Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2020, 11:36 AM   #301
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Kind of depends. The combo in the one posted above, to me, just makes the whole thing look like a toy. There's a way to do it.

For example, if you were to do a targa and pay Porsche whatever they asked for (and I imagine it would be 5 figures) to do your interior in the 911 sport classic pindot, or more realistically the 50th AE style with the houndstooth, I'd be 100% on board.
Porsche offers various shades of dark tan / brown in their standard colour palette and thankfully, the Leather To Sample (LTS) option isn't all that (5-figures) pricey.

I do agree, though. The Targa is more of a Touring car and a 'warmer' colour combo suits the car well. IMO, the bright colours are generally more suited to the more aggressive models, like a GT3.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:49 AM   #302
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Just looking at the automotive market for those vehicles, I don't think you should be looking at a Jeep or any domestic product if near-term re-sale value is a purchase consideration, even if it's lost that first year of depreciation. If you keep your vehicles for a long time, then go for it because they all drop like a stone after seven to ten years.
They drop like a stone the first three years of ownership, avg 55% actually. Years 1 =30% depreciation, Year 2= 17%, Year 3= 8%. This is a good rule to go by, relative to avg km, avg condition. There are some that hold value higher such as a Jeep Wrangler and some that are much worse, like pretty much any sedan.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:28 PM   #303
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Meh, that red interior is miles better than either of those, nod to classic Porsche interiors or not.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:32 PM   #304
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

People like different colors. Who knew.

I can't even imagine the mental anguish you would go through having to pick colors on a new Porsche build. So many damn permutations to choose from.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2020, 09:17 PM   #305
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Just looking at the automotive market for those vehicles, I don't think you should be looking at a Jeep or any domestic product if near-term re-sale value is a purchase consideration, even if it's lost that first year of depreciation. If you keep your vehicles for a long time, then go for it because they all drop like a stone after seven to ten years.
Wasn't suggesting my plan was to keep it for a year and then sell it. My suggestion was the sticker price may shock, but buying a one-year old model used puts it in a much more palatable price range. Let someone else eat the early depreciation.
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:36 PM   #306
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCAV View Post
Wasn't suggesting my plan was to keep it for a year and then sell it. My suggestion was the sticker price may shock, but buying a one-year old model used puts it in a much more palatable price range. Let someone else eat the early depreciation.
If I was to get one I'd get a diesel anyway and they stopped making them a few years ago.

They're nice my point was I was shocked at the price. Even though they don't compete with each other at all I'd rather get an F-150 reasonable loaded for 10-15k less and get way more vehicle for my money
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:51 PM   #307
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
They drop like a stone the first three years of ownership, avg 55% actually. Years 1 =30% depreciation, Year 2= 17%, Year 3= 8%. This is a good rule to go by, relative to avg km, avg condition. There are some that hold value higher such as a Jeep Wrangler and some that are much worse, like pretty much any sedan.
Or go with a Toyota truck or SUV. Way better resale value.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:15 AM   #308
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chrysler looks to add another hideous vehicle to their lineup.

Spoiler!

The lower half looks totally frumpy. The grill looks like it went through a cardboard compactor. The rear looks like it was designed on a Friday afternoon. Good enough, time to go home!

https://jalopnik.com/heres-our-first...r-s-1844940577

Last edited by Fuzz; 09-03-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #309
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

oh cool another suv
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #310
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

It needs to have wood paneling, otherwise it's not a Wagoneer.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #311
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

It reminds me of the Canyonero.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #312
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I actually don't mind the looks of it... Not a fan of the grille (Rolls is going to be choked after making a big deal about the illuminated grill on the new Ghost revealed a couple of days ago), but don't mind the overall shape - then again, I like my SUVs boxy.

Chrysler is obviously chasing that insanely lucrative high-dollar SUV segment, but I can't see them really luring away buyers from the Escalade, Navigator, GLS & X7 crowd and the depreciation on the Wagoneer will be atrocious.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #313
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Absolutely zero passion in the design department these days eh? It’s sad that as we engineer technically the beet performing vehicles, design teams continue to do the exact same thing as the next brand, over and over and over.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #314
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

FCA need to ditch the Fiat trucks influence that creeps in to their styling - it's remiscence of Lego Duplo and not a good thing.

The Doblo for instance - dorky is the best way to describe it:

Sadly you see this in the Jeep Renegade, the Promaster, and now the Wagoneer (yes I know the 1st 2 are Fiat derivatives) It's not a good look.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:09 AM   #315
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Absolutely zero passion in the design department these days eh? It’s sad that as we engineer technically the beet performing vehicles, design teams continue to do the exact same thing as the next brand, over and over and over.
With respect to SUVs what exactly can design departments do to incorporate passion into a standard or even luxury SUV? Basically for every SUV on the market practicality will always win out over design. We're not talking about super cars or hyper cars where designers have a lot more freedom. I don't expect that there will ever be an SUV that illicits a passionate design.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #316
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
With respect to SUVs what exactly can design departments do to incorporate passion into a standard or even luxury SUV? Basically for every SUV on the market practicality will always win out over design. We're not talking about super cars or hyper cars where designers have a lot more freedom. I don't expect that there will ever be an SUV that illicits a passionate design.
Furthermore, designs are dictated more than ever by disparate sets of regulations from different countries. The designers' hands are tied in order to accommodate different standards of crash-worthiness, pedestrian safety, etc.

The FCA designers couldn't do much different with the design of the Wagoneer, even if they wanted to.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #317
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
The Bronco and Jeep both look good and have some passion in their design.

My problem is with the Sante Fe, Tuscon, Rav, CR-V, HR-V, Escape, Edge, CX-7, CX-9, etc. etc. etc. etc. They all look like different versions of a castrated jellybean. Sales indicate people seem to love them, though, so what do I know.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #318
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
FCA need to ditch the Fiat trucks influence that creeps in to their styling - it's remiscence of Lego Duplo and not a good thing.
In general, I quite like the European-influenced designs that we've had with the newest generation of work vans, compared to the ancient Econolines or Savanas, or the weirdly shaped Nissan NV. I much prefer a van be a bit dorky and friendly looking, over the agro tonka look we're getting with many trucks.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #319
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
In a weird coincidence I was looking at Fiat based Westfalia camper vans last night thinking how cool it would be to get one of these in Canada.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #320
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
In a weird coincidence I was looking at Fiat based Westfalia camper vans last night thinking how cool it would be to get one of these in Canada.
A family member recently bought something similar to this from a Quebec company that uses a lot of European-sourced parts and design inspiration. It's pretty close to that Westfalia in look and feel. https://panoramicrv.com

It's nice to finally start seeing see RV/camper interiors that don't look like you're going to grandmas cottage in the 70s.
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: