Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #301
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Wait, is that what was teased? It got a little deep nerd in here and I lost track.
Check out the trailer for the next Spider-Man movie, which was released a couple days ago. Far From Home.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #302
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Wait, is that what was teased? It got a little deep nerd in here and I lost track.

Teased? It's outright shown in both Spiderman FFH trailers, he plays a huge part in the movie
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #303
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last Solo Spider-Man movie had Vulture as the villain too. He fits in with the classics.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #304
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mysterio better have a fishbowl for a head at some point. Trailer looks like a bit of a mess but I love Spidey so I'll probably be in line opening night.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #305
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Mysterio better have a fishbowl for a head at some point. Trailer looks like a bit of a mess but I love Spidey so I'll probably be in line opening night.
He's got the fishbowl head in the trailer, or I guess in at least one of the trailers anyways. Looks awesome.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #306
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shocker was in Homecoming, too.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #307
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
He's got the fishbowl head in the trailer, or I guess in at least one of the trailers anyways. Looks awesome.
I'll have to rewatch, missed that!

EDIT: Very prominent in the trailer, I don't know what I was looking at to miss it.

Last edited by speede5; 05-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #308
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Teased? It's outright shown in both Spiderman FFH trailers, he plays a huge part in the movie
I hadn't seen them, I was just referring to that twitter clip.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #309
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1126193059631456257

So ####ing good
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #310
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Was watching this video and one thing that stuck out to me was when Cap tried lifting Thors hammer in Avengers: Ultron. Cap immediately realized he could in fact lift it but didn't want to humiliate Thor. Just never dawned on me, I assumed he was kinda worthy but not fully worthy, or something like that. Interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #311
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think the writers or directors have a clear description of why and or when Cap could weild Mjolnir.

They have discussed that he could in AofU but chose not to.

One discussion out there is that he wasn't worthy as long as he kept the secret of Bucky killing Tony's parents. Once he let go of that secret, he was worthy.
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #312
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
I don't think the writers or directors have a clear description of why and or when Cap could weild Mjolnir.

They have discussed that he could in AofU but chose not to.

One discussion out there is that he wasn't worthy as long as he kept the secret of Bucky killing Tony's parents. Once he let go of that secret, he was worthy.
Not according to that video I posted, one of them explicitly states Cap realized he could wield the hammer in that moment during Avengers Ultron.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #313
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Not according to that video I posted, one of them explicitly states Cap realized he could wield the hammer in that moment during Avengers Ultron.
They've also stated that is their interpretation of the scene. They don't state that's what Marvel or Whedon meant while writing it.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #314
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Did we find out what happened to Gamora? Is she just going to do her own thing before eventually getting back with Quill in a future GotG movie? I thought for a second she would have been killed in Stark's snap but that doesn't make sense.
I've got a thought about this: the idea of family (both biological and chosen) is such a strong theme in the GotG movies. Gamora is, for the first time, potentially without any family: her biological family and adopted father are dead, and this Gamora has no connection to the GotG other than her sister, who she never had the chance to bond with. IMO it would be really interesting to explore what happens to Gamora without any anchoring influences in her life. I'm thinking a darker path than the other Gamora (not a villain, but with a different more ruthless moral compass).
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #315
MrButtons
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I've got a thought about this: the idea of family (both biological and chosen) is such a strong theme in the GotG movies. Gamora is, for the first time, potentially without any family: her biological family and adopted father are dead, and this Gamora has no connection to the GotG other than her sister, who she never had the chance to bond with. IMO it would be really interesting to explore what happens to Gamora without any anchoring influences in her life. I'm thinking a darker path than the other Gamora (not a villain, but with a different more ruthless moral compass).
oooooo that is a cool take I hadn't even considered. are you thinking something similar to Ronin in endgame?
MrButtons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrButtons For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #316
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I honestly wasn't sure what they would do with GoTG 3 but the direction it has to go now has me very excited. Especially with Lebowski Thor along for the ride.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #317
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

My favourite moment was Howard's response when Tony asked him how far along pregnant his wife was. I laughed out loud at that.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #318
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
They've also stated that is their interpretation of the scene. They don't state that's what Marvel or Whedon meant while writing it.
I saw a clip of that scene and upon viewing it with current knowledge, it sure looks like Cap half asses his attempt at lifting it after it moved initially. So that’s my interpretation too.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:28 PM   #319
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watching Iron Man 2 because it has some moments I like (the suitcase suit).

Just noticed when Stark turns the company over to Pepper he tells her "it's you, it's always been you." Which is the same thing he says in his recording to her in Endgame.

This is why its worth watching all of these movies, even the meh ones.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #320
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Just watching Iron Man 2 because it has some moments I like (the suitcase suit).

Just noticed when Stark turns the company over to Pepper he tells her "it's you, it's always been you." Which is the same thing he says in his recording to her in Endgame.

This is why its worth watching all of these movies, even the meh ones.
In one of the Captain America: The First Avenger scenes, he's the one telling Bucky he'll be fine, since Bucky is taking all the stupid with him when he leaves.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 05-12-2019 at 08:36 AM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote