Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the BOA?
Oilers in 4 2 0.45%
Oilers in 5 0 0%
Oilers in 6 8 1.81%
Oilers in 7 3 0.68%
Flames in 4 30 6.79%
Flames in 5 108 24.43%
Flames in 6 245 55.43%
Flames in 7 46 10.41%
Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2022, 05:20 PM   #521
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

So my 4-year old got a table hockey game for Christmas. It has inserts for all the NHL teams so you can play anyone against anyone. He likes to ask what all the teams are. I tell him faithfully, except for two:

The Edmonton Poopy Diapers
and
The Vancouver Stinky Farts

I'm told he was at Telus Spark this afternoon and says to an adult, wearing an Oilers jersey, that "it's the Edmonton Poopy Diapers!"

So we're doing our part.

(The guy laughed, apparently.)
Five-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Five-hole For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2022, 08:36 PM   #522
kirksite
Draft Pick

clean up

Last edited by kirksite; 05-20-2022 at 11:50 PM.
kirksite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #523
amazing_oilers
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Right now Sutter is playing Chess, Woodcroft is playing go fish. Sutter wants that, he knows its inevitable and he's already told the team, whenever you can hammer him, lean on him, grind him on the board do it, because it will pay off as McDavid tires out and becomes less effective.

I mean at this point, are you going to stop McDavid in a playoff series? Unlikely, but if you batter him and bruise him and make him sore and tired, he becomes less of a factor and more of a hobo zombie.
He had a pretty good game for a zombie
amazing_oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:12 PM   #524
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_oilers View Post
Your reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:14 PM   #525
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_oilers View Post

So lets see, the Oilers lose and you vanish, probably because you were sitting in your moms basement sobbing uncontrollably. But the Oilers win and your back.

That makes you completely gutless.

You've been weighed, measured and found wanting.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:10 PM   #526
sarge
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Does anyone else here think that in Sutter's presser he should have mentioned all of the stick grabbing that McHobo has been doing and getting away with? That, and all of the intentional offensive zone pick plays? These two things may end up greatly increasing the chances of the Coilers winning the series. It's so blatantly obvious. If Sutter brings it up, I think it could start a groundswell of more fans and non Sportsnet or TSN media league wide complaining about clear officiating favoritism the Coilers are getting. Hopefully, it would embarrass the NHL, and have more non Coiler fans questioning the legitimacy of the officiating, especially at a time that all of the sports betting is being pushed on us
sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:07 AM   #527
NegativeSpace
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I would think that he would do it publicly if he thought that may help his team win. The fact that he isn’t doing it means either that he’s trying internal dialogue (shaming people rarely works) or that he knows it is unlikely to make a difference and could actually hurt his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NegativeSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:18 AM   #528
sarge
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Icon30

I don’t think that bringing up McHobo’s constant holding of the stick would be considered shaming anyone. It might just open more peoples’ eyes to how much McHobo does it and the huge impact it has on games and the lack of integrity of the officiating. There’s no way the officials aren’t aware of how much he grabs opposing players’ sticks. I 100% believe that it has been brought up to the league before, but they seem to still not want to call him on it. Maybe that’s just all part of the NHL’s grand scheme to help McHobo get to the Stanley Cup Final.
sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:27 AM   #529
NegativeSpace
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I don’t think that bringing up McHobo’s constant holding of the stick would be considered shaming anyone. It might just open more peoples’ eyes to how much McHobo does it and the huge impact it has on games and the lack of integrity of the officiating. There’s no way the officials aren’t aware of how much he grabs opposing players’ sticks. I 100% believe that it has been brought up to the league before, but they seem to still not want to call him on it. Maybe that’s just all part of the NHL’s grand scheme to help McHobo get to the Stanley Cup Final.

Just me but I could see the league and officials thinking that it is shaming them. I mean your post says “… the lack of integrity of officiating”. I suspect that the very people your are trying to convince will get defensive and not receptive to the suggestions by going into the media and blasting them.

It may be part of the league’s grand plan. I think all or most Flames fans knew the officials were going to be a factor in a few games in this series (and not in favour of the Flames).

