Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #321
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Other than hospitals being ####ed I agree with you.
you are right, of course. I'm just mentally fatigued by this. It will be nice to not have to worry about my kids at school, with pretty much no one (here in the US) wearing masks and less than 50% vaccinated where I am
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #322
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
So the City is going to take on the task of filling the void left by our useless province?
Having municipalities help get the word out and facilitate vaccination is not necessarily a bad thing. They know their individual populations better than the provincial government does so they can target specific groups better than a broad provincial wide program can. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:54 PM   #323
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Probably didn't really need it before last week. Now that some of those people are finally deciding to get vaccinated, it makes sense to increase capacity now.
Until the vaccine REP program was rolled out, there likely wasn't a point. They are probably trying to strike while the iron is hot while people are rushing to get their proof in order and get a large group vaccinated before they change their mind.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #324
d00little
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I registered on the Alberta.ca site and it told me I’m eligible for a booster. Did anybody else get that? I’m assuming it’s because prednisone is on my prescription list.
d00little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #325
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Having municipalities help get the word out and facilitate vaccination is not necessarily a bad thing. They know their individual populations better than the provincial government does so they can target specific groups better than a broad provincial wide program can. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I’m with a municipality and we don’t like the download of responsibility and cost. The province is scared to do its job so we have no choice to step up to protect our mutual citizens.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #326
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00little View Post
I registered on the Alberta.ca site and it told me I’m eligible for a booster. Did anybody else get that? I’m assuming it’s because prednisone is on my prescription list.
I was double AZ vaxxed. My first shot SUCCCCCKED! It was 2 days of death. Second AZ shot: nothing... not even a sore arm.

I registered on Monday and was approved for a "booster" for travelling. Got a shot of Pfizer at 3pm. By 5 pm it felt like my shoulder was dislocated. Today I still feel like carp. I was told I will still need a second dose of Pfizer, which would make me quad-vaxxed.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #327
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I was double AZ vaxxed. My first shot SUCCCCCKED! It was 2 days of death. Second AZ shot: nothing... not even a sore arm.

I registered on Monday and was approved for a "booster" for travelling. Got a shot of Pfizer at 3pm. By 5 pm it felt like my shoulder was dislocated. Today I still feel like carp. I was told I will still need a second dose of Pfizer, which would make me quad-vaxxed.
I'm confused, I thought the 3rd shot was only if you had mixed doses. Isn't the AZ approved in other countries? So now they are giving 4 doses to some?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 08:34 AM   #328
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I’m with a municipality and we don’t like the download of responsibility and cost. The province is scared to do its job so we have no choice to step up to protect our mutual citizens.
Right. It cannot be a complete download of responsibility and more importantly a download of cost but it will be more effective when it is done as a partnership. For example Calgary knows better than Alberta how to target the homeless population in the city. Mackenzie County in the far north knows better than Alberta what the challenges are in a large geographic area with a small population.

Allow these local levels of government to help target the populations that need it, the Province should pick up the tab and provide logistical support.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:35 AM   #329
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I registered on Monday and was approved for a "booster" for travelling. Got a shot of Pfizer at 3pm. By 5 pm it felt like my shoulder was dislocated. Today I still feel like carp.
Food cravings post-vaccine are somewhat unusual, but you can bake it and baste with some lemon for a quick fix.

I don’t even know where you could buy carp fillets though.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 08:36 AM   #330
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm confused, I thought the 3rd shot was only if you had mixed doses. Isn't the AZ approved in other countries? So now they are giving 4 doses to some?
Some countries but not all. For example it has never been approved for use in the U.S. so there is some uncertainty as to whether it will be recognized as acceptable for entry into the country.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #331
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Some countries but not all. For example it has never been approved for use in the U.S. so there is some uncertainty as to whether it will be recognized as acceptable for entry into the country.
How do we not have a diplomatic science based solution to this by this point? Wasting doses seems like poor policy.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:03 AM   #332
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
There quite a few that don't recognize AZ. My hubs had AZ/Pfizer. (And his Pfizer didn't give him any side effects) If I had chosen to do that, I would have only needed one more Pfizer. Even my doctor looked at me funny when I said I was double AZ.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 10:45 AM   #333
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think people are confusing mixed doses with AZ and an MRNA mix and than a AZ mix.

AZ has been approved in over 170 countries in the world and will likely be either #1 or #2 vaccine administered in the world in 2021.

It's been approved for use in every G7 with the exception of the US so far as well as the WHO and the EU. Recent comments by US officials on it being allowed for travel into the US are also positive. I suspect FDA approval is right around the corner in Oct/Nov

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/astra...082521094.html

Bottom line is that I think the global community is going to need to start to treat this vaccine as a legit vaccine and the politics, the bickering, the battles and the negative attention that has been placed on this vaccine needs to stop. We need to end this pandemic, end of ****in story. That won't happen anytime soon if we don't have proper doses being sent to the poorer countries and than governments, business and organizations treating this particular vaccine with a level of respect. The level of fake news, the political bickering and the damage that has been done has been incredible.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:00 AM   #334
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really happy I didn't listen to the folks on here that were so adamant about getting a vaccine, any vaccine, whatever is available, and waited for the Phyzer.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:05 AM   #335
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Really happy I didn't listen to the folks on here that were so adamant about getting a vaccine, any vaccine, whatever is available, and waited for the Phyzer.
Why? You put yourself at risk by waiting and received no benefit.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #336
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, you were definitely one of them.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #337
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Except now it seems like Moderna is better. Has higher Efficacy and less waning immunity over time.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #338
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why? There's no issue getting a 3rd shot now if you want one. There was zero downside to getting the first shot available.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #339
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
taking advice from randoms on the internet when it comes to you health would be stupid.

so ya you?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:29 PM   #340
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
You bitch any time anyone but opendoor answers a question you could just Google, so why do you think anyone expected or cared if you followed their advice in the first place?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote