Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #381
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've attended NJPW shows, yes... but only at the Tokyo Dome and at Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo. Never attended one in Sapporo. If you're into wrestling, absolutely do it, you won't regret it. That said, be prepared to give up your mid-afternoon to late evening to do so. If you have limited time, you'll have to judge how much you like Japanese wrestling haha. Seeing NJPW live - the wrestling is very high quality.

I would do it if I were you.

Also, visit https://buysumotickets.com/ if you'd like to get tickets to an NJPW show. They do all the work to get the tickets, and they're super helpful. It's nice to have that stuff all arranged before you go. I've used them twice now, and they're 100% reliable.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #382
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Rubecube, I would follow Muta's advice. Sapporo is worth seeing, especially with an NJPW show in tow (in addition to the beautifully snowy Moerenuma Park and the original Sapporo Beer Brewery).

However, if you want to save yourself some bucks and time, I would highly recommend staying in Tokyo and catching a show at Korakuen Hall, one of the most legendary venues in wrestling history and an absolute pleasure to see live.

As it turns out, you can see the following wrestling events there that week:
- NJPW: Road to New Beginnings (January 29)
- NOAH: Navigate for the Future (February 1)
- Dragon Gate: Tournament Day (February 5)

I think you can get your NJPW / wrestling fix that week in Tokyo without having to go to Sapporo, although I do highly recommend visiting in general.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #383
Prototype

Exp:

Anyone else cringed at seeing Hogan, but teared up a little knowing he was the perfect person to honor Mean Gene?
Old 01-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #384
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Rubecube, I would follow Muta's advice. Sapporo is worth seeing, especially with an NJPW show in tow (in addition to the beautifully snowy Moerenuma Park and the original Sapporo Beer Brewery).

However, if you want to save yourself some bucks and time, I would highly recommend staying in Tokyo and catching a show at Korakuen Hall, one of the most legendary venues in wrestling history and an absolute pleasure to see live.

As it turns out, you can see the following wrestling events there that week:
- NJPW: Road to New Beginnings (January 29)
- NOAH: Navigate for the Future (February 1)
- Dragon Gate: Tournament Day (February 5)

I think you can get your NJPW / wrestling fix that week in Tokyo without having to go to Sapporo, although I do highly recommend visiting in general.
Yeah, I get into Tokyo too late on the 29th to catch the show. After having a night to sleep on it and doing some reading on the area, I'm actually thinking it'd be cool to go to Sapporo anyways. Wish I had a bit more time in Japan overall but I'm off to Singapore on the 5th and then onto Thailand on the 9th.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #385
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
Anyone else cringed at seeing Hogan, but teared up a little knowing he was the perfect person to honor Mean Gene?

I always mistrust Hogan's sincerity.

I mean it was a decent salute, but I was shocked that none of the McMahon's were out there for that since he was such a big part of their company.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #386
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Double or Nothing rally tonight for AEW. Billy Gunn announced as a producer for AEW. Rumors that their show will be Tuesday Nights on TNT. PAC (Neville) also spotted in Jacksonville tonight. More as it comes.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #387
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Billy Gun is probably a pretty solid hire, he did production in NXT and training in NXT.

Wonder if they'll try to steal away Road Dog.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #388
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

And PAC is confirmed - came out and confronted Adam "Hangman" Page. Also MJF and Joey Janela.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 03:44 PM   #389
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Double or Nothing rally tonight for AEW. Billy Gunn announced as a producer for AEW. Rumors that their show will be Tuesday Nights on TNT. PAC (Neville) also spotted in Jacksonville tonight. More as it comes.
Yep, Neville got into it with Page, so looks like he's signed. SCU, Britt Baker, and Joey Janela all signed as well. If they do end up getting Kenny, that's a pretty solid roster to build from.

Also, Double or Nothing goes May 25th in Vegas. I'm debating heading down for it.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #390
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Chris Jericho!! That's huge for AEW
Old 01-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #391
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jericho in the house.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #392
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Confirmed roster so far (according to the AEW rally and r/SquaredCircle)

- Cody
- Matt Jackson
- Nick Jackson
- Adam Page
- Christopher Daniels
- Frankie Kazarian
- Scorpio Sky
- MJF
- Joey Janela
- PAC
- Chris Jericho
- CIMA
- T-Hawk
- El-Lindamen
- Takehiro Yamamura.
- Penelope Ford
- Britt Baker
- Brandi Rhodes
Old 01-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #393
Prototype

Exp:

How I would have booked it: Last night, Lynch, Flair and Carmella fought to face Auska at Royal Rumble.

(Spoiler if you haven't seen it) Lynch won.

With the rumored Main Event of Lynch vs. Rousey at Wrestlemania, this doesn't design a clear path for this match to happen. So, I would have had one of the other two win... I wouldn't be mad at Carmella winning at this point. Have Lynch enter the women's Rumble and have her win.

Then the Road to Wreslemania has focus. There's no confusion as to how Lynch is to face Rousey. Becky throws Smackdown under the bus, saying she has dominated the show, and the only thing she hasn't done is destroy the RAW Woman's Champion.

The flipside to this is that it would make Becky a Raw roster member, and the two biggest names fighting for the same prize, which could make for an amazing program (similar to Rock/Austin/Triple H in their IC days), but would leave SD a little thinner. RAW is the "flagship" so it would be a shot in the arm for them, but I get why they would want to leave some talent on SD.

I'm interested to see how they handle this, but I think they could have added some intrigue into what happens with Becky next going forward.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #394
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah the crowd’s pop for hogan was a bit weak, but I was expecting more boos

Hogan teared up too when he watched that mean gene reel. That’s when he put his sunglasses back on
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #395
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

They could still do that.

Have Rousey cost Lynch the title again at the Rumble but in a match prior to the women's rumble. Then a pissed off Becky enters the rumble (schedule her match first).

Goes crazy on everyone and then gets her shot at Mania.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #396
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I like your plan, I even don't mind Carmela getting another bump, she to me is a pretty good entertainer, I'd like to see Asuka go on a nice long run with the belt, I'm kind of sick of Flair, and she bores me with her Becky character rip off.

I also don't mind Becky just showing up on Raw, I think Raw's woman division is in a bad need for a refresh,Sasha and Bayley are pretty stale, Nia is terrible and damn near killed Sasha on Monday, and my guy is that Bliss is still having lots of health problems in terms of returning to the ring and that's why they're transitioning her to mouthpiece status.

I mean right now the problem is that Ronda has run everyone over, there's really no one left after Sasha unless Lacey Evan's comes in like a house on fire.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #397
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
How I would have booked it: Last night, Lynch, Flair and Carmella fought to face Auska at Royal Rumble.

(Spoiler if you haven't seen it) Lynch won.

With the rumored Main Event of Lynch vs. Rousey at Wrestlemania, this doesn't design a clear path for this match to happen. So, I would have had one of the other two win... I wouldn't be mad at Carmella winning at this point. Have Lynch enter the women's Rumble and have her win.

Then the Road to Wreslemania has focus. There's no confusion as to how Lynch is to face Rousey. Becky throws Smackdown under the bus, saying she has dominated the show, and the only thing she hasn't done is destroy the RAW Woman's Champion.

The flipside to this is that it would make Becky a Raw roster member, and the two biggest names fighting for the same prize, which could make for an amazing program (similar to Rock/Austin/Triple H in their IC days), but would leave SD a little thinner. RAW is the "flagship" so it would be a shot in the arm for them, but I get why they would want to leave some talent on SD.

I'm interested to see how they handle this, but I think they could have added some intrigue into what happens with Becky next going forward.
Yeah I really didn’t think Becky would’ve won that triple threat match last night as i thought it was going to be Charlotte vs Asuka at the Rumble.

But with Becky winning, I see the path now as Becky winning the title over Asuka, then Becky inserting herself into the Rumble as #29 (and you know Corey would blow a gasket on how they would let a champ into the Rumble), Becky also wins the Rumble and goes after Ronda in a champ vs champ match

Believe me, with the possibility of Connor MacGregor being a celebrity manager for Becky, you know this will headline WrestleMania
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #398
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I originally thought they they would use the Rumble to set up the four horsewoman vs four horsewoman at the Rumble.

Have Sasha, Bayley and Charlotte in there and the surprise entrances would be Bazler, Duke and Shaffir, and have the MMA girls murder the WWE girls. But just watching a couple of matches with Duke and Shaffir on NXT and they look nowhere near ready, and while Bazler is awesome in my mind, bringing her up as a individual would be a waste.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #399
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

How to sell a curb stomp 101 by Dean Ambrose

Take the stomp
Lie unconcious as the people leave and the ring crew starts taking down the ring

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #400
droopydrew19
Safari Stan

Exp:

Just wondering if anybody on CP that reads this wrestling thread might have one of the solid replica WWE belts that I could borrow?

My son is graduating high school and wanted to have some of his grad pictures taken with one and all he has are the small plastic ones. TIA
droopydrew19 is offline   Reply With Quote