Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #41
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like every recent season of Big Brother is as follows:

1. Big alliance forms first week.
2. Outsiders fail to recognize that there is a big alliance and get picked off one by one.
3. Real game only starts when big alliance members turn on each other.

Was hoping an all-returnees season would be different, what a letdown so far. Thought the bigger targets would take notes from the most recent season of Survivor and band together.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #42
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Memphis told people to use their safety suite key and it's pretty obvious when a few people don't and don't go up on the block that they are very likely working together. I don't understand how the other side of the house can't figure out what's going on. Regardless I imagine Tyler will put up Janelle and Kaysar up as it will be the easy thing to do but the numbers on that side are already dwindling and they better catch on fast to the alliance or it's going to play out like every other season.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-23-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:05 PM   #43
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was Memphis this arrogant on his first season or is this a new development?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:56 PM   #44
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

David is absolutely horrible at this game. Waste of a spot

Day and Bay have to know slick six is BS after that leak.

I'm guessing Cody's alliance is planning to blame the two hinky votes on Day and Bay. Setting up those two and Kaysar as the next three boots.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #45
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Janelle was one of the top social players in the house so makes sense for her to go. David is learning some tough lessons as a rookie

Did Memphis try to throw that veto comp or was he actually just that bad? Totally looked like he was throwing it but then in the diary room he mentioned trying to win it
Old 08-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #46
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this just happened on the feeds... A fan living near the BB house came up by the backyard and passed a suggested message from Evel Dick over the megaphone

https://twitter.com/user/status/1300191106714316800
https://twitter.com/user/status/1300196487222251525

https://twitter.com/user/status/1300249748306161664

Normally I'd be against this but with the way things are, I'm not exactly upset. Probably the most exciting thing that's happened so far lol

Last edited by mile; 08-30-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:41 AM   #47
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really fair to Cody and Nicole but maybe it saves the season which so far has been by the numbers as that alliance of guys is winning everything and is going to run the table at this rate as the other 2/3 of the house has done absolutely nothing.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:29 AM   #48
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Surprised Meow Meow actually won a comp. Him, Cody and Tyler are running everything right now
Old 09-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #49
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Christmas going up as a replacement is the best thing for Enzo; doesn't get blood on his hands for a replacement nom, and this almost assures that Kaysar goes home. Would have liked to have seen either Ian or David get nominated though
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:40 AM   #50
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

This seems like every season of big brother now. I get excited for it, it starts, one alliance rolls through the house, I get bored and stop watching.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #51
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
This seems like every season of big brother now. I get excited for it, it starts, one alliance rolls through the house, I get bored and stop watching.
This one especially as the alliance of guys are just rolling through the competitions and even luck is on their side as their names come up in pretty well every veto comp. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler, Cody, or Memphis win next HOH and it's a near certainty that the next three houseguests evicted will be Kevin, Ian, and David (not necessarily in that order) and then they will start evicting the ladies one by one.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:25 AM   #52
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Surprised Christmas was quick to volunteer to go on the block as a pawn. In the past pawns have gone home, even though I do think Kaysar is the definite target
Old 09-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #53
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Surprised Christmas was quick to volunteer to go on the block as a pawn. In the past pawns have gone home, even though I do think Kaysar is the definite target
Kevin and Ian are petrified of ruffling feathers right now. There's simply no way the votes would be there.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #54
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's nice that people are becoming wise to what Nicole and Cody are doing, but unfortunately they're still likely safe this week as Christmas will just do what Enzo wants her to do. Hopefully there is still some good will between her and Ian after she picked him as her +1. The best possibility would be a Dani backdoor, and I'd love to see it as I really hate the way she is playing this season.

Dani might think that Dick was an undeserving winner, but she forgot that if America didn't save him she would've followed him out the door. She's a good competition player, but terrible socially and she's made so many simple mistakes.

Kaysar is a bad player, but an amazing human. A good reminder that the show would be better with more diverse casts.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #55
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booooooooooooringgggggggg
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #56
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dani is playing way too hard too early in the game and it's too obvious to everyone. I wish Kaysar could have stayed but he just didn't have the votes
Old 09-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #57
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Lol. Bayleigh literally couldn’t hold back her desire for drama. I hope she blows up Tyler and Enzo’s game. Just for fun.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #58
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Lol. Bayleigh literally couldn’t hold back her desire for drama. I hope she blows up Tyler and Enzo’s game. Just for fun.
There should be some fireworks this week as Bayleigh and DaVonne are both highly combustible. It must be tough to talk game with Bayleigh as it seems like everytime someone talks game she gets offended accusing them of talking down to her.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #59
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I’m a day behind, watching on demand. Amazing. Bay did it again. Tyler has a major crisis of conscience (I think more due to Day) and volunteers to go home and she had to ruin it. I feel bad for Day because I wonder who stays? Bay is useless but is such a target, she’s the kind of person I might vote to keep.

As for Tyler, I can’t help but think that was the perfect storm of Tyler being aware he’s gonna get destroyed on social media for going after the two black women (a death sentence for an influencer like him), especially since there’s no way that the whole BLM thing wasn’t on his mind, plus I think he’s a genuine guy and felt bad.

I also wonder if production spoke with Xmas. It’s my understanding they don’t like moves like Tyler’s (and I’m betting he’s good for ratings).
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:08 AM   #60
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m a day behind, watching on demand. Amazing. Bay did it again. Tyler has a major crisis of conscience (I think more due to Day) and volunteers to go home and she had to ruin it. I feel bad for Day because I wonder who stays? Bay is useless but is such a target, she’s the kind of person I might vote to keep.

As for Tyler, I can’t help but think that was the perfect storm of Tyler being aware he’s gonna get destroyed on social media for going after the two black women (a death sentence for an influencer like him), especially since there’s no way that the whole BLM thing wasn’t on his mind, plus I think he’s a genuine guy and felt bad.

I also wonder if production spoke with Xmas. It’s my understanding they don’t like moves like Tyler’s (and I’m betting he’s good for ratings).

I read that the feeds shut down for most of Christmas' and Tyler's convo the night before the veto ceremony, I'm guessing they likely did. Having people quit on an All-Stars season would look really bad.

Christmas was definitely working hard to rehab her public image this season after her felony but she blew that up badly this week. She's lucky they didn't also show her comments about being afraid of getting shot or cut for her nominations.