Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:30 PM   #1601
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m good for two seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #1602
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Whitecaps are terrible! Getting pumped again 4-0 to New England.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #1603
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.eightysixforever.com/201...he-bargain-bin

I'm sitting in Row 1 at half. I'm gonna be chanting "BARGAAAAAAAAAIN BINNNNNN"
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 09:30 PM   #1604
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, where can I buy Cavalry gear in town? I wanna get something in prep for the game in Van.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #1605
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Also, where can I buy Cavalry gear in town? I wanna get something in prep for the game in Van.
I think the only place is the Spruce Meadows shop. It's open each day as far as I know.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #1606
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
You can also go to the Spruce Meadows online shop, if you have time to wait for delivery!
Old 07-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #1607
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default 2019 Cavalry FC season / ticket price venting thread

Kicks the soccer store (off Southland and Macleod, or Shaganappi) also sells Cavalry Gear (Jerseys, Hats, Scarves, Flags, and noise makers I believe)

Also, if it fits you, I have a customized XXL Malonga Home jersey I’d sell for $100. It’s only been worn once but doesn’t fit me well. (fits more like a Large-XL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM; 07-17-2019 at 11:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 11:09 PM   #1608
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
The Whitecaps are terrible! Getting pumped again 4-0 to New England.

I’ll be at BC place on Saturday for their game against SJ (chose the wrong week to be out here!)

Anyone have any suggestions for voodoo I can do on the stadium?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #1609
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
I’ll be at BC place on Saturday for their game against SJ (chose the wrong week to be out here!)

Anyone have any suggestions for voodoo I can do on the stadium?
I would say take a dump on the turf but the Whitecaps can do that on their own.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #1610
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

So why the hell are we playing Sunday instead of Saturday this weekend? Would have been nice to keep that extra day of rest between York and Vancouver.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:12 AM   #1611
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Also, weekday game notwithstanding, it's a bit of a shame York couldn't parlay a big attendance game in the CanChamp into anything. Smallest league game crowd of the season for them, and a league record low of 1769. They now hold five of the 10 lowest attended games in league history (Pacific 3, Cavalry 1, Edmonton 1), and two CanChamp figures that are lower than that.

And yet, not the most embarrassing thing to happen in the CPL last night after OneSoccer mistakenly assumed the game in Edmonton would be postponed due to lightning and just went home. People on Twitter are justifiably *pissed*.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:34 AM   #1612
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Also, weekday game notwithstanding, it's a bit of a shame York couldn't parlay a big attendance game in the CanChamp into anything. Smallest league game crowd of the season for them, and a league record low of 1769. They now hold five of the 10 lowest attended games in league history (Pacific 3, Cavalry 1, Edmonton 1), and two CanChamp figures that are lower than that.
A big part of York's problem is that they decided to market themselves as a very local team representing the York Region (hence the York 9 name) but they don't actually play within that area at the moment. They play in North York which is actually part of Toronto while they try to figure out a new stadium in Newmarket or Markham. So people in the area around the stadium (York University) aren't really eager to commit to the team and aren't really being marketed to while the people who they are trying to market to have to travel to the games which is making it hard to convert them from supporting TFC.

It's a tough situation and hopefully the figure out the stadium soon. Certainly they are the team in the most precarious position in the league.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #1613
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

People should definitely be pissed that OneSoccer sent their crews home last night and didn't broadcast the game. The whole Onesoccer thing feels a little bit like Rogers' NHL deal. They came in and made a big splash, then realized they were not going to come close to breaking even and starting cutting corners (calling the games out of Toronto/Barcelona, sending crews home, not broadcasting League1 Ontario as advertised).

Personally, I have thought the platform has been decent for a first year service, but you can clearly see the corners being cut. My biggest gripe is the overexposure of Kurt Larson and Gareth Wheeler, I can't stand either of them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #1614
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
overexposure of Kurt Larson and Gareth Wheeler, I can't stand either of them.
Gareth Wheeler's incessant use of overly English sounding phrases layered on top of the terrible attempts at word play make the whole viewing experience quite painful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #1615
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm watching games or highlights on OneSoccer and they aren't Cavalry-related, I just mute the sound / commentary and play the Benny Hill theme instead. It's so much more appropriate, especially with FC Edmonton.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:04 PM   #1616
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
People should definitely be pissed that OneSoccer sent their crews home last night and didn't broadcast the game. The whole Onesoccer thing feels a little bit like Rogers' NHL deal. They came in and made a big splash, then realized they were not going to come close to breaking even and starting cutting corners (calling the games out of Toronto/Barcelona, sending crews home, not broadcasting League1 Ontario as advertised).

Personally, I have thought the platform has been decent for a first year service, but you can clearly see the corners being cut. My biggest gripe is the overexposure of Kurt Larson and Gareth Wheeler, I can't stand either of them.
More Andi Petrillo, much less Gareth Wheeler. Also more Nigel Reed only because I find his incredibly dull monotone during exciting play hilarious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #1617
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Calgary Foothills are trying to bring an NWSL club to Calgary...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5656894/n...eague-calgary/

Old 07-19-2019, 08:15 AM   #1618
AndyM
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
If I'm watching games or highlights on OneSoccer and they aren't Cavalry-related, I just mute the sound / commentary and play the Benny Hill theme instead. It's so much more appropriate, especially with FC Edmonton.
All of Calgary's on-air talent was cut over the last few weeks: sideline reporting, colour and play by play. OneSoccer is bleeding money. The Cavs might not even get an in-person play by play crew for the finals.

Puzzling and frustrating decision given the multiple "pundits" its paying in Toronto. Expect more of Larson as he's the head of OneSoccer content and certainly won't be taking himself off the air.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #1619
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Not sure what Mediapro was expecting, really. Promising to put an average of $20 million a year into an online platform built around a fledgling league in a nation that lacks a history of widespread soccer fandom was always rather optimistic. They can't have more than a few thousand subscribers, most of whom won't stick around for the off-season.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #1620
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
All of Calgary's on-air talent was cut over the last few weeks: sideline reporting, colour and play by play. OneSoccer is bleeding money. The Cavs might not even get an in-person play by play crew for the finals.

Puzzling and frustrating decision given the multiple "pundits" its paying in Toronto. Expect more of Larson as he's the head of OneSoccer content and certainly won't be taking himself off the air.
I'm telling you, just put on some awesome music for Cavs games and then put on the Benny Hill theme for all other teams. It's much better.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge