Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #2001
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
The added time should be abolished and they should move to a stopped clock system like they have in rugby. Players who want to lay around and whine aren’t gaining anything, and at the same time they get all the treatment and assistance they need.

I have no idea how Valencia escaped his second yellow though. It was as clear as day. And then three minutes of laying around, which somehow only turned into five minutes of added time is just appalling. But kudos to you for watching that junk everyweek. I mean it’s vintage Mourinho, and I guess the fans appear to be happy with it.

I don’t think Eriksen is leaving, but Alderweireld is gone, along with Dembele and Rose. There are going to be a few changes, but it’s not unexpected. We are pretty solidly top four here and just haven’t progressed from there. Not every team is state sponsored, so Spurs have to try to nurture young talent and hope to keep them together.
Lol
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #2002
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
But kudos to you for watching that junk everyweek. I mean it’s vintage Mourinho, and I guess the fans appear to be happy with it.
dude, why the high horse? Wasn't it your own coach who has defended diving as an art form?
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #2003
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
dude, why the high horse? Wasn't it your own coach who has defended diving as an art form?
Lol, no I think that was the angle some people tried to take. It’s amusing though, because the only diving today was Sanchez. He may have spent more time on the ground than on his own two feet. I am probably of the same mind as most United fans on the Rashford card for simulation though, because I think that was a bad call.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:34 PM   #2004
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

on a completely different note - pure "class" from Klopp today.

Quote:
You (the interviewer) have never played football obviously because it makes a massive difference. If the pitch is dry you can't pass the ball through three or four yards. That is the easiest thing in the world, if they play football, but if you do it like West Brom the ball is constantly in the air [so] you don't need a wet pitch but that's how it is so we have to deal with that. They can do it next year playing football with a dry pitch in the Championship. That's how it is and we have to deal with it.

I think if you are the better team, you should win. We are the better team, we didn’t win. I don’t feel that point will help West Brom massively. It feels like a complete waste of points; they don’t need it. We would have needed it. They are all happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don’t stay in the league. It’s kind of a strange situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #2005
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya know over the last short while, it was hard watching United lose to West Brom.

Suppose the coping has been made almost reconcilable, with recent wins over Liverpool and Manchester City and Chelsea and Tottenham.

\_(ツ)_/¯
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 02:09 PM   #2006
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Good weekend so far. Hopefully we can beat West Ham to make it perfect.

After that, the only way it could be spoiled is if Arsenal and the Flames appoint Gulutzan and Wenger.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43840717

Enjoy the rest of your weekend .....

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #2007
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43840717

Enjoy the rest of your weekend .....

You bastard!
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #2008
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think rodgers could eventually work his way back up to that level, he wouldn't be so negatively thought of if his quotes didnt sound exactly like david brents

Buy being the manager 'after the longterm manager' is not a good situation for him. Id like to see what he could do with a mid table club, doesnt have to be england, before he gets a job with champions league ambition

I forget who wrote it but today a writer on twitter made the argument that their next manager should be someone who they only plan on keeping for 18-24 months that can settle things and keep things going in a professional manner, not shake the foundations, the suggestion given was Ancelotti

Then bring in someone like a tuchel, rodgers, loew etc. Who you want to stay for awhile and let them start their for lack of a better word 'project'
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #2009
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I'll guess Eriksen leaves this summer, and then Kane and Poch next summer. Spurs are just Spurs, winners they are not.
Youve said that there will be an exodus after every spurs loss in some form or another involving those 3 or alli etc. For 2 or 3 seasons, really squatting on that take

Quote:
No it wasn't. It was pure football trickery that Poch would be proud of.
Ya and he didnt complain, i dont think it was too bad either way

Sanchez a few times but thats nothing new and is done by every team every game

Rashford was the only that really stood out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #2010
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I for one, feel privileged that we at CP, have our very own Daily Mail/Sun correspondent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 01:45 AM   #2011
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
United chewed the clock for sure (especially Valencia when he was substituted), but you're not exactly helping yourself with fouls like Diers on Lingard. United were still more dangerous (Pogbas shot, Rashfords counter), Spurs had nothing left attacking-wise.

Looking forward to the final. Unless Southampton pulls a shocker tomorrow, the Mourinho/Conte headlines should add some fire to it.
Spurs to me just ran out of gas. That would make it frustrating for their fans when United did what team does with the lead. Spurs were all out for most of the first half. United were more consistent and took over gradually albeit in spurts and when they got ahead they shut it down.

But where was the furious attack of a team desperate to win? Didn't see it and I think it's because they blew their wad in the first half!
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #2012
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
But where was the furious attack of a team desperate to win?
I found it weird that they took Son off (even though he wasn't good yesterday) - they had no width after that, especially because Lucas came on and played centrally too. Everything went through the middle, and United clogged it up.

And of course, it didn't help that Kane was invisible all day. So invisible in fact that the official (!) FA Cup account mocked him for being in Smallings pocket. How dare they infuriate Englands prince?

https://twitter.com/user/status/987757611280994306
Old 04-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #2013
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I found it weird that they took Son off (even though he wasn't good yesterday) - they had no width after that, especially because Lucas came on and played centrally too. Everything went through the middle, and United clogged it up.

And of course, it didn't help that Kane was invisible all day. So invisible in fact that the official (!) FA Cup account mocked him for being in Smallings pocket. How dare they infuriate Englands prince?

Smalling's year has been quite remarkable. First it looked like he was about to be , at best, coming off the bench. Then he gets his chance and plays his way into Jose's good books. Then he starts being an integral part of wins.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:36 AM   #2014
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spurs to me just ran out of gas. That would make it frustrating for their fans when United did what team does with the lead. Spurs were all out for most of the first half. United were more consistent and took over gradually albeit in spurts and when they got ahead they shut it down.

But where was the furious attack of a team desperate to win? Didn't see it and I think it's because they blew their wad in the first half!
I agree with you there, and it just wouldn’t have mattered if there was 15 minutes of added time at that point. They just didn’t press for the equalizer at all. I think it was more than questionable to leave Kane out there as he obviously had nothing to offer yesterday. Almost surely they could have subbed Lucas for him, moved Son ip top and tried more that way.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #2015
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

FA Cup final should be interesting. Good opportunity for both clubs to put a positive finishing touch on pretty "meh" seasons, more so for Chelsea of course. Probably Contes final game too.

A Jose/Conte brawl would be nice.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #2016
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Smalling's year has been quite remarkable. First it looked like he was about to be , at best, coming off the bench. Then he gets his chance and plays his way into Jose's good books. Then he starts being an integral part of wins.
Him and jones have developed a nice little partnership lately

5 years after it was expected
Old 04-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #2017
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Son hasnt been great since the juve game, but it was a weird timing sub, the biggest complaint about poch by spurs fans is his subs, who and when

The twitter is funny, the wembley one also had a good one asking who scored the best goal in the first half and saying anyone who says kane gets blocked
Old 04-23-2018, 09:36 AM   #2018
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Indeed .... how dare they.

They have now apologised. And in the process probably made a story out of a non-story.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43863444

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #2019
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Indeed .... how dare they.

They have now apologised. And in the process probably made a story out of a non-story.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43863444
I knew I would get flamed here, but of course they did. Is it really appropriate for the FA to be taking shots at any players in the league? You wouldn't see the NHL mocking Crosby or McDavid, or the NFL taking a run at Tom Brady or anything. I get that you guys won and think its funny (and for the record so did I), but it's hardly appropriate or professional for a neutral body to be doing that.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #2020
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was just some lighthearted banter. People are way too freaking sensitive these days.