However I also think that these are skill players who traditionally were being hooked in the past and McDavid is taking advantage of the ref bias for the horizontal stick to get a call. It is smart but only going to last so long as the complaints by teams to the league will be sent to the officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NegativeSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:14 AM   #530
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a single vote for Oilers in 5. I'm thinking this series will be done on Thursday.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:57 PM   #531
Rising_Oil_Prices
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Not a single vote for Oilers in 5. I'm thinking this series will be done on Thursday.
I saw the way the oilers let up after games 2 and 3 in the last series, I’m not so sure about that. If Edm wins i think it will be in 6 or 7. If flames win it will likely be in 7. Having said that, your guys better be desperate tomorrow night or your prediction may be correct.
Rising_Oil_Prices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:33 AM   #532
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I find it amazing that some many so-called fans of the Flames simply give up at the very first sign of adversity.

Many posters here complain about the Oiler and Canuck fans about pretty much everything they do. yet, we have a bunch of fans on here that turn on their team the second they get behind.

Winning is never easy when you have two teams that want to win.

I certainly hope the Flames don't give up as easy as some posters do.

Look, the Flames may lose, and life will go on. But no reason to lose faith in their ability to regroup, much like they did against Dallas. It's not like Edmonton is some unbeatable juggernaut. They are a very flawed team.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2022, 12:17 AM   #533
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames are pretty unlucky not to have won at least one of games 2 and 4

Oilers are full marks for 3. 2 and 4 were coin tosses where the Flames basically beat themselves.

I toada so's now that the Flames are down 3-1 are pretty lame
Old 05-26-2022, 09:32 AM   #534
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I find it amazing that some many so-called fans of the Flames simply give up at the very first sign of adversity.

Many posters here complain about the Oiler and Canuck fans about pretty much everything they do. yet, we have a bunch of fans on here that turn on their team the second they get behind.

Winning is never easy when you have two teams that want to win.

I certainly hope the Flames don't give up as easy as some posters do.

Look, the Flames may lose, and life will go on. But no reason to lose faith in their ability to regroup, much like they did against Dallas. It's not like Edmonton is some unbeatable juggernaut. They are a very flawed team.
Best take I've seen on here. Good job.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:22 AM   #535
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

When you've been around as long as some of us you'll be pessimistic about the Flames too. Many of us have been as optimistic as some of you during the season but have lived through the years of disappointment. This version of the Flames will not get it done. We'll either bow out this series or the next. If you're satisfied with the regular season good on you. Personally I'm not. No one remembers who came second. And if you think your expressed show of optimism on here makes any difference; it doesn't. These guys get paid bundles of money to win, not to lose and winning is what I expect.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:39 AM   #536
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by Burning Beard; 05-26-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:46 AM   #537
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
Don't assume how long anyone has been a Flames fan. I have probably been one as long or longer than you for example.

I quit watching the games during the Gulutzan days because the coaching was atrocious and the team effort wasn't there. I sure didn't log onto a flames message board posting about my misery. I simply didn't put myself through it.

This version of the Flames I can get behind. Personally I feel like the effort has been there all season and while they aren't the cup favorites I can still watch the games knowing there is a chance they can catch fire and bring home the cup.
Just for the record, I've been a fan since day 1 in the Coral. I have very little faith in this version of the Flames. There have been very few of the 42 years where I felt there was a real chance of winning it all. Isn't winning what it's all about at this level or do we pay them bundles of money to come second?
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #538
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t expect the oilers to win tonight but it’s sort of funny that if they do zero out of 448 who voted in the poll picked that!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:41 PM   #539
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teroy View Post
Just for the record, I've been a fan since day 1 in the Coral. I have very little faith in this version of the Flames. There have been very few of the 42 years where I felt there was a real chance of winning it all. Isn't winning what it's all about at this level or do we pay them bundles of money to come second?
In a 32 team league you are really setting yourself up to be disappointed, its entertainment...have fun
Old 05-26-2022, 12:45 PM   #540
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
When you've been around as long as some of us you'll be pessimistic about the Flames too. .
Nah you don’t get to “you haven’t been around long enough” to us positive fans who enjoy watching the Flames, win or lose.

Quote:
These guys get paid bundles of money to win, not to lose and winning is what I expect.
Yup… on every team in the league.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote