Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #441
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjcsjc62 View Post
I also agree. I understand that the "spoiler" in question is a relatively minor one, or a grey area.

But as a loyal fan of the show who never misses an episode, and a regular follower of this thread, the only reason I know King Zeke and his tiger exist is because of this thread. And I was disappointed when it came up.
Do people watch a different AMC than I do? You literally couldn't watch that channel over the past 3 weeks without seeing these previews.

PVRing I get, but that's more on the person choosing that method of viewing.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #442
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Do people watch a different AMC than I do? You literally couldn't watch that channel over the past 3 weeks without seeing these previews.

I even get it as popup adds when browsing the Internet.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #443
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

If it is on TV it isn't a spoiler IMHO.
Talking about what is hinted in the previews and discussions on TD is part of what generates good talk about the show.
If people are going that far to stay away from spoilers, then why on earth would they even risk coming into a thread like this?
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #444
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
If it is on TV it isn't a spoiler IMHO.
Talking about what is hinted in the previews and discussions on TD is part of what generates good talk about the show.
If people are going that far to stay away from spoilers, then why on earth would they even risk coming into a thread like this?
We finally agree on something! Jays season must be over or something.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 10-25-2016 at 04:42 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #445
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The vote looks pretty unanimous anyway.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #446
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
We finally agree on something! Jays season must be over or something.
Hmmm perhaps I need to reconsider my position on this matter.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #447
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post

Walking Dead is the only show I watch on AMC, and we have it PVR'd. We always start 20 minutes late and skip the bazillion ads.

I think the "It's an officially released thing that you can see on TV and all over the place!" argument is pretty poor. There's lots of trailers that have had huge spoilers in them over the years. Terminator Genisys had a huge spoiler ruined in one of it's trailers, and one of the last TV spots for Star Trek Beyond gave it's villain twist away. I think people would've been pretty angry if they were in a general discussion thread before the movie came out and those spoilers were openly discussed without spoiler tags because they were in a trailer.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #448
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Walking Dead is the only show I watch on AMC, and we have it PVR'd. We always start 20 minutes late and skip the bazillion ads.

I think the "It's an officially released thing that you can see on TV and all over the place!" argument is pretty poor. There's lots of trailers that have had huge spoilers in them over the years. Terminator Genisys had a huge spoiler ruined in one of it's trailers, and one of the last TV spots for Star Trek Beyond gave it's villain twist away. I think people would've been pretty angry if they were in a general discussion thread before the movie came out and those spoilers were openly discussed without spoiler tags because they were in a trailer.
If folks were in a general discussion thread about something not that, yeah...I can see where they'd be a bit choked.

But if someone's in a general discussion thread about that and only that topic...the trailer/teaser is just about the only thing that's going to BE talked about when it hits.

I guess this breaks down into what people expect of the thread itself. If I go into the BvS thread, I expect talk/trailers and conjecture about that (remember the big spoiler in the last trailer in that one?). If I go into the Rogue One thread, I expect talk/trailers and conjecture about that. If I go into the TWD "TV" thread, I expect talk/trailers and conjecture about that. If I go into the Funny and Cool Pictures thread...I don't expect spoilers there.

This seems to come down to what people think a spoiler is, and how far other folks should go to accommodate them. Before this thread, I have never heard of (officially released/sanctioned) Season or Episode previews or commercials to be "spoilers". I would never have thought that someone would record a show on a 20 minute time delay to skip commercials or that folks would skip the "on the next episode!" bits. I can see where those could be considered spoilers to some extent...but I'd never have thought of that myself.

Complicating this is that that level of spoiler is directly in the medium itself. As has been pointed out...anyone who's watched AMC at all over the last month has seen their tv spot for it. Heck, I've seen the tv spots, and I DON"T watch AMC.

I'm also kinda wondering why, after 7 seasons, this is an issue...now. Haven't previous "on the next episode" or season teasers been discussed before? My memory's a bit fuzzy and I don't feel like searching the thread...but are we 7 seasons in and this is actually NOW an issue?

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 10-25-2016 at 06:46 PM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:07 PM   #449
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Just to expand on why Talking Dead is in the first post as potential spoiler- on more than one occasion I have heard them accidentally slip a comic spoiler into their conversation. However I agree that an officially sanctioned preview is quite different from something slipped into a conversation.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #450
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

They also intentionally note what was similar and what was different from the comic - at least, they did this week, which is the only time I've ever watched a full episode of Talking Dead. Someone told me I should definitely watch it because the entire cast was on. It turned out to be kind of a waste of time, really. Not sure I'll bother again.

Anyway, personally, I'm fine with this standard if that's what everyone wants to go by, and it's clear to everyone what they're getting into when they open the thread.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #451
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sooo about this Ezekiel guy and his pet Tiger. I think it looks stupid already and I've only seen the clip once. I hope they don't ruin the show with this waste of a character.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #452
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it a zombie tiger? Haha honestly I never kept up with this show since a few seasons ago, but watched the premiere and reeled me back in a bit. I thought that (greg?) always had a horseshoe up his bum in past seasons, so as brutal as it was I kinda laughed
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #453
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Sooo about this Ezekiel guy and his pet Tiger. I think it looks stupid already and I've only seen the clip once. I hope they don't ruin the show with this waste of a character.
An attitude like this is how you get fed to the tiger.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #454
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm mostly confused why knowing some guy has a tiger even matters or what it spoiled .

I guess maybe you thought all the Tigers in the world were dead
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #455
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Tiger or the fella?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:50 PM   #456
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Both. I don't see how a jungle king who supposedly has captured and trained a tiger has any relevance or business being in a show about people running away from zombies in North East USA. It just feels like they introduced another character from another comic into this show. A pet tiger? Really? Lame....cause I really like how everything has played out up to now.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #457
Guest1

Can I discuss an Easter Egg?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #458
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Both. I don't see how a jungle king who supposedly has captured and trained a tiger has any relevance or business being in a show about people running away from zombies in North East USA. It just feels like they introduced another character from another comic into this show. A pet tiger? Really? Lame....cause I really like how everything has played out up to now.
The lion is the king of the jungle, not the tiger.

It is a character from a comic
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #459
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Can I discuss an Easter Egg?
As long as it is not painted with spoilers.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 AM   #460
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
They also intentionally note what was similar and what was different from the comic - at least, they did this week, which is the only time I've ever watched a full episode of Talking Dead. Someone told me I should definitely watch it because the entire cast was on. It turned out to be kind of a waste of time, really. Not sure I'll bother again.

Anyway, personally, I'm fine with this standard if that's what everyone wants to go by, and it's clear to everyone what they're getting into when they open the thread.
Really? My wife and I just watched it tonight and it was really a lot of fun. I enjoy a bit of watching these people who have been working together for 7 years come out and let loose a little bit.

Norman Reedus was drinking wine, Micheal Cudlitz came out and lit up a stogie and had a flask and then JDM came out worried that everyone was going to be mad at him and the whole time it was raining and they held it outdoors in a cemetery.

I thought it was really cool actually. Just a bit of fun in an otherwise fairly dark show.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote