Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #41
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Dumba NTC kicks in next season. Firming things up to make a move.
Make the move first and keep your flexibility? As people are pointing out, it's not shaping up to be a player's market when it comes to negotiating salaries.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #42
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
So he's 3 years younger, smaller, less physical, better defensively, better offensively, and actually a completely different person than Hamonic?
I feel like I am giving a remedial class in player comparisons.

Brodin and Hamonic have identical roles and styles in their hockey careers. A some what knowledgeable hockey fan that is involved enough to put out their opinions on a public forum would say:

Yes I can see that the closest thing that the Flames have had over the last 3 years is Hamonic. Maybe Brodin is a touch better but they serve pretty much the identical role. Brodin has had more accomplished partner in Dumba but Hanifin is not that bad.

They both rank the same on their team and are most responsible for stopping scoring chance than creating them.

Over the last 3 years that Hamonic was a Flame this is how they compare statistically:

stat - hamonic - brodin
games - 193 - 224
goals - 11 - 12
assists - 31 - 55
pts - 42 - 67
ppg - .22 - .30
shots - 318 - 291
shots/gm - 1.65 - 1.30
+/- - +9 - +23
TOI - 20:53 - 21:12
hits - 166 - 136
hits/game - .86 - .61
blk shots - 401 - 386
blk sh / game - 2.08 - 1.72
PP TOI - .07 - :28
PK TOI/gm - 2:54 - 2:11
SAT% - 51.8 - 49
USAT% - 51.4 - 50.3
OZ% - 49.4 - 46.2

They both have the least OZ% on their teams are near the top of PK and near the Bottom of PP

They both are top shot blockers on their teams and the lowest scoring of the significant d-men.

The wacky professor made yet another invalid assumption. I would be shocked if Hamonic signs for more than a 3x3 and likely less.

I think that the Wild paid way too much for a solid player that does not any specific elite skill above what a journeyman like Forbort can bring.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #43
Beatle17
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
From Eric Francis:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1305933955623919616

Do we agree that based on the comparison of the two, that Brodie would command more than Brodin on the UFA market?
Francis is like an Oiler fan, "more scoring stats so he must be a better player" mentality. Brodie is good but Brodin is better and younger.
Beatle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #44
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Make the move first and keep your flexibility? As people are pointing out, it's not shaping up to be a player's market when it comes to negotiating salaries.
When next season starts, while Brodin still has a year left, Dumba’s NTC kicks in. How does waiting a few weeks to sign Brodin after trading Dumba offer them additional flexibility?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:38 AM   #45
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
I feel like I am giving a remedial class in player comparisons.

Brodin and Hamonic have identical roles and styles in their hockey careers. A some what knowledgeable hockey fan that is involved enough to put out their opinions on a public forum would say:
You must have a lot of friends.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #46
iggyloob12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't read Francis's tweet as suggesting Brodie will be paid more than Brodin but that the contract increases Brodie's worth because it shifts the overall market for d-men.
iggyloob12 is offline   Reply With Quote