Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:
Knights WCF - Vegas Golden Knights (1) vs. Dallas Stars (3) - Stars Win Series 4-1

SERIES PREVIEW

Sportsnet's NHL coverage

Full Game Schedule

My prediction: Knights in 6 tight games. Dallas will put up a good fight but Vegas will ultimately prevail.

Last edited by Mathgod; 09-14-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Mathgod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mathgod For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 11:14 PM   #2
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knights in 5
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh look, the expansion team with two division titles and and two trips to the western conference finals in three years and will probably win and be in their second cup finals in three seasons too.

Awesome. Really glad theyre having so much success they really ####ing earned it with their 500 million pay off. Its the way dynasty's are supposed to be built wooooo go vegas!!
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #4
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

The stars just had a rookie with one career NHL goal put up a hat trick in game 7 against the avs. along with all their big names everyone knows they also have Gurianov who is tied for most goals amongst players still in the playoffs.

I think this series goes 7 and Dallas moves on to lose to TB in the final.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:20 PM   #5
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I don't like either of these two teams. Truly do not care as long as the East team ultimately wins.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #6
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Glad for a series where I really dont care either way which team wins. Maybe slightly in favor of the Stars due to the injustice of an expansion team having way too much success too soon but I'm good either way.

Here's to lots of multiple overtime games pls.
greyshep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #7
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Oh look, the expansion team with two division titles and and two trips to the western conference finals in three years and will probably win and be in their second cup finals in three seasons too.

Awesome. Really glad theyre having so much success they really ####ing earned it with their 500 million pay off. Its the way dynasty's are supposed to be built wooooo go vegas!!
Lol makes me laugh that people whine about this when the NHL handed them nothing. Their success has little to do with the expansion rules and everything to do with ####ty GMs of other teams.

Blame the GMs that protected the wrong people (Anaheim-Theodore, Florida-Smith/Marchessault) and made stupid moves to give Vegas extra picks to unload salary. (Great list here-
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...gret-rankings/ )

I have no issue with the Knights actually having success. Shows other NHL teams that if you actually use cap space as an asset and aren’t afraid to make bold moves that you can build a winner.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 09-05-2020 at 08:54 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 11:42 PM   #8
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Lol makes me laugh that people whine about this when the NHL handed them nothing. Their success has little to do with the expansion rules and everything to do with ####ty GMs of other teams.

Blame the GMs that protected the wrong people (Anaheim-Theodore, Florida-Smith/Marchessault) and made stupid moves to give Vegas extra picks to unload salary. (Great list here-https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/goes-brown-nhl-expansion-draft-regret-rankings/)

I have no issue with the Knights actually having success. Shows other NHL teams that if you actually use cap space as an asset and aren’t afraid to make bold moves that you can build a winner.
come on now...compare it with the old rules

Only being able to protect one goalie and 3 D is crazy
Old 09-04-2020, 11:50 PM   #9
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
come on now...compare it with the old rules

Only being able to protect one goalie and 3 D is crazy
Is it easier than the old expansion rules? 100%, and IMO that’s fair to the new team. It’s stupid marketing by sports leagues to introduce a new market and make then suck for 5 years.

But Is it the reason they are in the Western Finals twice in three years? Nope you can blame Anaheim, Florida, Islanders, Columbus, and Minnesota for that.

Honestly go look at the list of players Vegas would have gotten if no team decided to trade with them and just let them take a player. The team would have not been a playoff team at all.

It also just shows it’s easier to be an expansion team in the cap era, especially in an attractive market. Having cap space to go get guys like Pacioretty, Statsny, and Stone hasn’t hurt either, and they were able to convince them all to sign long term since Vegas is an attractive location.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 09-04-2020 at 11:54 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2020, 12:02 AM   #10
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the aves has won, I could have seen them give the knights a run. Find it difficult to consider Stars winning this series, unfortunately.

Knights in 6.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:02 AM   #11
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the aves has won, I could have seen them give the knights a run. Find it difficult to consider Stars winning this series, unfortunately.

Knights in 6.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:10 AM   #12
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Blame the GMs that protected the wrong people (Anaheim-Theodore, Florida-Smith/Marchessault) and made stupid moves to give Vegas extra picks to unload salary. (Great list here-https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/goes-brown-nhl-expansion-draft-regret-rankings/)

Me either, McPhee did a great job building his top 9 and D after the first season and wasn't afraid to give up his top D prospect to get a top 15 winger, Treliving could have had Stone if he had the "stones" to put Valimaki in the proposal but it seems that he's like his dad and needs to win every deal outright or he passes.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:29 AM   #13
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knights in 4. They win every game by 3 goals.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2020, 12:33 AM   #14
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stars in 6.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:42 AM   #15
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knights in 6.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:47 AM   #16
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Me either, McPhee did a great job building his top 9 and D after the first season and wasn't afraid to give up his top D prospect to get a top 15 winger, Treliving could have had Stone if he had the "stones" to put Valimaki in the proposal but it seems that he's like his dad and needs to win every deal outright or he passes.
Very different deals at play there though.

Knights gave up a mid-first prospect and a second for a winger who wanted to sign only in Vegas.

Calgary was looking potentially at Valimaki AND Andersson based on what we heard at the time for a rental of Stone.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2020, 12:58 AM   #17
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

As annoying as it is that Vegas has so much success so early I just can't cheer for the team with Benn and Perry on it.

I wonder who Benn is going to injure this series?
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:05 AM   #18
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Calgary wouldn’t have had Stone this year. He would have gone UFA.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:35 AM   #19
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hope the Knights have good protection down there, big bad Benn will be lurking.

If Vegas can make him cry like Marchand/Smyth then I'll cheer for them in the finals.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:38 AM   #20
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

lol bull####.

####ing horse#### league handing an expansion team a contender right out of the gate. What a clown show.

You just watch when Seattle does the same goddamn thing. No building through the draft like every other team has to do. Get to build by stealing assets that every other team in the league has been collecting for years.

Should have named them the Vegas Pirates.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote