of extinction the week before the final 3, the rest of the people on the island will stay on the jury

Old 04-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #118
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

This season is a mess with the extinction island component. It takes away the finality required for each episode to have impact, and it stifles character development because it spreads out the camera time so thinly. It ultimately undermines the viewers emotional investment in this entire season.

I feel like I'm watching MTV's real world.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #119
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

I hate this twist because I don’t like the fact someone who was first boot loses at their chance to come back in and still gets another chance. It doesn’t make sense that there’s a chance they get 20th and then they’re on the jury and could still end up in the final 5 or 8 or whatever
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #120
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Wardog is horrible at everything. For all of his strategies he's terrible physically and his social game is a mess. He's not going to last long after the merge.
There's lots of people like him in regular life. Strong, confident personality that allows him to bend ears and become a leader at the beginning and then people realize he's a dope with no discernable skills.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: