Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-27-2021, 08:32 AM   #361
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Getting my 3rd shot tomorrow. I have a mix vaccine record (AZ Pfizer) and need another Pfizer shot to be able to travel to the States to visit my brother and his wife.
Local/state requirements for indoor dining, etc?
The US does not require that you are vaccinated to gain entry, just that you test negative.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #362
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Apparently it’s a new policy starting November 1 when flying into the US, at least I read that in a news story yesterday.
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #363
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

If a person has mixed mRNA doses (Moderna and Pfizer), would they see any problems travelling into the USA and Mexico?
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #364
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got my second dose today really freaking excited that I got it done
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #365
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
Apparently it’s a new policy starting November 1 when flying into the US, at least I read that in a news story yesterday.
Yes the rules are getting simplified in the US. It will easier for foreign travelers to enter the country but require proof of vaccination. As I understand it, November 1 is not a hard date nor has a final decision been made on which vaccines will be accepted.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #366
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
If a person has mixed mRNA doses (Moderna and Pfizer), would they see any problems travelling into the USA and Mexico?
Quote:
Vaccines accepted by the US must be approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization or the US Food and Drug Administration. At the present time, these include Pfizer/BioNtech, AstraZeneca, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson), Moderna, Sinopharm and Sinovac/Coronavac.

Among the vaccines that have not received WHO approval are Sputnik V, Novavax, Abdala and Soberana.
Mixed doses not mentioned, but AZ is on approved list.
But this is not yet policy though, so only speculation.

I think this is repost of NYT article, not behind pay wall.
https://english.elpais.com/usa/2021-...ow-so-far.html
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2021, 07:09 PM   #367
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey guys if I haven't felt side effects from either of the vaccines besides a sore arm is that normal alot of people I talk to say they felt like crap after their second dose my wife couldn't keep her eyes open after her second shot of phizer she slept for like 2 days I haven't felt anything not tired no chills no nausea, does this mean I have already been exposed to covid or the vaccines didn't provide sufficient protection?
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #368
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

No it doesn't mean that. There's a number of potential side effects from the 1st or 2nd shot of any vaccine ranging from pretty much none to a bunch over 2 or 3 days.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #369
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if you are an American visiting Calgary , I guess you need to carry your vaccine card anytime you want to enter a restaurant or similar facility? There is no app that recognizes your foreign vaccination status that would be recognized is there?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:20 PM   #370
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
So if you are an American visiting Calgary , I guess you need to carry your vaccine card anytime you want to enter a restaurant or similar facility? There is no app that recognizes your foreign vaccination status that would be recognized is there?

Yes, carry your proof of vax card. We don’t have an app.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2021, 08:47 PM   #371
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I don’t think any of the other provincial passport programs have apps that recognize foreign vaccine either? Would need physical proof of vaccination almost anywhere in Canada if you are from outside that province.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2021, 10:29 PM   #372
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dr. Henry in BC announced that BC residents will not be offered a 3rd shot for the purposes of travel. Being someone who mixed AZ with Moderna, this concerns me, though I think I'm trying to convince myself that she wouldn't come out so firmly on this unless she has some indication that Canadians who travel internationally with mixed doses is close to being accepted by many countries.

I hope so or I won't be able to leave the country until restrictions elsewhere are lifted or BC changes this policy...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8228148/n...es-top-doctor/
Old 09-28-2021, 11:09 PM   #373
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Hey guys if I haven't felt side effects from either of the vaccines besides a sore arm is that normal alot of people I talk to say they felt like crap after their second dose my wife couldn't keep her eyes open after her second shot of phizer she slept for like 2 days I haven't felt anything not tired no chills no nausea, does this mean I have already been exposed to covid or the vaccines didn't provide sufficient protection?

Is forgetting how to punctuate a common side effect?
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2021, 12:46 AM   #374
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Dr. Henry in BC announced that BC residents will not be offered a 3rd shot for the purposes of travel. Being someone who mixed AZ with Moderna, this concerns me, though I think I'm trying to convince myself that she wouldn't come out so firmly on this unless she has some indication that Canadians who travel internationally with mixed doses is close to being accepted by many countries.

I hope so or I won't be able to leave the country until restrictions elsewhere are lifted or BC changes this policy...

I think its mostly a Greta style, "how dare you" to those who still want to travel.

I doubt the Americans have their policy for Nov 1st decided on internally, they certainly haven't shared it with her.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #375
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's not cool BC, especially if there is not a shortage of doses.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:02 AM   #376
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I think its mostly a Greta style, "how dare you" to those who still want to travel.

I doubt the Americans have their policy for Nov 1st decided on internally, they certainly haven't shared it with her.
I wasn't thinking that other countries have indicated the direction they're leaning to Dr Henry, but that she may have been hearing updates from our federal government on their discussions which I'm guessing have been happening.

No urgency for me personally right now to travel though and I'm certain it'll get sorted out in time.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #377
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Someone recently asked me: "Which countries will accept a double vaccinated person that had to take two different vaccines? Or how to find out?"

I think it would be easier to give you a list of countries where mixed vaccinations are actually an issue. Of the 103 countries a Canadian tourist can currently visit, I would say 101 of them do not have issues with mixed vaccinations.

Here are the 2 I'm aware of where mixed vaccinations are potentially an issue:

Trinidad & Tobago: only accepts certain combinations (they all involve AstraZeneca or Covishield as your first dose)

Ireland: Anecdotally, I often hear people mention that Ireland does not accept mixed vaccinations. And a recent article from the Tourism Ireland board stated: "Mixed dose vaccines are still not recognized in Ireland, however that will likely change in the coming months." However I've also seen recent posts from Canadians with mixed vaccinations that entered without issue.

** Other notes **

United States: Currently, the mainland U.S. does not consider your vaccination status for entry, so it is not currently an issue. But we're still waiting to see what happens in early November when full vaccination will be required for U.S. entry and their policy on mixed doses for entry. We do know that all 4 of the vaccines approved in Canada will be allowed (including AstraZeneca)

Also, U.S. cruise lines departing from U.S. ports have issues with mixed vaccinations (Royal Caribbean recently started allowing them).

United Kingdom: Does not recognize mixed vaccinations, but we are currently on the UK's Green list, so our vaccination status does not matter. Starting on October 4th the UK (England at least) will be recognizing mixed vaccinations.

** places where mixed vaccinations were previously an issue **

Barbados: At one point Barbados wasn't recognizing mixed vaccinations, but they changed their entry policy to allow mixed vaccinations starting July 16th, 2021.

Europe: Not really related to 'mixed' doses per se, but back in July 2021, countries in Europe seemingly had an issue with 'Covishield', although the issue was mainly bureaucratic, being a different name for the same vaccine (AstraZeneca). Since that time, most of these countries have come out and stated they are fine with Covishield now.

Overall I would say this issue is a much bigger deal in the media than in real life. The changes coming to the U.S. entry rules in November have the potential to be the first major issue related to travel and mixed vaccinations, if the U.S. did end up not accepting mixed vaccinations. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Here is a list of the 103 open countries and the entry requirements for each:
https://ydeals.com/where-canadians-can-travel

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 09-29-2021 at 10:23 AM.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2021, 10:19 AM   #378
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Great info, thanks!
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:08 PM   #379
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wasn't thinking that other countries have indicated the direction they're leaning to Dr Henry, but that she may have been hearing updates from our federal government on their discussions which I'm guessing have been happening.

No urgency for me personally right now to travel though and I'm certain it'll get sorted out in time.
Sure, but I doubt the Americans have told our Federal government what they're going to do either. Because I don't think they know internally, and even if they did I doubt Canada gets advance notice.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2021, 09:46 PM   #380
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
AZ 1st dose - Felt like a light cold for 4 days, tired and run down.

Pzhier 2 and 3 dose - nothing at all
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post: