Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should the Flames bring back Treliving
Yes 259 38.89%
No 17 2.55%
This is so obviously yes it shouldn't be a poll question 390 58.56%
Voters: 666. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #161
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I'm saying we shouldn't sign any old UFA goalies long term who haven't posted much better numbers than Elliot did before coming here.

So unless Bishop will sign a two year contract, just stay the course with Elliot, sign him for cheap and on a short term deal and don't let three bad games erase half a season of spectacular play.

We have a good goalie prospect on deck.
Okay, I'm on board with that then. I think Elliot is better than he showed this series. If we can sign him to a 2-3 year deal at a reasonable cap hit, I'm happy to hold on to him.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #162
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Honest question as I really don't know, but when the Flames made the playoffs in 2015 how much of that was Trevlings team and how much was the previous regime? I'm genuinely curious.

I think he'll be back. He was a good GM
Old 04-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #163
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only thing this forum may be unanimous on is support for Treliving. This poll is unreal.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #164
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
The only thing this forum may be unanimous on is support for Treliving. This poll is unreal.
The entire hockey world would stop in their tracks, point and laugh at the Flames if Treliving is not extended.

If the Flames choose to walk away from one of the most highly regarded up and coming managers in the hockey world...well, I'm not sure what I'd do. I feel like it would confirm all those "Flames have meddling owners" jibber jabber that we've all kind of heard for so many years.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #165
FlamingLonghorn
First Line Centre

Exp:

What if Tre chooses to sign with another team? That's a risk for not negotiating a contract sooner. Buffalo has an opening already and there will be more.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamingLonghorn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #166
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I'm saying we shouldn't sign any old UFA goalies long term who haven't posted much better numbers than Elliot did before coming here.

So unless Bishop will sign a two year contract, just stay the course with Elliot, sign him for cheap and on a short term deal and don't let three bad games erase half a season of spectacular play.

We have a good goalie prospect on deck.
To be fair it wasn't just 3 bad games. Elliot was the worst goaltender in the league the first 3ish months.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahan For Mayor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #167
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingLonghorn View Post
What if Tre chooses to sign with another team? That's a risk for not negotiating a contract sooner. Buffalo has an opening already and there will be more.
This would strike me as unlikely unless there was something foul with the organization that had caused him to sour on the Flames. He's beginning to put his stamp on this team and is no doubt somewhat emotionally invested at this point, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't seek to continue chipping away at the project. I'd presumed that if Treliving didn't want to come back, that it would be for some non-hockey related reason (...taking command of Boston Pizza? I don't know).

There isn't much debate at this point. It's pretty much unanimous that the man needs to be back. If he doesn't return, and it's deliberate on the Flames part, my commitment to the franchise will suffer for it.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #168
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If the Flames don't re sign Tre, the city can kiss Boston pizza good bye. Haha
Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #169
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Honest question as I really don't know, but when the Flames made the playoffs in 2015 how much of that was Trevlings team and how much was the previous regime? I'm genuinely curious.

I think he'll be back. He was a good GM
Most of that team was in place. Raymond, Engellend, Hiller, Schlemko, Bennett ( joined team at the end of the season)
Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #170
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Most of that team was in place. Raymond, Engellend, Hiller, Schlemko, Bennett ( joined team at the end of the season)
Hiller takes a lot of flack but he was pretty good that one season and a big reason that team made the playoffs but other than that it was Feaster's team that took a step forward under a head coach that was already in place.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #171
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
To be fair it wasn't just 3 bad games. Elliot was the worst goaltender in the league the first 3ish months.
and its costs a 3rd to bring him back...no ####ing way
Old 04-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #172
daredevil
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Been sitting on this for a while (mods can PM for source if they wish).

I've been told the only reason why a new contract hasn't been signed is that Treliving wants assurance from ownership that King will stop meddling in hockey ops decisions.

He and Burke have a good working relationship but King insists on being the final approval on deals.

The most recent example I was given:
Apparently at the deadline a deal was made for Bishop but they needed Kings approval to proceed. They were given 15 mins to finalize by Yzerman. They tried to reach King on the phone and couldn't get him within the window, so he was dealt to LA.

Take for what it's worth (not a Julius example).
Old 04-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #173
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tre isn't going anywhere. His contract runs to the end of June. Only way any team gets to talk to Treliving is if the Flames allow it. If that is the case than they have made the decision to move on. Any team needing a GM ins't going to wait until after the expansion draft and after the entry draft and the start of FA to get a chance to talk to Treliving. The summer is where the majority of the work is done for the season.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #174
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil View Post

I've been told the only reason why a new contract hasn't been signed is that Treliving wants assurance from ownership that King will stop meddling in hockey ops decisions.

He and Burke have a good working relationship but King insists on being the final approval on deals.

Apparently at the deadline a deal was made for Bishop but they needed Kings approval to proceed. They were given 15 mins to finalize by Yzerman. They tried to reach King on the phone and couldn't get him within the window, so he was dealt to LA.

If true that is absolutely insane...especially with how the playoffs went

Can you imagine Bishop in goal for games 3 and 4?

faaaaaaaaaaaaack
Old 04-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #175
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ken King needs to close power point on his laptop and get started with Burke on getting Treliving extended right friggin now.

Flames have a policy to re-evaluate GM's after the season is over? Seems a little arbitrary and I'm not sure what else they needed to see from BT but fine, policies are policies. Season is over though, get this done within a week so BT can get to work making the team better.

EDIT: King was probably too busy bullying 19 year old employees at the Calgary Golf and Country Club to take that call on Trade Deadline Day. What a maroon.

Last edited by DiracSpike; 04-20-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #176
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

*sigh*
Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #177
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus, this has been an issue for a long time.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #178
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I don't know if I trust this. The trade deadline was when Elliott was playing his best hockey of the season. We already had Johnson... so why are we trading anything for Bishop?
Old 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #179
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

If that has some truth to it...

Old 04-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #180
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Ha ha ha. Oh boy. I will take this with a grain of salt but if there's any truth to this it's time for King to go. I will say the timing of a Bishop trade would have been odd as that's when Elliott was on fire and the Flames are already missing their 2nd (I believe the Lazar trade was completed prior to the Bishop trade) and 3rd round picks from this year's draft. Also if King's blessing was required I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have been 100% available the entire time until completion of the deadline.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 04-20-2017 at 01:18 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread