Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #581
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I don't seal off single malt scotches or other nice stuff. I do limit the amount guests can have and anyone that shoots a sipper after being warned gets cut off and slapped by the crew. Life is too short to worry about the cost of stuff like this. I mean, it depends what you mean by a party. I went on a stag recently and a drunken buddy asked for their strongest shot (no 151). They gave us cask strength Lagavulin in shot glasses! (I asked the waitress what it was) Half the guys shot it and the other half sipped and tapped out. Lucky me to got 3-4 shots of Lagavulin to sip, but damn was I upset at that bartender taking advantage of my drunk buddy.

I do often like taking people "on a journey" and offering them varying flavour profiles that they can then narrow their acquisition bottles to stuff they know they like vs shooting in the dark. I've often offered to do a bottle swap with newbies if a bottle doesn't work out, but no one has really taken me up on that offer because they've been happy with what they acquired.

Oo... that's a good one. Cooked with sliced onions... nice. Agreed that very few places have it. Co-op occasionally has something close when they stock locally produced stuff, but yes, it's hard to acquire.
and some pyrogies.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2022, 02:40 PM   #582
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
and some pyrogies.
Sour cream! Don't forget the sour cream! Aww damn that's making my mouth water. It's also fantastic with some Borscht on the side (with sour cream added).

Mm.. this mention of Mennonite food. I think I should make some roll kuchen for my kids for breakfast this weekend.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #583
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don't seal off single malt scotches or other nice stuff. I do limit the amount guests can have and anyone that shoots a sipper after being warned gets cut off and slapped by the crew. Life is too short to worry about the cost of stuff like this. I mean, it depends what you mean by a party. I went on a stag recently and a drunken buddy asked for their strongest shot (no 151). They gave us cask strength Lagavulin in shot glasses! (I asked the waitress what it was) Half the guys shot it and the other half sipped and tapped out. Lucky me to got 3-4 shots of Lagavulin to sip, but damn was I upset at that bartender taking advantage of my drunk buddy.

I do often like taking people "on a journey" and offering them varying flavour profiles that they can then narrow their acquisition bottles to stuff they know they like vs shooting in the dark. I've often offered to do a bottle swap with newbies if a bottle doesn't work out, but no one has really taken me up on that offer because they've been happy with what they acquired.

Oo... that's a good one. Cooked with sliced onions... nice. Agreed that very few places have it. Co-op occasionally has something close when they stock locally produced stuff, but yes, it's hard to acquire.
Yes! and then make a nice cream gravy in the pan...delish. Even cold the next day the sausage is like candy to me. Have never found a good one in a store. I've always been lucky to have someone pick some up from some farm in Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

Last edited by Zevo; 09-22-2022 at 08:31 PM.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 09:17 AM   #584
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am taking my baby daughter to swim lessons. I haven’t been to a public pool in probably 20 years.

I only have thin board shorts with no liner. I can totally wear some synthetic underarmor type underwear as well right? Not keen on my penis being eternally outlined while splashing around in the kiddie pool.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:31 AM   #585
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
I am taking my baby daughter to swim lessons. I haven’t been to a public pool in probably 20 years.

I only have thin board shorts with no liner. I can totally wear some synthetic underarmor type underwear as well right? Not keen on my penis being eternally outlined while splashing around in the kiddie pool.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:32 AM   #586
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I do, too.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:22 AM   #587
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Yes! and then make a nice cream gravy in the pan...delish. Even cold the next day the sausage is like candy to me. Have never found a good one in a store. I've always been lucky to have someone pick some up from some farm in Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
Heh, and have you have the farmer's sausage vs Mennonite sausage conversation with someone? "It's the same thing!"

Oh my, how did I forget the cream gravy. I gotta get back into making that. I've made an adapted version for pasta for so long, I somehow forgot it was originally for perogies. I cream, butter, onions, black pepper, ham, cream, paprika... yum. Thanks for reminding me. I gotta go back to basics.

My "lazy adapted version" starts with canned Campbells mushroom soup add spice, onions and shrimp and it goes on pasta.

I gotta dig out the Mennonite cookbook I received as a gift years ago. I gotta find that recipe for the two piece dinner bun. I forget the name of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #588
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

but but hot moms.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 11:12 AM   #589
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Heh, and have you have the farmer's sausage vs Mennonite sausage conversation with someone? "It's the same thing!"
These posts back to back
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 11:14 AM   #590
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
but but hot moms.
I think hot moms is the reason why he wants to hide the outline on his swim trunks...
Old 09-23-2022, 11:21 AM   #591
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think hot moms is the reason why he wants to hide the outline on his swim trunks...
Why hide your lamp.....

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:21 AM   #592
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Why hide your lamp.....
Maybe he's a Costanza.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 11:31 AM   #593
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Maybe he's a Costanza.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 11:50 AM   #594
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

…but every other swim suit scenario = check out my junk?
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 01:16 PM   #595
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Well if I’m swimming in the Caribbean Sea and someone wants to chill close enough to map my glans, that’s on them. Cute little babies, not so much.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:00 PM   #596
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I make and enjoy a good pork chop, but it isn't even the best meat from that animal. It's good, and bacon is nice, but a slow smoked pork shoulder is the pork representative in the "top 5 meats".
Pork belly is awesome too
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 04:58 PM   #597
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Pork belly is awesome too
Fair point. I was kind of putting that in with bacon, even though obviously bacon is only one way to prepare it.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:29 PM   #598
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just buy yourself some saxx swimwear and call it a day. I got a couple of pairs this summer and it was life changing.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:54 PM   #599
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I took both my daughters to swimming lessons from babies to toddlers. It is a truly bonding experience you will never forget. We went to southland leisure centre. The change room was always a challenge. Trying to change them and me out of swimwear into their clothes, all the while tying to distract them from all the dudes with their junk out lol. I imagine things have changed since then…
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:04 AM   #600
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
I took both my daughters to swimming lessons from babies to toddlers. It is a truly bonding experience you will never forget. We went to southland leisure centre. The change room was always a challenge. Trying to change them and me out of swimwear into their clothes, all the while tying to distract them from all the dudes with their junk out lol. I imagine things have changed since then…
It has. there are family change rooms now, that have individual cubicles.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote