Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #221
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Maul was badass. You know he's eventually going to have to disappear near the end of season 3 as well though. But how big of a wrench can he throw into eveyones cogs is going to be fun to watch.

Kind of love the fact he scoffed at the spinning bow sabers with his old school staff saber. Spinning blades of doom? Nah, here's how you spin these things, right into your chest!

A Maul/Vader duel needs to be on tap too. That one could be epic as two Palpatine trained Sith lords go toe to toe.
Maul is more a force of nature and rage then a real Sith Lord to me, He is extremely skilled and probably pretty powerful, but he doesn't have the dicipline of a Sith or the coldness of a Sith.

As much as he talked about the Sith taking everything away from him including his brother. He failed to learn one of the biggest strengths of a true Sith and that's guile combined with patience.

He called a lot of attention to himself in Clone Wars and it lead to his brother's execution and his enslavement.

He didn't show patience in the temple and it cost him the holocron and a possible apprentice.

I tend to believe that Maul is pretty much in the same kind of class as Ahsokha was. But with Vader the difference is that Maul is a rival and a true enemy, he's also fairly old. I think that Vader would pretty much wipe the floor with him.

Kenobi in a one on one situation with Maul pretty much kicked the crap out of him.

But I do agree that Maul will have to meet his destiny. Palpatine won't let him run around causing chaos in the new order.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #222
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm not sure that it proves outright that she's alive, Filoni is a weird one in terms of using visual symbology.

I just don't see the benefits to her being alive. There's no point in her really fighting Vader again, she clearly can't redeem her and the emotional impact was in the first duel.

I think that her being involved more heavily in Ezra's life would take the focus off of the Kanaan Ezra relationship. And lets say Ezra goes dark and suddenly she shows up to help redeem him it really makes Kanaan kind of useless.

We are in the twilight not only of the Apprentice but of the Jedi. Tarkin knew about Tano and he knew about Kanaan and Ezra, yet on the Death Star he acknowledges that Vader is the last of that religion, that to me indicates a certainty that there are no more Jedi out there.

I doubt we see her again. They might do something in book or comic form, but she's a link to the Clone Wars that isn't needed.

We'll have to wait and see though.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:14 AM   #223
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Maul was very much trained as a tool for Palpatine, he was never meant to be much more then an assassin. So much in fact that when Plagueis discovered Maul he didn't see it as an issue and commended old Sheev for his dedication to the cause.

Maul has become a great character despite the roundabout way in which he was brought back into things after being eviscerated by Kenobi.... dragged his mangled ass into a trash container only to be dumped on a junk planet, and all without legs.
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:22 AM   #224
Keselke
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Knew it, she is alive, and walking out. but the question now, how does she leave the planet? wait wait wait.... there's still 3 or 2 Inquisitor ships (depending on if Maul hijacked one as well) in that area. One just on the other side of that thing they showed in that link. The one that Chopper used to subdue the new inquisitor.
"The barcode door that Ahsoka walked through at the end of the episode was in fact not taking her out of the underground area, but actually into the lower levels which Ezra and Maul were wandering through earlier"

I am so fulfilled with many things in my life that it would be pathetic to seek schadenfreude over something as silly as a sports game.

Last edited by Keselke; 04-02-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Keselke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #225
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Dude, you still use ICQ?

I loved that program, Uh oh!
Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #226
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
Maul was very much trained as a tool for Palpatine, he was never meant to be much more then an assassin. So much in fact that when Plagueis discovered Maul he didn't see it as an issue and commended old Sheev for his dedication to the cause.

Maul has become a great character despite the roundabout way in which he was brought back into things after being eviscerated by Kenobi.... dragged his mangled ass into a trash container only to be dumped on a junk planet, and all without legs.
Maul had one of the great villain moments in Clone Wars when he executed Kenobi's love in front of him, and then ordered Obi-Wan to live with it forever.

He also had one of the real bad character moments when he faced Palpatine and ended up begging for his life after Palpatine killed his brother and then easily beat the crap out of him.

Quote:
Darth Maul: Have mercy... please, please!
Darth Sidious: There is no mercy.
[Shocks Maul with force lightning]
Darth Sidious: Do not worry... I'm not going to kill you. I have "other" uses for you.
[laughs manically]

I would love to have a Maul episode where we see what happened to Maul between the Clone Wars and Rebels.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:28 PM   #227
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Also when we see that bird in the previous episode the Empire's music is playing as it flys over head.. I thought that somehow had to be a tip. But we hear different music when it is flying at the end of the finale, more up beat music.. is that anyone's theme song?
Old 04-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #228
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Filoni talked about the bird, it showed up in Clone Wars when Ahsoka was hunted by Trandoshians or however you spell them.

Its almost like its her spirit guide.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #229
hixxes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Loved that last episode! That was a pretty cool season. Can't wait for season 3.
To be shot down in Flames!

hixxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #230
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bumpity bump

Some tid bits from Filoni on next season. It sounds like we'll learn more about Maul and what happened to him between the Clone Wars and his encounter with Ezra

Also don't expect any more clarity concerning Ahsoka in season three.

http://christiandaily.com/article/st...soka/51810.htm

Old 05-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #231
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

lol
wasn't expecting an star wars cartoon update on a site called christiandaily.com!
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #232
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Didn't even think of it.

lol

Old 05-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #233
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone from the EU is making an appearance in Rebels (possibly).

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2016/...r-wars-rebels/

Quote:
At this point, it is literally impossible to tell which Star Wars novel Filoni is teasing in his tweet, but if he is in fact bringing in a Star Wars Legend (formerly Extended Universe) character to Star Wars Rebels, then Timothy Zahn’s Grand Admiral Thrawn would make the most sense.

However, there is one more Star Wars Legend that could make an appearance in Rebels, and that’s the character of Revan.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #234
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was never a big fan of Thrawn, he was on the continuous end of a constant stream of utter a$$ kickings while continually misjudging things in the Thrawn Trilogy.

Pretty much every battle that was documented with the exception of a couple of minor encounters he lost and lost badly.

To me he was like the Cobra Commander of the GFFA at the time shaking his fist and yelling "I'll get you next time Rebel Alliance" as he retreated from battle.

I would hope that they retcon Thrawn into the new Canon in Rebels as a guy who's a complete utter threat to wipe out the Rebellion.

As far as Revan I really liked his character right up the the Shadow of Revan chapter of SWTOR, but he became over used, I also didn't like that his first fall that made him the pseudo threat in TOR was accounted to basically mind control by the Sith Emperor.

But his story of his rise as a Jedi and fall to Sith and then redemption is a classic Star Wars theme.

As far as his introduction, now that Ezra has the first Sith Holocron, and he's on a track for knowledge, I would assume that he wants to chase down more bits of knowledge and he tracks down Revan's Sith Holocron. however in the legends EU that was destroyed by Darth Bane (Canon) when he found it and learned all he could from it. But that's easy enough to change.

I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith. Those who use the dark side are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith. The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation. The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish."

―Darth Revan's avatar, to Darth Bane

True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation. There can be no compromise. Mercy, compassion, loyalty: all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours. Those who follow the dark side must cast aside these conceits. Those who do not—those who try to walk the path of moderation—will fail, dragged down by their own weakness. Those who accept the power of the dark side must also accept the challenge of holding on to it. By its very nature the dark side invites rivalry and strife. This is the greatest strength of the Sith: it culls the weak from our order. Yet this rivalry can also be our greatest weakness. The strong must be careful lest they be overwhelmed by the ambitions of those working beneath them in concert. Any master who instructs more than one apprentice in the ways of the dark side is a fool. In time, the apprentices will unite their strengths and overthrow the master. It is inevitable; axiomatic. That is why each Master must have only one student."

―Darth Revan's avatar, to Darth Bane[src]

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord. The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side. If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle. The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve. This is the way it must be. My time here is ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well."

―Darth Revan's avatar, to Darth Bane[src]

Old 07-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #235
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
A recent interview with “Star Wars Rebels” producer Simon Kinberg included a hint that the television series might not be as narratively isolated as we once thought. In fact, there’s a chance that certain elements from the series might find their way into mainstream “Star Wars” films, or vice versa.
Quote:
“What’s lovely is, obviously, we’ve brought in characters from ‘Clone Wars’ in the second season, and we keep sort of bringing characters from the original movies and sort of deepening the relationships between our core characters, the Ghost crew,” said Kinberg. “So it’s trying to balance the two different things, like the original cast from the first season with ‘Clone Wars,’ with characters from the original movies, and maybe even feeding into future movies.”
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...movie-tie-ins/
Old 07-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #236
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ezra is Snoke.

Also for anyone looking for some fun Star Wars, they launched a new Lego series called the Freemakers adventures the Disney Channel. I really enjoy the Lego series because of the villains. Lego Palpatine and Lego Vader are hilarious.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #237
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

c'mon man.

I already get enough grief from my wife for watching a star wars cartoon on a disney channel.

No way I'd ever hear the end of it if I started watching a cartoon lego starwars series!
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #238
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I watched the first episode of the new Lego Star wars, and for the most part it was pretty cheesy, but the first part of the Episode featured Vader showing the new more powerful death star to the Emperor and some Imperial Officers. Palpatine then cruely wondered what happened to the first death star and then showed a replay while basically calling Vader an incompetant boob.

The Palpatine in Robot Chicken and in the Lego Star Wars series is just really funny, they really upped the just a complete jerk factor by 100.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #239
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

First scenes from next season @ 3:40

Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #240
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Great clip and pretty interesting, first of all because Hondo is one of the best characters from TCW and Rebels.

But the Ezra change is really interesting. First of all, they went out of their way to really age him, he looks a lot more severe. Second of all, its clear that he's been training. Now I really wonder how much of that came from Kanaan and what was on the Sith Holocron that he opened.

At the end of last year, the crew was really left without a mission, unlike the previous years. With Ashoka gone or dead and Kanaan blinded, It looks like Ezra is taking a leadership role. Does he do the very Sith thing and go on the attack to protect his friends?