Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #6881
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Why would the asking price start with Ghost? Thats where Tre starts? "We'll move Gaudreau, but we have to have Gostisbehere."

I doubt it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #6882
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Why would the asking price start with Ghost? Thats where Tre starts? "We'll move Gaudreau, but we have to have Gostisbehere."

I doubt it.
Yeah, like the Flames need more LD. Even if they're dangling Hanifin.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #6883
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Lol Ghost and Van Riemsdyk? We better be getting Patrick, their 1st and Myers to help offset that awfulness.
Ghost does play the right side even though he is left shot and he would be a powerplay quarterback. Van Riemsdyk does bring size and speed to the top 6 but that contract is atrocious.

I agree with you, they better be sweetening it if they want the Flames to take both Ghost and Van Reimsdyk.

I think what you proposed makes sense. It might actually work if you replace Frost with Myers as the Flyers probably don't need Frost but does need Myers, a right shot defenseman.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #6884
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
The scary part, is that the only team Eklund does have any kind of inside scoop on it's Philly (not that he's necessarily accurate there).

That package is terrible. Hasn't Gostisbehere struggled for a few seasons after his coming out party rookie season? Thought he's been passed by on the depth chart by so many of the great young d there.

Their first pick is a late pick, so that's not that high value a chip.

JVR,lol.

If the flames/treliving, make this trade in an attempt to maximize the return, with regards how good next year's team is, instead of considering high value futures, I'll be pretty annoyed. It would likely turnout very similar to the phaneuf deal....

Yeah, it is kind of like offering Lucic, Hanifin, and a first for Couturier or Konecny or something. Woof.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #6885
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
The scary part, is that the only team Eklund does have any kind of inside scoop on it's Philly (not that he's necessarily accurate there).

That package is terrible. Hasn't Gostisbehere struggled for a few seasons after his coming out party rookie season? Thought he's been passed by on the depth chart by so many of the great young d there.

Their first pick is a late pick, so that's not that high value a chip.

JVR,lol.

If the flames/treliving, make this trade in an attempt to maximize the return, with regards how good next year's team is, instead of considering high value futures, I'll be pretty annoyed. It would likely turnout very similar to the phaneuf deal....
There was a time I would have loved to get Gost, but he never really seemed to
put it all together. Kind of reminds me of Phaneuf in the sense that he has some incredible skills, but had trouble harnessing it all together. Things that were forgivable when he was younger just aren’t when you are a veteran.

Gaudreau’s value took a hit this year, but he should still be able to fetch something better than that Eklund lie.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #6886
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I doubt it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #6887
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That Eklund story is just the rumor that’s been going around. Johnny Gaudreau’s value is substantially higher than 2 cap dumps. If the Flames’ best offensive weapon is being shipped out, then it better be a lateral trade for a player of higher or equal value, or it better be for quality futures that saves the Flames significant cap space to sign UFAs.

Treliving can’t afford to botch this trade and he said so from his own mouth, “you can take a step back if you’re not careful” and a Gostisbehere and JVR trade sounds risky at best. If Philly isn’t willing to play ball, trade Gaudreau elsewhere, there’s no trade clause in effect here.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #6888
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I doubt it.
"Look I'll trade you my Porsche BUT the conversation starts with your '12 Prius. I'll walk, I swear to god."
The Following User Says Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #6889
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Everyone is trying to get clicks to their website or twitter feed right now. Anything with the Flames or Gaudreau will get the traffic people are looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #6890
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Ghost does play the right side even though he is left shot and he would be a powerplay quarterback. Van Riemsdyk does bring size and speed to the top 6 but that contract is atrocious.

I agree with you, they better be sweetening it if they want the Flames to take both Ghost and Van Reimsdyk.

I think what you proposed makes sense. It might actually work if you replace Frost with Myers as the Flyers probably don't need Frost but does need Myers, a right shot defenseman.
Hahaha, no he doesn't. He's a horrible skater.

Stylistically he is an absolutely terrible fit for a top six with Tkachuk and Monahan. If Treliving even entertains an offer with JVR included we are in far deeper trouble than I anticipated.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #6891
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even Flyers fans are slagging Ek on his message board for that one. The fans know full well what the Flames want. want.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #6892
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Not much I got out of the Friedman hit.

- Hall might consider several options which include going short term to chase a cup (Colorado)
- speculation on what happens with Fluery
I didn’t catch much else except at the end of the hit he said there is going to be a big market for Markstrom if the Canucks don’t get him signed.

Last comment “You know Markstrom and Lindholm are really tight”
C'mon Jacob, you know you want to Walk with Elias.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #6893
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Good thing it is only Eklund but a little scary since he has flyers connections.

“ Calgary/Philly talk.

The Flames are continuing to search out options for Johnny Gaudreau and it's no secret Gaudreau, who grew up a Flyers fan in South Jersey, is very much a good fit for a Philly team who wants to add scoring and speed. The asking price would start with Gostisbehere, who will very much benefit from a fresh start, a pick and a player...some are speculating that Van Riemsdyke could be included to make the money work and give Calgary help on the power play...”
Eklund unaware that the NHL has a salary cap.

Also Haven't Eklund's Philly connections dried up since Hextall was let go?
Old 09-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #6894
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kylington is a better player than Ghost, and plays the right side.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #6895
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Frost and Konecny is the only package I'm giving the thumbs up to from Philly.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #6896
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
LA is scouring for a young LD....

Hanifin for Kaliev and Kupari and one of their 2nds?

As for the Philly rumor....

Nolan Patrick has to be in the deal. Just has to. Logic it down to however you want to feel comfortable with it. Call him a throw in or whatever. He Has to come in a philly trade. Hell even try to trade for his rights without being in a johnny trade.
If it is either Frost or Patrick though then you have to go with Frost right? I know you think Patrick is going to get healthy and be everything he was supposed to be when he was drafted but there is a very real chance he is never able to stay healthy and fulfill his potential.

The Flames simply can’t get him, the 23rd pick and a cap dump for Johnny. That could turn into the Iggy/Bouw trades all over again where the Flames end up with nothing for their top players.

If Patrick is a throw in sure why not? The potential is there but as a centerpiece it is way too risky.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #6897
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LA is scouring for a young LD....

Hanifin for Kaliev and Kupari and one of their 2nds?

As for the Philly rumor....

Nolan Patrick has to be in the deal. Just has to. Logic it down to however you want to feel comfortable with it. Call him a throw in or whatever. He Has to come in a philly trade. Hell even try to trade for his rights without being in a johnny trade.
Is there any sense Philly is interested in moving Patrick
They’d be selling incredibly low on him
Old 09-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #6898
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Is there any sense Philly is interested in moving Patrick
They’d be selling incredibly low on him
RFA with tight cap space. I think he would be available.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #6899
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isn’t there some medical evidence that shows altitude as well as dry climate can make migraines worse? Not sure we want to take Patrick on in Calgary when he is already susceptible to migraines.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #6900
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
RFA with tight cap space. I think he would be available.
Patrick is an RFA with a QO of $874,125 and hasn't played in over a year.

He's going to be a cheap piece to fill out the roster for at least a year, I think that would make him less likely to be available, not more likely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread