Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2022, 06:03 PM   #2061
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
There are a few differences on those product numbers: C10 vs V10 and SDSQUA4-256G-GN6MN vs SDSQUB3-256G-CB6IA

They're probably darn similar, but maybe not identical? Or maybe it's just special SKUs like happens with Walmart to avoid price matching...
Also a third party seller. I get what you are saying but I would never buy a SD card from a third party seller and even then people say it's not the best idea via amazon as they claim that fake ones can get into the "amazon pool" by returning fakes.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:52 PM   #2062
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
#### PMs. You know what’s worse?

The message inbox 10 minutes after listing a cheap ass car for sale.

Listen mother####ers, if a vehicle is being sold for one months gross salary, it’s a take it or leave it proposition. I don’t care about your family’s circumstances or your concerns about marks on the hood or what your aunties cake recipe says for maintenance.

Are you wanting to buy the car, or not? 10000 inquiries in 2 minutes, and y’all want torque values from the last time it had its superconductors aligned to mercury’s travels.
Haha, try working at a car dealership.

I'll still sell decent cheap cars on a full disclosure 'buyer beware' waiver. You know, like a 15 year old Corolla or CR-V with under 200,000 kms, or older trucks that still have some life in them destined to be retired as back alley truck that haul lumber, go to the dump etc....

I price them to sell, usually a lot cheaper than the private market. More times than I can count I'll will have someone here looking at the thing, another person waiting in the lounge, and another guy on the phone offering full price if the other two pass on it.

Customer: "You're asking 10k.... I'll give ya 5k"

"Sorry, someone else is waiting to look at it, and 15 people have called about it today."

"So what's your best price?"

"It's $10k, it's the cheapest one like it out there. Someone else will pay that for it."

"But I was here first, what's the best price you can give me?"

"Sir, I have someone willing to pay my asking price if you walk away, they are sitting in the customer lounge waiting if you pass, why would I sell it to you cheaper than them?"

"But I was here first.... I'll give you $5500... final offer."

That scenario plays out 10-20 times a year, and it's baffling to me that people think I will sell it to them cheaper simply because they are here first, and they KNOW it's a total bargain as it is.

Then of course, we are the bad guy, for not giving them 50% off, and selling it to someone actually willing to pay a fair price.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2022, 07:01 PM   #2063
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think people get too emotionally invested in low balling and dealing.

The person asking for the deal is just behaving in a manner that is effective. Put pressure on you to take the bird in hand and try use their knowledge advantage of the value over an unwitting person who does not know the value of their item.

When you know the value of the item you obviously are not the target this person is trying to buy from.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2022, 07:10 PM   #2064
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
When did Best Buy start pulling the Canadian Tire style, "IT'S ON DEEP DISCOUNT" by artificially bumping up the normal price, scam?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-card/14762887

Look, it's only $50, regular $150! What a deal!

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-256GB-...s%2C148&sr=8-6

... It's $35, regular $40.

What is this garbage?
Those aren't the same. The Amazon one is Ultra, while the BestBuy one is Ultra Plus. The latter has faster read/write speeds.

And while the $150 is obviously obscenely inflated relative to what it's actually worth, that is indeed the regular price at London Drugs. So it probably is still the list price in Canada.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:28 PM   #2065
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Haha, try working at a car dealership.

I'll still sell decent cheap cars on a full disclosure 'buyer beware' waiver. You know, like a 15 year old Corolla or CR-V with under 200,000 kms, or older trucks that still have some life in them destined to be retired as back alley truck that haul lumber, go to the dump etc....

I price them to sell, usually a lot cheaper than the private market. More times than I can count I'll will have someone here looking at the thing, another person waiting in the lounge, and another guy on the phone offering full price if the other two pass on it.

Customer: "You're asking 10k.... I'll give ya 5k"

"Sorry, someone else is waiting to look at it, and 15 people have called about it today."

"So what's your best price?"

"It's $10k, it's the cheapest one like it out there. Someone else will pay that for it."

"But I was here first, what's the best price you can give me?"

"Sir, I have someone willing to pay my asking price if you walk away, they are sitting in the customer lounge waiting if you pass, why would I sell it to you cheaper than them?"

"But I was here first.... I'll give you $5500... final offer."

That scenario plays out 10-20 times a year, and it's baffling to me that people think I will sell it to them cheaper simply because they are here first, and they KNOW it's a total bargain as it is.

Then of course, we are the bad guy, for not giving them 50% off, and selling it to someone actually willing to pay a fair price.
Heh, first time ever this happened to me tonight. 4 parties show up within 5 minutes of each other. Like....uhhhh...now I feel bad for those who didn’t even get to drive it. I even went inside for a few wholly expecting them to have all have agreed to trash talk it and all lowball me.

Couldn’t even plan it that well man. God bless anyone in the market for a cheap car right now..if the 150 inquiries in 3 hours is any indication, it’s a #### of position to be in.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:47 AM   #2066
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if I have an 8 year old mazda 3 now is as good a time as any to sell it and cash in?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #2067
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
So if I have an 8 year old mazda 3 now is as good a time as any to sell it and cash in?
Only if you don’t need the vehicle.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:38 PM   #2068
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/fatal-sta...lice-1.6048635
Why the #### do we keep letting violent criminals share our world. POS unprovoked attack two years ago, and now an innocent man is dead, attacked inside his apartment for no reason.

Mental health or whatever be damned. Violently attack someone randomly, you don’t get to come out and play, lest you brutally kill someone one day.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:47 PM   #2069
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Yes.

I send absolute dumpster fire cars to the auction right now, and get more than I could even fathom a couple years back. A car that sold at the auction for $500-1000 back then, is pulling $3-4k right now.

A good, solid sub-10k car right now is gold. I have a list of about 50 people looking for one.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:54 PM   #2070
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? Now with 3x more gears...

The “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” thread would be a good place for those news stories about murders and stuff.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 02:43 PM   #2071
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gear Grindr - workplace toilets with quick auto flush that do the flush part before you’ve even had a chance to start the wipe cos they only detect the forward lean. Then it’s a 50/50 whether that TP will make it down that flush or needs an additional flush. Of course if you need a 2nd (or more) wipe then it’s still a race with the auto flush.
About the only thing worse is the auto towel dispenser that gives about 3” length of thin paper towel to dry your hands with.
Yeah yeah first world Problems.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 02:46 PM   #2072
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #2073
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

That's why I always put a some tp over the auto flush sensor. Sometimes double layer cause that #### is too see through haha.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:45 PM   #2074
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there an optimal way to wipe? I've heard many surprisingly strong opinions on the matter lol.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:02 PM   #2075
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Is there an optimal way to wipe? I've heard many surprisingly strong opinions on the matter lol.

Wipe till white is all you need here.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #2076
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This thread is going the way of 'dogs are gross', I see.

What gear was ground in this instance?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:09 PM   #2077
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/CasualConve...ds_up_to_wipe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SampleSize/...tanding_up_or/

Some good arguments for sitting down for sure
Cappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:02 PM   #2078
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I still can’t believe that’s an actual thing. Standing up? Wtf? I refuse to believe it’s as widespread as those threads suggest and am certain it was just a bunch of people ####ing around.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:05 PM   #2079
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine the smell.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:08 PM   #2080
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Have you tried?

Squatty Potty