Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #181
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The latest released look at Snoke

Some one de scared him on reddit

OMG Snoke is

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #182
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

He looks like a broken image? That's scary as hell.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:05 PM   #183
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://imgur.com/a/W59JM

New leaked Lego sets from Ep8.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #184
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

The First Order Strikes Back

Last edited by Ashasx; 07-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #185
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Spoiler!

The First Order Strikes Back
I don't think that's a snow planet, but the 'red dust' planet from the teaser trailer. You can see the walkers off in the distance.

Spoiler!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #186
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

hmm you are probably right.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #187
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I don't think that's a snow planet, but the 'red dust' planet from the teaser trailer. You can see the walkers off in the distance.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #188
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The latest released look at Snoke

Some one de scared him on reddit

OMG Snoke is
JIGSAW FROM SAW!!!!!!

Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #189
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's the albino raisin from the California Raisins. He was on all the songs, but they wouldn't let him appear in public.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #190
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Hmm...I was under the impression that Snoke was going to be a non-human alien.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #191
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
This is incorrect, int the Force Awakens novel he is a humanoid Alien.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #192
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Also they keep talking about him being 7 to 8 feet tall.

I'm still on the theory that Snoke has as much force sensitivity as I have super powers and he's going to end up being killed by Kylo

Old 07-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #193
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm still on the theory that Snoke has as much force sensitivity as I have super powers and he's going to end up being killed by Kylo
It think that would be really boring and disappointing.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #194
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am wondering if in any of the sequels we will be seeing a Force ghost of Anakin. I could see if he showed up and told Kylo Ren he didn't like the path he had chosen that would probably be a huge trigger for a Kylo Ren meltdown.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #195
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
It think that would be really boring and disappointing.
Unless he learned the sith raise the dead trick, brings anakin back to life and turns him back to the dark side. No grandparent will say no to their grandkid.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #196
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

There is nothing out there saying he isn't a 7-8 foot tall humanoid alien. Everything in the canon points to this.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #197
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
There is nothing out there saying he isn't a 7-8 foot tall humanoid alien. Everything in the canon points to this.
Its kind of weird for me, because I just can't get into the Disney novels or NuEU. They books have actually been painful to read and the Aftermath novels, I read the second one and I still haven't bought the third one because the story was just not intriguing.

I guess I got spoiled by some of the novels in the now legends EU, especially some of the old republic stuff (Bane Novels), the Clone War era stuff was really pretty good and they had over the years gotten some amazing writers to participate.

But the new stuff, just doesn't resonate for me.

I'm honestly hoping that there's no redemption for Kylo and he goes from whatever he is now to actually becoming a Sith Lord. Mainly because I don't believe that Snoke is a Sith, and Kylo is going to kill him to ascend to mastery and the question is does this story become a battle between Luke and Kyle for Rey's soul.

I'm also hoping that we don't get a force ghost Anakin, I don't see where he would be a guide for Kylo, even though we did hear Obi-Wans voice in TFA.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #198
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its kind of weird for me, because I just can't get into the Disney novels or NuEU. They books have actually been painful to read and the Aftermath novels, I read the second one and I still haven't bought the third one because the story was just not intriguing.

I guess I got spoiled by some of the novels in the now legends EU, especially some of the old republic stuff (Bane Novels), the Clone War era stuff was really pretty good and they had over the years gotten some amazing writers to participate.

But the new stuff, just doesn't resonate for me.

I'm honestly hoping that there's no redemption for Kylo and he goes from whatever he is now to actually becoming a Sith Lord. Mainly because I don't believe that Snoke is a Sith, and Kylo is going to kill him to ascend to mastery and the question is does this story become a battle between Luke and Kyle for Rey's soul.

I'm also hoping that we don't get a force ghost Anakin, I don't see where he would be a guide for Kylo, even though we did hear Obi-Wans voice in TFA.

heh... just had an image pop into my head...

kylo is trying to make an important 'plot' decision and "poof"... over his right shoulder appears a little angel anakin, then "poof" over his left shoulder appears a dark anakin and they all get into an argument and kylo throws a hissy fit and starts hacking up stuff with his light sabre

ha!
Old 07-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #199
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think an Anakin force ghost would be necessarily a good guide for Kylo, but I think Anakin could throw a wrench into whatever Kylo has believed most of his life. I can't speculate what Kylo knows of Vader. For all we know, he may have only heard of him and his lineage through Snoke, and has no idea that Vader was eventually redeemed at the end. A conversation with a ghost Anakin might even piss off Kylo so much that he rage kills and draws closer to the dark side.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #200
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To me, if they just have Snoke as this super power force user that trains and uses Kylo, then we're just following the path of the previous trilogies.

In the OT/PT, Vader wasn't the primary villain, he was a sad broken man who basically embraced his fate and did evil because he believed that maybe he couldn't be redeemed so why even try.

So what did he do, he felt that his actions would eventually lead to a peaceful galaxy and he'd find a way to kill his tormentor in Palpatine and take his place as the Ruler of the Galaxy. From there he would ensure peace ruthlessly.

In a way that was completely Anakin who was straight forward and even ruthless as a Jedi.

Is this the path that we're taking again with Kylo basically being twisted and Subverted by a Force being that promised him power?

We even heard the same language by Hux in his speech before they fired the Death Star III.

Quote:
Today is the end of the Republic. The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder. At this very moment in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the First Order and will remember this as the last day of the Republic!

Palpatine's speech to the Senate after the end of the Clone Wars

Quote:
The New Order of peace has triumphed over the shadowy secrecy of shameful magicians. The direction of our course is clear. I will lead the Empire to glories beyond imagining.
We have been tested, but we have emerged stronger. We move forward as one people: the Imperial citizens of the first Galactic Empire. We will prevail. Ten thousand years of peace begins today.
Why was Kylo turned, I'm assuming that we'll find out in the next movie. What was his terrible choice.

For Anakin, the big one was that he wanted power, power to save his wife from death. But at the heart of it, Anakin was always a slave. He was a slave as a child, a slave to the Jedi and finally a slave to Palpatine. But his real turn was caused by what he felt was being betrayed by Jedi who no longer followed the Jedi Ideals that I believe he cherished.

Why would Kylo turn on his uncle? Did he feel betrayed by the order? Was he bullied and given Jedi wedgies from across the room? Because if the justification was merely I wanted to follow in my grandfather's footsteps that's not enough.

At least for me.

So that's why I have that scenario in mind, that Snoke isn't what everyone believes he is. I mean realistically Kylo in that movie wasn't all that powerful or even well trained. Sure he was a bully against a guy that couldn't use the force. But that's not true power. Against Rey, she beat him on more then one occassion. Even the act of murdering his father which should have cemented him to the darkside didn't really make him more powerful.

So how much training did Snoke give him. Or did Snoke basically give him some books.

So what if Snoke is just a political opportunist? What if he knows the levers of political power and the power of the lie. "Oh no my young apprentice, the most powerful Sith learned their own way. Its the Sith Way".

So if that's the case then what happens when Kylo finds out to his disappointment that Snoke is just a guy with some parlor tricks and nice pointy toed shoes? A guy that's no good to him in terms of his path to power?

What I would love, love love to see would be Kylo finding a holocron with Palpatine on it, and Palpatine trains him to be a Sith.

What I don't really want to see either is some path that leads to Kyle simply renouncing the darkside and coming back to the light. Because if that happens, if everytime someone in the movies goes dark they come back to the light due to one loving friend of relative. Then Yoda's quote about what the Dark Side is, becomes meaningless.