Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2022, 11:16 PM   #661
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So some people managed to get gas at the price it should be, rather than the asinine rate it is now. Despicable.

Wish I got in on that myself.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #662
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Is that on their newspaper ad or something?
Their website. If you’re going to yell at me and be pushy, at least get your homophones in order.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #663
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
So some people managed to get gas at the price it should be, rather than the asinine rate it is now. Despicable.

Wish I got in on that myself.

Personally I'm pissed that thieves have made things more inconvenient for everyone else (yes hacking $0.30/L coupon codes is theft).
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashartus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 09:58 AM   #664
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

To be fair their coupon numbering system wasn't great. I think I redeemed a code I didn't have by accident when I mis-typed a legit coupon I had.

Like.. It was so easy that I did it without meaning to.

But yes, it has been an inconvenience for everybody else because they went ham with their little hack and told people.

Did they think Safeway was just going to look the other way?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:50 AM   #665
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammer403 View Post
You can also thank amp radio for that, they posted said “hack” a few days ago
It’s been around since 2019 ish as far as I know.

I assume the show inside is temporary until they fix their system.

Last edited by Weitz; 07-02-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:16 PM   #666
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

These pedal pub things are the ultimate in cringe man. Y’all think motorcycles are annoying, try spending time on 9th Ave where these clownshow things operate up and down, a never ending loop of clownshoe patrons wiling to bang around and belt out Bon Jovi like they’re having OHMYGODBESTTIMEEVERZZ.

Your ####ing tackier than ####, go away. But nope, they move at 5 km/h, tying up traffic and being obnoxious for all eternity. It’s so contrived it’s nauseating; endlessly vying for the attention of everyone around, on repeat over and over and over. Get off the ####ing road, shut the hell up and drink your beer like an adult.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #667
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
These pedal pub things are the ultimate in cringe man. Y’all think motorcycles are annoying, try spending time on 9th Ave where these clownshow things operate up and down, a never ending loop of clownshoe patrons wiling to bang around and belt out Bon Jovi like they’re having OHMYGODBESTTIMEEVERZZ.

Your ####ing tackier than ####, go away. But nope, they move at 5 km/h, tying up traffic and being obnoxious for all eternity. It’s so contrived it’s nauseating; endlessly vying for the attention of everyone around, on repeat over and over and over. Get off the ####ing road, shut the hell up and drink your beer like an adult.
A coworker of mine has lived next to Central Memorial Park for roughly a year now, through all the protest, sirens, motorcycles and general commotion of the area the only thing he ever complains about… is the peddle pubs.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:57 PM   #668
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Neighbours who run over the downspout from your garage and don't bother to leave a, "Sorry, can I buy you a new one," note. I'm just glad they missed the garage itself, although that would warrant reporting it.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #669
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

House hunting in Calgary is not fun. Especially living out of province. The market may be softening but a reasonably priced, good house is still getting multiple offers at well above listing price. It's frustrating and we are starting to run out of time.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #670
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Neighbours who run over the downspout from your garage and don't bother to leave a, "Sorry, can I buy you a new one," note. I'm just glad they missed the garage itself, although that would warrant reporting it.
How is your down spout placed that it can be run over?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 08:50 AM   #671
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
How is your down spout placed that it can be run over?
It's not the downspout, it's the part the goes onto the ground. Not sure what that's called.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:09 AM   #672
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
It's not the downspout, it's the part the goes onto the ground. Not sure what that's called.
That’s what I mean how is that in a position to get run over?
Old 07-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #673
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Driving too close to my garage? It's off a back alley and by the look of the tracks, they did a big curve to get into their garage.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:17 AM   #674
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
If it is anything like mine were built after hail damage, they extended to far in the alley as my garage is very close to the lane. If one were to park against the fence they would have to come close and would run it over. I just hacksawed mine back.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:53 PM   #675
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
If it is anything like mine were built after hail damage, they extended to far in the alley as my garage is very close to the lane. If one were to park against the fence they would have to come close and would run it over. I just hacksawed mine back.
I wasn’t thinking about lane garages.

Isn’t there a 2m setback bylaw from roadways and lanes for down spouts?
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 02:48 PM   #676
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I wasn’t thinking about lane garages.

Isn’t there a 2m setback bylaw from roadways and lanes for down spouts?
Easements… I’m a little under on the one side. And as my alley is paved there is more ability to use the whole alley.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #677
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
The right lane has all the on/off ramps, the shoulder of the road is there and there could be emergency vehicles, bikes, pulled over cars. Also, while you have good visibility while passing you are actually further from the drivers field of view.

It also means you are changing lanes an extra time which adds to the danger.
I have not changed lanes. I am passing the person in the fast lane while driving in the slow lane. My turn off is the next exit or the second next exit. I am in the correct lane and need to make no lane changes. I am driving at a constant steady speed.

I am passing a person driving way to slow in the fast lane. I am not driving aggressive, I am being completely predictable. The drivers behind me pass the driver in the fast lane too. Without changing lanes.

Yes I am passing on the right.

There is no danger. Only danger is the person in the fast lane driving 30 under the speed limit.

There is nothing wrong with passing on the right hand side of the road. Yet I think we are talking about different things.

You are talking about aggressive driving, I am not. You are talking about coming up behind a slower moving vehicle and yanking the vehicle over into the right hand lane and passing aggressively. That can be dangerous.

I have been in the fast lane and the person behind me does not think I am going fast enough. Being honest if I am in the fast lane I am speeding.

Someone comes up behind me and wants to do 30 over the limit or more I do try to get over to the slower lane. As I finally get a chance to do so, they change lanes and punch it. Making this dangerous. That is aggressive driving. I was going to move over but they wanted to drive aggressive.

Passing on the right is completely safe in one scenario and wreckless in the other.
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chubeyr1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 04:22 PM   #678
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
The one that got ran over is pretty short. I usually leave them up, but put them down a few weeks ago, when we were supposed to get all that rain. I put the other one back up, but thought this one was okay to leave, since it was so short and my next door neighbours usually have their bins farther out than it extended anyway.

Unfortunately, they pulled their bins back into their yard and the neighbour across the alley is apparently a bad driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 04:51 PM   #679
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
Passing on the right is completely safe in one scenario and wreckless in the other.
Nicely done if intentional. Funny if accidental.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #680
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
I have not changed lanes. I am passing the person in the fast lane while driving in the slow lane. My turn off is the next exit or the second next exit. I am in the correct lane and need to make no lane changes. I am driving at a constant steady speed.

I am passing a person driving way to slow in the fast lane. I am not driving aggressive, I am being completely predictable. The drivers behind me pass the driver in the fast lane too. Without changing lanes.

Yes I am passing on the right.

There is no danger. Only danger is the person in the fast lane driving 30 under the speed limit.

There is nothing wrong with passing on the right hand side of the road. Yet I think we are talking about different things.

You are talking about aggressive driving, I am not. You are talking about coming up behind a slower moving vehicle and yanking the vehicle over into the right hand lane and passing aggressively. That can be dangerous.

I have been in the fast lane and the person behind me does not think I am going fast enough. Being honest if I am in the fast lane I am speeding.

Someone comes up behind me and wants to do 30 over the limit or more I do try to get over to the slower lane. As I finally get a chance to do so, they change lanes and punch it. Making this dangerous. That is aggressive driving. I was going to move over but they wanted to drive aggressive.

I think you completely misunderstood the scenario everyone is talking about.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote