Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #621
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Totally called it

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #622
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!

Add on match, Kofi gets told that he's in a triple threat match by Vince, he goes out to the ring after celebrating with the rest of New Day only to find out its a handicap match against the Bar.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #623
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Anyone else download Aleister Black's theme song, its awesome for long stretches of highway.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #624
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!

Old 03-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #625
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got my ticket for SummerSlam. It was more than what I hoped but to sit in the first few rows was $2300. I wanted to get the combo for all four events but decided against taking the risk of waiting until Friday only to find out they aren't much better than what you can get now.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #626
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a great episode of smackdown

The new day and vince have been so good on the mic for this thing

I want kofi to win so bad at mania, the crowd would go insane
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #627
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who gets the biggest pop if they win

Kofi
Becky
Seth

It's crazy that seth might be 3rd in that, I think right now its definitely kofi 1

I am a bit worried, cause I think all 3 need the win, and it makes sense for all 3, but will vince give 3 white hit baby faces wins like that in one night?
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #628
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I got my ticket for SummerSlam. It was more than what I hoped but to sit in the first few rows was $2300. I wanted to get the combo for all four events but decided against taking the risk of waiting until Friday only to find out they aren't much better than what you can get now.
$2300 for a PPV. Holy Hannah that's steep even with seats close to the ring.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:16 AM   #629
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
$2300 for a PPV. Holy Hannah that's steep even with seats close to the ring.
Yeah, it's crazy. Half of that wouldn't have surprised me with the way big events are priced but not $2300.

I went in expecting to pay atleast $300 for a really good seat and it ended up being $492 for 8th row on the floor beside the ramp. Even row 16 in the stands was the same as the floor. I would have rather not paid that much but this might be the only PPV I go to and I did pay $800 to go to UFC 129 and sat in the 12th row. I did save about $400 atleast getting an AirBNB right beside the arena instead of a hotel so that helps.

Now I just need to get tickets for the other shows. I've thought about getting a 4 pack on Friday if I can find a seat that's not as expensive but close as possible and just sell the SummerSlam ticket but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #630
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Don't want to burst the bubble on your Summerslam experience but from what I've seen with Royal Rumble, Takeover was a more fun PPV on the whole. I really hope you have tickets to that too!
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #631
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Don't want to burst the bubble on your Summerslam experience but from what I've seen with Royal Rumble, Takeover was a more fun PPV on the whole. I really hope you have tickets to that too!
They haven't gone on sale yet for individual tickets but I plan on it.

My plan was to get the four pack but then I guess they announced a presale at the house show last Friday in Toronto and by the time I found out all of the good four pack seats were gone. I figured I had everything covered for when a presale was announced as far as getting alerts but I only found out when I checked Ticketmaster on Monday to see if a presale was happening this week and saw tickets already listed but they were all at the end of the arena. I guess had I been searching "SummerSlam presale" on Twitter on Friday night I would have saw it but I didn't think I had to since getting presale info on every other event I've gone to has been pretty easy and has never been a week before the general public sale.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #632
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Becky has lost some of the pop she was getting. The three way feud has been scripted to death. A simpler approach might have been more engaging. Instead, they went full gung-ho with suspensions, arrests, over played injuries (Becky will hobble her way to Mania too at this rate).
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #633
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Becky has lost some of the pop she was getting. The three way feud has been scripted to death. A simpler approach might have been more engaging. Instead, they went full gung-ho with suspensions, arrests, over played injuries (Becky will hobble her way to Mania too at this rate).

Yeah, I agree, the storyline has become too convoluted with the crutches and suspensions and the McMahon's involvement, I also hated that they involved Flair, just because I'm not a huge fan of hers and I think it makes the final buildup to convulted.

I also think that the fake Kafabe breaking by Ronda was poorly handled. The whole, this is scripted fake bs stuff was stupid because it denigrates the match. I know that Ronda was told to do these twitters and video's, but that writer is a moron.

I also watched Becky's promo's and she seems to have lost her way a bit on the man thing from what she was doing earlier especially with Nia Jax, and I get more of the old pre man Becky feel.

I still want to see the match, since I get it for free. But if I would have had to pay full pop for Wrestlemania, I probably would have passed.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #634
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, I agree, the storyline has become too convoluted with the crutches and suspensions and the McMahon's involvement, I also hated that they involved Flair, just because I'm not a huge fan of hers and I think it makes the final buildup to convulted.

I also think that the fake Kafabe breaking by Ronda was poorly handled. The whole, this is scripted fake bs stuff was stupid because it denigrates the match. I know that Ronda was told to do these twitters and video's, but that writer is a moron.

I also watched Becky's promo's and she seems to have lost her way a bit on the man thing from what she was doing earlier especially with Nia Jax, and I get more of the old pre man Becky feel.

I still want to see the match, since I get it for free. But if I would have had to pay full pop for Wrestlemania, I probably would have passed.
Its been so over-controlled that they are lost

The fans cheer Becky (they have her turn heel)
Becky disses the fans (they still cheer Becky)
Then in turn have Charlotte go heel (fans cheer Becky and boo Charlotte)
Fans cheer Becky whenever Ronda is present
Ronda turns heel because the face is being boo'ed

So because Becky turn heel and the fans pop'ed her even more then had to turn everyone else heel so that she would now be the face.

Becky turning heel was the reason for the pop, running with that would have climbed and paid off but rather they forced way too many heel turns to have the face getting cheered and the opposition being booed

Right now they technically have 3 heels, and thus, removing the shine from the man
Old 03-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #635
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Have I said lately how much I love Shayna Baszler?

She's such a amazing heel.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #636
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Have I said lately how much I love Shayna Baszler?

She's such a amazing heel.
She's come a long way since she first entered NXT. She's a damn good heel, and one that you genuinely want to hate. The fact that she's tough as nails and legit dangerous doesn't hurt either.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #637
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Unfortunately why I can't take Kairi Sane that seriously in NXT with Baszler as champ. Baszler just looks like she could rip Sane in half in a real fight.

Which is why Baszler needs to drop the title at Takeover, and debut on the main roster at Wrestlemania. If Rousey leaves after Wrestlemania, she should eat a loss to Becky, with Baszler coming out post-match and destroying Becky, keeping the MMA women threat open and getting Baszler off to a monstrous start in the women's division. Throw Duke/Shafir in there as well to add depth to the women's tag division.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #638
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Unfortunately why I can't take Kairi Sane that seriously in NXT with Baszler as champ. Baszler just looks like she could rip Sane in half in a real fight.

Which is why Baszler needs to drop the title at Takeover, and debut on the main roster at Wrestlemania. If Rousey leaves after Wrestlemania, she should eat a loss to Becky, with Baszler coming out post-match and destroying Becky, keeping the MMA women threat open and getting Baszler off to a monstrous start in the women's division. Throw Duke/Shafir in there as well to add depth to the women's tag division.

Baszler just looks authentic, her offense looks painful as hell and tough. She even makes something as simple as a sleeper look devestating.

I love Sane, She's a blast to watch though Io has kind of taken her spot a bit.

The funny story is that Baszler and Sane were roomates and they're supposed to be extremely close backstage.

Its hard to believe that she's 38 years old, so I would expect that she'll be up on the main roster at or right after Wrestlemania because she's actually too good for NXT now.

I don't know about Duke and Shaffir, they still look so awkward in everything they do, Duke is just so gangly

Old 03-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #639
sfpipes
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Looks like Styles isn't going anywhere. No idea how to embed a tweet. But here it is.
Edit: Figured out the embedding

https://twitter.com/user/status/1107725115599540225

Good news considering all the exit rumours with a number of other guys.

Last edited by sfpipes; 03-18-2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Embedding
sfpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 AM   #640
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was watching WCW Thunder tonight on the WWE network. God damn its funny to watch because of the unbelievable talent roster that they had.

Scott Hall vs Konnan
Horace vs Raven
Jericho beats Chavo

Alex Wright and Disco Inferno beat Public Enemy
Kevin Nash beats Curt Henning
Stevie Ray beats Eddie

Bret Hart beats Lex Luger

When you watch this show you just go wow, that's a ton of talent. Its too bad that the booking was such an absolute mix of stupid and lazy, with every match ending in a controversial fashion.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: