Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-14-2022, 10:07 AM   #1361
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I got the Pfizer bivalent on Thursday along with the flu shot. That evening and into the morning I felt fine, but by late morning/noon, I was out. Slept on the couch all day with 0 energy but then was fine by Saturday morning. So not sure which shot actually hit me. Previous vaccines were Moderna, so maybe the change in Pfizer?
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:30 AM   #1362
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Thanks. Tried last night and my daughter wasn't allowed per Shoppers because she had Covid within the last five months.
Is five months still the recommended wait time post-covid?

For our family it puts us to mid-December; I don't mind waiting until then but it would be good to know if there are any benefits to getting the (bivalent) booster sooner and how strict they are about this (since there is technically no documentation on when we tested positive).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #1363
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
I got the Pfizer bivalent on Thursday along with the flu shot. That evening and into the morning I felt fine, but by late morning/noon, I was out. Slept on the couch all day with 0 energy but then was fine by Saturday morning. So not sure which shot actually hit me. Previous vaccines were Moderna, so maybe the change in Pfizer?
My son just got the Pfizer bivalent and the next day about lunch he didn't feel well, slept the afternoon then was fine.

My most recent was Moderna (I've only had Moderna) and the previous ones were not that bad, just felt tired, but that last one man I felt terrible, had chills, was out for more than a day.

Also when I took my son in they said I could/should get the Pfizer one 5+ months after the Moderna one.. that would be my fifth shot, kind of surprised they were recommending it.
Old 11-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #1364
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
My son just got the Pfizer bivalent and the next day about lunch he didn't feel well, slept the afternoon then was fine.

My most recent was Moderna (I've only had Moderna) and the previous ones were not that bad, just felt tired, but that last one man I felt terrible, had chills, was out for more than a day.

Also when I took my son in they said I could/should get the Pfizer one 5+ months after the Moderna one.. that would be my fifth shot, kind of surprised they were recommending it.
5 shots?? They're going to be able to pinpoint your location from Mars on the 5G!

With that much Government tech in you you're going to set off the metal detectors at the Airport!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 11:32 PM   #1365
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I'm delegating my calendar and todo lists to the chips in my blood.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:53 AM   #1366
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Is five months still the recommended wait time post-covid?For our family it puts us to mid-December; I don't mind waiting until then but it would be good to know if there are any benefits to getting the (bivalent) booster sooner and how strict they are about this (since there is technically no documentation on when we tested positive).
I think you have to follow some agencies medical guidance otherwise you are just taking bits and pieces of studies and “doing your own research”. That said CDC recommends a Bivalent booster 2 months after primary series or previous booster.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...p-to-date.html

So CDC recommends it in your situation.

NACI may recommend it

Quote:
NACI continues to recommend that fall COVID-19 booster doses may be offered at an interval of 6 months after a previous COVID-19 vaccine dose or 6 months after a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection. A shorter interval of at least 3 months may be considered, particularly in the context of heightened epidemiological risk, evolving epidemiology and operational considerations for the efficient deployment of fall immunization programs. However, based on what is known at this time, it is not expected that a booster dose be routinely provided every 3 months.
Also NACI doesn’t distinguish between the effectiveness of BA1 boosters vs BA4/5 boosters.

So from the North American groups there could be benefit in advancing your booster
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2022, 07:40 AM   #1367
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm getting mine in late November(will be 5 months for me). Figure it will be in full effect by Christmas, which might be worth considering if you are around a bunch of people then.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:46 AM   #1368
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think you have to follow some agencies medical guidance otherwise you are just taking bits and pieces of studies and “doing your own research”. That said CDC recommends a Bivalent booster 2 months after primary series or previous booster.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...p-to-date.html

So CDC recommends it in your situation.

NACI may recommend it

Also NACI doesn’t distinguish between the effectiveness of BA1 boosters vs BA4/5 boosters.

So from the North American groups there could be benefit in advancing your booster
Thanks -- from the CDC page it actually suggests waiting 3 months after Covid symptoms or positive test:

Quote:
People who recently had COVID-19 may consider delaying the next COVID-19 vaccine dose (primary dose or updated booster) by 3 months from when symptoms started or, if they had no symptoms, when they first received a positive test. Reinfection is less likely in the weeks to months after infection. However, certain factors, such as personal risk of severe disease, local COVID-19 Community Level, and the most common COVID-19 variant currently causing illness, could be reasons to get a vaccine sooner rather than later.
We'll look into booking sooner based on numbers and availability of the BA4/5 booster (admittedly it's not something I've turned my mind to in awhile). Getting it in advance of Christmas gatherings is also a good consideration.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:32 PM   #1369
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I'm delegating my calendar and todo lists to the chips in my blood.
Some buddies and I are heading to the airport to try and sniff airplane exhaust, if chemtrails are good enough in the sky imagine them straight from the source!!

Thats the good stuff!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #1370
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My wife tested positive for Covid on Tuesday and we’ve been isolating ever since. She’s in one room of the house and we’ve had virtually no contact. I bring her meals etc and leave them by the door. I haven’t been able to find any good information, but how many days should she isolate for? She still has some lingering symptoms like a cough and loss of smell but has been passed the fever stage and aches and pains for a few days.

Also, I wanted to get my Covid bivalent booster but am I even allowed to now that I’ve been exposed? I have no symptoms and feel fine. Would they allow me to have the shot if I’ve been in contact with someone who has the virus?
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 09:08 PM   #1371
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
My wife tested positive for Covid on Tuesday and we’ve been isolating ever since. She’s in one room of the house and we’ve had virtually no contact. I bring her meals etc and leave them by the door. I haven’t been able to find any good information, but how many days should she isolate for? She still has some lingering symptoms like a cough and loss of smell but has been passed the fever stage and aches and pains for a few days.

Also, I wanted to get my Covid bivalent booster but am I even allowed to now that I’ve been exposed? I have no symptoms and feel fine. Would they allow me to have the shot if I’ve been in contact with someone who has the virus?

I’m day 9 after symptoms and testing positive. Current recommendation seems to be 5 days of isolation followed by 5 days of masking if you need to go out.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2022, 10:33 PM   #1372
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Current recommendation is 5 days, but if she has rapid tests, it wouldn't hurt to do another. Symptoms can linger for a long time. My cough didn't totally disappear for about 4 months when I had covid (a very mild case, but just lingering cough). Back in the old days (May 2021) I had a contact tracer and was told as long as I was improving after 10 days and didn't have a fever, I was free to leave isolation.

As for your booster, I would probably wait a week or two, to see if you get covid. A case of covid basically will do the same thing as a shot, so there's no point in getting them both at the same time.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 06:36 AM   #1373
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
With all those parameters considered, researchers were able to identify that individuals who hadn’t gotten a COVID-19 vaccine were at a greater risk of traffic accidents. But it wasn’t because of the vaccine. The link actually comes down to risks associated with decision making—in relation to decisions concerning getting vaccinated, and also to obey (or not obey) traffic laws.
https://jalopnik.com/new-study-links...ase-1849891344

Fascinating. People who make poor selfish decisions also tend to drive like dicks.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 08:46 AM   #1374
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://jalopnik.com/new-study-links...ase-1849891344

Fascinating. People who make poor selfish decisions also tend to drive like dicks.
I have a friend who works at a company that's maintaining their vaccine mandate. They aren't worried about the Covid spread in the office really, but are using it as an idiot filter for new hires.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2023, 02:27 PM   #1375
TherapyforGlencross
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Got the Phfizer Bivalent shot yesterday. My 4th shot overall. All previous ones I received I only had a sore arm.

This one though is a bit different for me. Sore arm, but terrible headache. Additionally, I’ve been getting body shakes and my heart is thumping loudly with what feels like fast and slow (alternating) heartbeats. However, I can feel the pumping throughout my entire body. Has anyone else had this before ? I’m waiting it out…

27M, haven’t had COVID yet.

Last edited by TherapyforGlencross; 01-06-2023 at 02:30 PM.
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 04:51 PM   #1376
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
I have a friend who works at a company that's maintaining their vaccine mandate. They aren't worried about the Covid spread in the office really, but are using it as an idiot filter for new hires.
Brilliant idea.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 08:10 PM   #1377
justkidding
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherapyforGlencross View Post
Got the Phfizer Bivalent shot yesterday. My 4th shot overall. All previous ones I received I only had a sore arm.

This one though is a bit different for me. Sore arm, but terrible headache. Additionally, I’ve been getting body shakes and my heart is thumping loudly with what feels like fast and slow (alternating) heartbeats. However, I can feel the pumping throughout my entire body. Has anyone else had this before ? I’m waiting it out…

Hope you’re ok. Maybe call 811 and have a chat.
justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkidding For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2023, 02:52 PM   #1378
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherapyforGlencross View Post

Just speaking from my experience, but I had something similar a year ago when I got my first (and last) booster. A week later, my heart started to seemingly skip a beat, then just take off for no reason. I've since been diagnosed with a heart arrhythmia. It could've been triggered by the vaccine or it could just be a coincidence that it decided to show up when it did, my doctor can't say for sure. It did stop after a week or so, although it'll pop up randomly every once and a while now.

Definitely make an appointment with your doctor, though. If you have what I do, it's not dangerous in itself but it's good to be aware of it.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:06 PM   #1379
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Added the Pfizer bivalent to my 3x Moderna today.

Less than 2 hours later, it already feels like my shoulder is feeling less sore than before.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:37 PM   #1380
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pfizer bivalent is booked for tomorrow. I'm expecting not much of anything. The Moderna ones always kicked my arse, higher dosages though.

EDIT: Nothing, barely a stiff right shoulder.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 01-25-2023 at 07:58 PM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote