Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #81
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saying he's "an elite below average QB" is basically saying of this group of schmos, there's very little between them and Kaep

Tannehill
Dalton
Bortles
Bradford (week 1 starter in 2018 after all)
Keenum
Eli
Jameis
Flacco
Mariota
Cousins

And yeah Cousins needs to be on that list. Dude is perhaps the biggest choker in the league. Kaep led the 49ers from 17-0 on the road in the NFC championship. Yeah that was long ago, but that one game is probably better than Cousins whole career. Point is there are a good amount of not very QBs who make $20 million, and Kaep is not appreciable worse than any of them and arguably better than all of them except prime Eli.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #82
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, again, that's your own narrative on the purpose of the lawsuit from Kap's end, based on a Nike advertisement. I love people (not necessarily you) on the right screaming "IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!" Of course it was. Congratulations, and welcome to capitalism.
It’s not my narrative. How do you get that. If by holding someone’s words publicly and their actions as what you should expect someone to do is making up my own narrative then I guess??

I feel like based on how you post your stuck on the political end of it that because Kap is a liberal all star at the moment that you must defend him or something. I don’t give a #### that Kap knelt, I think the message he intended to bring notice too (but got lost in the anthem controversy) is a worthy cause. But his choice to take the money as opposed to forcing admission on the NFL’s part makes him a phoney IMO. If you carry yourself as some hero ready to take on anything at all costs to fight against the oppression of black people then yes I expect you to not take the money and expose the NFL. I’d you don’t, you were a sham and you duped everyone.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #83
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

He absolutely should have taken the money to punish them for taking away his chance at a career to appease rednecks.

I'm laughing my ass off at the NFL right now, but lets be honest, they gladly paid the money because there's no way they wanted discovery on the internal communications.

A whole lot of holier than thou going on in here right now.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #84
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
He absolutely should have taken the money to punish them for taking away his chance at a career to appease rednecks.

I'm laughing my ass off at the NFL right now, but lets be honest, they gladly paid the money because there's no way they wanted discovery on the internal communications.

He put himself on that pedestal though. I already said I’d of taken the money in a heartbeat. But when you become the poster boy for “taking a stand”. Taking your money to quietly go away now is kind of a bad look.

And again if he had the case in the bag why not string it out. Force things into the open and even potentially get more money?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #85
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
He put himself on that pedestal though. I already said I’d of taken the money in a heartbeat. But when you become the poster boy for “taking a stand”. Taking your money to quietly go away now is kind of a bad look.

And again if he had the case in the bag why not string it out. Force things into the open and even potentially get more money?
Except he only has an NDA regarding the collusion and settlement, not the police brutality which was the entire purpose of his protests.

How is that unprincipled? Those are completely different things.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #86
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Except he only has an NDA regarding the collusion and settlement, not the police brutality which was the entire purpose of his protests.

How is that unprincipled? Those are completely different things.
He claims to want to stand up to the oppression in general. If he felt that as you said in your own words to appease the “red necks” who wanted him out of the league. Don’t you think that would of been a good start? And again if he had such a case why not go for the throat?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #87
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't say he felt that, that was what I posted. The collusion thing was about getting paid. He really doesn't have to say anything else about it, the multi, multi million dollar payout said all that needed to be said, and now he can focus on his original cause.

As much as you want to make him taking a settlement low character, for some odd reason, it's just not.

You're trying to hold him to some ridiculous standard that you admitted that even yourself wouldn't live to. I wonder why?

Last edited by nik-; 02-17-2019 at 08:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #88
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't say he felt that, that was what I posted. The collusion thing was about getting paid. He really doesn't have to say anything else about it, the multi, multi million dollar payout said all that needed to be said, and now he can focus on his original cause.

As much as you want to make him taking a settlement low character, for some odd reason, it's just not.

You're trying to hold him to some ridiculous standard that you admitted that even yourself wouldn't live to. I wonder why?
Because I’m not a black activist who has made my newfound career and livelihood off the basis that I stood up and risked it all at all costs?

I’m going to take that one for why I would expect him to not take the settlement and yet I would. LOL.

And again. Hey if he’s got the case he’s got nothing to lose then. You make it sound like I’m saying he should flush money down the toilet just cause. You only take a settlement if your at a risk to lose. It’s not the other way around.

And I love your “and I wonder why?” At the end. You’ve already labeled anyone who would of had an issue with him kneeling as rednecks (which as I’ve stated before his kneeling never bothered me) I’d like you to clarify what you’ve meant by that? Am I a redneck now too?
Old 02-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #89
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

It depends. Are you a "shut up and play" type?

If so, then yeah, you're a redneck. You say you're not, and that's great, but the people who got so up in arms over it are rednecks. That's what it is.

And you basically are saying he should flush the money because you're implying that if he takes money from a collusion settlement, that he's not pure in his intentions. Even though his intentions were directed at a completely different issue.

The NFL ####ed up, they paid the price, he'd be dumb not to take it.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #90
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It depends. Are you a "shut up and play" type?

If so, then yeah, you're a redneck. You say you're not, and that's great, but the people who got so up in arms over it are rednecks. That's what it is.

And you basically are saying he should flush the money because you're implying that if he takes money from a collusion settlement, that he's not pure in his intentions. Even though his intentions were directed at a completely different issue.

The NFL ####ed up, they paid the price, he'd be dumb not to take it.
I’ve already stated twice how I felt about his kneeling.

And no what I’m saying is if he wants to stand up for injustices against minorities . He should start in his own court with the alleged opression he received in his work place. He has already profited from his activism, he doesn’t have much to lose if he actually has a case in order to push the issue and make the NFL admit it.

See what you have wrong is that this settlement doesn’t tell us they ####ed up. We can all speculate but it will never be disclosed. That’s the reason why I don’t take him accepting the settlement in favorable light. It doesn’t prove they were wrong. Kap just gets paid and it all goes away now. People can speculate wether it’s cause they actually did collude or not but there will never be any admission.

So do I think Kap is a POS person? No. Do I think he’s a role model? Also No. he gets held to a higher standard because he chose to put himself in the limelight. I look at guys like Daniel Carcillo ( who oddly enough I don’t really agree with a lot of what he has to say otherwise) who once a settlement was offered by the NHL to the players in a similar fashion as this NFL one (albeit a lot less money like I also mentioned earlier) he and a few other core members of the lawsuit said they would not accept it unless it came with admission of guilt. I respect that. And again I respect Kap less because he portrays that he’s someone who wants to bring accountability but then when he had a chance he chose to take the money and go.

I’ll leave it with another quote and this will be my last post on the issue. People obviously already have their minds made and I feel like I’ve made my point as well as I can.

Quote:

“People don’t realize what’s really going on in this country. There are a lot of things that are going on that are unjust. People aren’t being held accountable for. And that’s something that needs to change. That’s something that this country stands for: freedom, liberty and justice for all.” – Colin Kaepernick

“I’ll never take the easy way out.” – Colin Kaepernick

“Seeking the truth, finding the truth, telling the truth and living the truth has been and will always be what guides my actions.” – Colin Kaepernick
So to me you want to accept awards and give big media speeches saying these kind of things and present yourself a role model and a man of principals. Yeah I’m going to call BS on you when you sign a lucrative deal to end your beef with the NFL when you had alledged they purposely colluded to keep you out of your job because you were a black man not towing the company line. Wether that was his original issue or not. You wanna choose to live by the sword then sometimes you gotta die by it.

Last edited by Patek23; 02-17-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I’m bad at grammar :(
Old 02-17-2019, 09:43 PM   #91
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's great that you don't feel his sacrifice was great enough, but his career is still over. And he didn't profit from his activism, he profited from the NFL being dumb. You think they're paying out on a high profile collusion case based around a racial protest if they think they have a real chance at winning it? Not happening. They knew what they did, so they settled.

I'm glad he got paid. It's too bad we won't get to see the internal comms in the NFL though, that would have been fantastic. I bet there was a lot of the word "uppity".
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #92
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What grosses me out is that some people actually like this guy and think he's a good guy. Remember all this started when he lost his starting job as none of this ever happens if he remained a starting QB. Whether he's wearing a Castro shirt in south Florida where there's a large Cuban population that despises him or wearing pig socks he's just not a person you want to put on a pedestal. It's always been about him. He's not genuine and he's just another rich "do as I say not as I do" celebrity. There's better people to put your support behind as there are some really great people in the the NFL and Kaepernick just isn't one of them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #93
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brown has met with Rooney and apparently they've agreed that it's best for both sides to move on.

sad to think about the potential they had with Brown and Bell and how little they achieved, and that's obviously tied to Tomlin who's enabled all the drama and should have been fired for sure. But I'm glad that the AB soap opera is coming to an end.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #94
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pittsburgh is likely proud of their continuity with head coaches through out the franchises history but cheerleader Tomlin needs to go as the drama he allowed certainly didn't help that team
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:07 PM   #95
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Brown has met with Rooney and apparently they've agreed that it's best for both sides to move on.

sad to think about the potential they had with Brown and Bell and how little they achieved, and that's obviously tied to Tomlin who's enabled all the drama and should have been fired for sure. But I'm glad that the AB soap opera is coming to an end.
I'm sure their rapist, diva QB who seems to like to throw his teammates under the bus has something to do with it as well. Maybe not so much with Bell, but definitely with Brown. Plenty of rumours out there about how much of a dickhead Ben is.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #96
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/02/22/robert...itution-sting/

Welp.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #97
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if in time the name Epstein will be tied with Kraft.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1098990650035527680
Old 02-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #98
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I wonder if in time the name Epstein will be tied with Kraft.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1098990650035527680
Uh I mean I guess anything’s possible. But Kraft got busted going to a rub and tug lol quite the stretch from purchasing underage girls.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #99
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Except when you remember the company Kraft keeps and how many of them are linked to Epstein. Epstein is gonna be bringing down a TON of the rich and elite in time.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #100
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Except when you remember the company Kraft keeps and how many of them are linked to Epstein. Epstein is gonna be bringing down a TON of the rich and elite in time.
I guess but that’s definetely a whole lot of speculation.