Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-27-2019, 03:11 PM   #61
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
A lot of interpretation on how to watch the movies but I'd put it a bit so around chronological (in terms of where the movie takes place) vs. movie release date:

1. Captain America: TFA
2. Iron Man
3. The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton vs. Mark Ruffalo)
4. Iron Man 2
5. Thor
6. Avengers
7. Iron Man 3
8. Captain America: TWS
9. Thor: Dark World
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Ant-Man
14. Captain America: Civil War
15. Spider-Man: Homecoming
16. Doctor Strange
17. Thor: Ragnarok
18. Black Panther
19. Avengers: Infinity Wars
20. Avengers: Endgame
There's a solo hulk film that ties into this MCU?

News to me. Thought the Norton one (which I haven't seen) had no connection.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #62
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
A lot of interpretation on how to watch the movies but I'd put it a bit so around chronological (in terms of where the movie takes place) vs. movie release date:

2. Iron Man
3. The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton vs. Mark Ruffalo)
4. Iron Man 2
5. Thor
6. Avengers
7. Iron Man 3
8. Captain America: TWS
9. Thor: Dark World
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Ant-Man
14. Captain America: Civil War
15. Spider-Man: Homecoming
16. Doctor Strange
17. Thor: Ragnarok
18. Black Panther
19. Avengers: Infinity Wars
20. Avengers: Endgame
You forgot Captain Marvel
Old 04-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #63
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was thinking today that you’d be very hard pressed to find better value than spending $10 for 3 hours of such excellent entertainment. That was truly just so much fun.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #64
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
There's a solo hulk film that ties into this MCU?

News to me. Thought the Norton one (which I haven't seen) had no connection.
http://collider.com/incredible-hulk-...ospective-mcu/

Lots of good artcles about this, however, it does. In fact the post-credit scene ties in with 'The General' and Iron Man himself.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #65
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the way they handled Thanos. Especially when Thanos is watching future Thanos die and says something like that is fulfilling your destiny. He takes satisfaction in his death after accomplishing his goal. Then I like how when he sees that the Avengers keep fighting that he was wrong about how to make a stable universe and needs to start from scratch.

I also like how Thanos’ plan to save the universe was working on earth. Less pollution and recovering whales.

The Captain time loop is a bit problematic but I like the idea that he went back and lived his life in the alternate timeline then returned as an old man. Otherwise he has a lot of explaining to do why he didn’t stop a lot of things from happening which he couldn’t do per the rules of time travel set out.

Setting out the rules of time travel was both necessary and hilarious and a really well done piece of exposition.

I didn’t like the soul stone sequence. I don’t think they built them up together enough over the last 10 years. Her and the hulk would have been a good pair but her killing herself over the hulk would have been difficult to pull off.

For how much they built it up they made a really compelling movie. There were many ways to screw it up and they didn’t. It’s really impressive. That said I’m not sure I will watch it again because part of the attraction was seeing how they wrapped it up and knowing that going in the first hour would likely be hard to watch.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #66
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Just saw it too! But... there isnt a post credit scene like they usually do?

but I cant help but feel that

Spoiler!
There was a “post credits scene” of a sort. The credits ended to the ting of a hammer banging in metal. To me It’s right out of Iron Man 1, where he is banging out the Mark-1 in the cave. A fitting capstone to the movie and the story as a whole, instead of introducing something new, to honour the very beginning.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #67
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

When they mention that there was an under sea earthquake I think its a set up for Namor vs Black Panther in BP2.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #68
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait a second...

5 years have passed, Scott's daughter is all grown up, but when Peter Parker returns he goes right back to his regular high school and his friends are all the same age.

Unless that entire group was erased in the snap?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #69
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
You forgot Captain Marvel
And Ant Man & The Wasp.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #70
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just got back from it. Fantastic movie. So much heart and so much humour to keep it from getting too serious.

Bravo Marvel.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #71
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

2. Captain Marvel
3. Iron Man
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Iron Man 2
6. Thor
7. Avengers
8. Iron Man 3
9. Captain America: TWS
10. Thor: Dark World
11. Guardians of the Galaxy
12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
14. Ant-Man
15. Captain America: Civil War
16. Spider-Man: Homecoming
17. Doctor Strange
18. Black Panther
19. Thor: Ragnarok
20. Ant-Man & The Wasp
21. Avengers: Infinity War
22. Avengers: Endgame

Chronological is not the way to watch these movies. If you do that then the mid/after credit scenes don't make sense for a lot of them, and a lot of references would be missed. Release date is the proper way to watch the series
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 10:12 PM   #72
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Chronological is not the way to watch these movies. If you do that then the mid/after credit scenes don't make sense for a lot of them, and a lot of references would be missed. Release date is the proper way to watch the series
I respectfully disagree, specifically on the part of the "proper way".

If someone legitimately tried to watch 22 movies in release date order it gets mighty confusing when during the actual timeline all of this is happening.

Fair comment on the Easter eggs and post credit scenes can mean something different.

I've watched both ways. Originally via release date order and then prior to Infinity War via the chronological order way...I really did have a very different appreciation doing it the second way.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #73
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
I respectfully disagree, specifically on the part of the "proper way".

If someone legitimately tried to watch 22 movies in release date order it gets mighty confusing when during the actual timeline all of this is happening.

Fair comment on the Easter eggs and post credit scenes can mean something different.

I've watched both ways. Originally via release date order and then prior to Infinity War via the chronological order way...I really did have a very different appreciation doing it the second way.

So you watch Captain America first, and then it teases The Avengers at the end without you knowing who any of the other characters are yet and you have to wait for 6 more movies chronologically. Captain Marvel loses a lot of the fun dynamics with Fury and Coulson if that's your first exposure to them, and you never see Danvers again for 20 movies. The worst offender would be Ant-Man & The Wasp, which would drastically spoil Infinity War if you watched it first. I just don't see how watching them in any order other than release date adds anything of value
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #74
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
So you watch Captain America first, and then it teases The Avengers at the end without you knowing who any of the other characters are yet and you have to wait for 6 more movies chronologically. Captain Marvel loses a lot of the fun dynamics with Fury and Coulson if that's your first exposure to them, and you never see Danvers again for 20 movies. The worst offender would be Ant-Man & The Wasp, which would drastically spoil Infinity War if you watched it first. I just don't see how watching them in any order other than release date adds anything of value
Hmm if you're only watching MCU movies to make sense of post credit scenes then I think you're more of a rare case. That's an added bonus from my perspective.

The Captain Marvel comment though is completely a fair one, if you watch that one in chronological order you really do lose a lot of the nods throughout the film in terms of all previously released films.

Why would watching Ant-Man & Wasp before Infinity War spoil anything? If anything you simply would not understand what happened in the post credit scene until you watched Infinity War and pieced it together.

Again I'll say, I've watched the films both ways and extract value in both approaches.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:00 PM   #75
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Wait a second...

5 years have passed, Scott's daughter is all grown up, but when Peter Parker returns he goes right back to his regular high school and his friends are all the same age.

Unless that entire group was erased in the snap?
How many friends in that scene did you recognize? Not sure you can say all his friends are the same age.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:09 AM   #76
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really liked it, but I hated how empty all the locations were. I know Thanos erased half the planet's population, but in New York, that would still leave ~4 million people; certainly less busy, but not the zombie apocalypse-esque atmosphere they set.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 01:27 AM   #77
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pros:
RDJs swan song was a beauty. The whole movie was an ode to Tony Stark/RDJ and the one who started this beast.

Thor going all Jim Morrison/Lebowski

"I dont even know you" "You will ". Was my highlight. Puts Scarlet Witch into the same power scope as Captain Marvel and rightfully so.

Speaking of Captain Marvel. The Headbutt moment was great. Thanos was like "Damn it"

Cap Weilding Thors hammer was the big huzzah moment in both viewings in the theater. Crowds went ape sheet. Although IMO, not as big of a pop as when Thor ,Groot and Rocket rolled in during IW.

Gamorah responding to Quills touch was awesome.

A fantastic homage to Thor, Cap and Iron man meeting in the first Avengers when they take on Thanos before the main battle. Also put Thanos power into scope a little better than before.

Cons:
Hulk, hated Professor Hulk. Just....ugh. Irked me the entire movie.

I know Falcon becomes Captain America for a while in the comics but it feel flat for me. Only because he is still extremely human compared to super Steve. Cap needs that speed and elevated boost. Maybe Black Panther gives him the purple flower juice at some point moving forward.

Sad this chapter is done. It was a fantastic, long ride excellently executed.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:31 AM   #78
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
How many friends in that scene did you recognize? Not sure you can say all his friends are the same age.
To be fair, it's a little curious that all of his friends appear to be the same age in the new trailers for Far From Home, a movie which is supposedly set after Endgame.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:26 AM   #79
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought it was ok. Maybe a 7 out of 10.

I thought Avengers Infinity Wars was much much better.

The comedy scenes were great with Hulk, Thor, Antman and the guardians guys.

I don't know what it is, it was ok. I'm comparing it to other Marvel Movies which is a high bar. Compared to most movies it's awesome, compared to all the Marvel Movies it's pretty good.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #80
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

There’s so much to unpack.

The start was jarring. I’m still shocked they went that direction. I wonder how the movie would’ve played if they’d skipped that part. Go straight to five years later after the Hawkeye opener.

There are some logic issues with the return of snapped people that get hilarious when you really think about it. Even for a movie about super powered humans, time travel and raccoons from space.

I wonder what happened to past Gamora. Did she get snapped with the bad guys? Quill was still searching for her at the end so I’m thinking she did. I was half expecting her to stay in the future and in GOTG3.

Might be Ruffalo’s best Hulk performance. That CGI is flawless.

Loved the callbacks, like the elevator scene.

I read the signatures during credits was borrowed from Star Trek VI and it was a nice touch.

Some of Peter’s friends will definitely be in Uni now. But the more you think about the return of the snapped the dumber it gets, so it’s probably best to just ignore that.

For the second Avengers movie in a row Tony made a pop culture reference I didn’t understand.

I’d like to read an explanation of how Cap’s other life worked when he went back. I haven’t read anything yet that explains it within the rules of timetravel that they laid out.

It wasn’t perfect and I liked IW quite a bit more, but I can’t get over how insanely ambitious End Game was. It was like they combined the Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers Forever storylines and just went for it. The time travel, having all the actors reprise their roles, the fan service etc. It felt like they were able to hit payoff after payoff in a way only a comic book can. But they found a way to put it to film.

Hard to compare it to other movies given this was such an event. I’ll be honest it didn’t quite nail it for me but was close enough I feel satisfied.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-28-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote